A new Visiting Las Vegas thread.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Looks like I'll be in Vegas February 20th til the 24th. I'm making it to the Calgary game that Wednesday, but am also trying to go to the Friday game.

Stubhub seems like the best place to get reseller tickets.

Has anyone been in the 100s sections?

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Looks like I'll be in Vegas February 20th til the 24th. I'm making it to the Calgary game that Wednesday, but am also trying to go to the Friday game.

Stubhub seems like the best place to get reseller tickets.

Has anyone been in the 100s sections?

100 Level is completely overpriced, IMO. You're paying a premium to sit behind the net. Doesn't make sense to me. Plus the upper half of the 100s are at the same height at the first 10 rows of the upper level.

It's a much better value & a better view to sit in between the blue lines in the 200s.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
100 Level is completely overpriced, IMO. You're paying a premium to sit behind the net. Doesn't make sense to me. Plus the upper half of the 100s are at the same height at the first 10 rows of the upper level.

It's a much better value & a better view to sit in between the blue lines in the 200s.
I've spoken to people that sit there and they love it.

I'm a between the blue lines kind of guy myself, so it's not my thing. If you don't mind being on an end (which is definitely not my thing) it is a little closer to the ice than the 200 level height-wise. It's great if you're a fan of the visiting team as well since that's the visitors shoot twice end.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Hey guys --

I'm coming in Feb -- got my tix for the mezzanine party deck -- drinks/food included I believe. Anyone have any experience on that area?

Main question --- and its a little weird -- is this..

Most arenas around North America I've been to are filled with hockey fans wearing jerseys and jeans. Now.. Im only asking this because its Vegas...

Is that the type of crowd which is @ Vegas home games? or is it more of a dressed up scene?

Also -- as a fan of cannabis -- I saw there are several dispensaries local to the Strip. Was going to take the monorail to the north end as I saw I think several up there.. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Tx!

Last edited:

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Hey guys --

I'm coming in Feb -- got my tix for the mezzanine party deck -- drinks/food included I believe. Anyone have any experience on that area?

Most arenas around North America I've been to are filled with hockey fans wearing jerseys and jeans. Now.. Im only asking this because its Vegas...

Is that the type of crowd which is @ Vegas home games? or is it more of a dressed up scene?
I've heard good things about the party deck thing. Apparently the food is good and the drinks are easy to get, I'd actually like to try it out prior to the end of the season.

Knights games are the same as every other hockey game I've been to as far as the crowds go. It's just a little louder.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I've heard good things about the party deck thing. Apparently the food is good and the drinks are easy to get, I'd actually like to try it out prior to the end of the season.

Knights games are the same as every other hockey game I've been to as far as the crowds go. It's just a little louder.

Fear not --- I'll report back after my game on the 21st. with pics.. (cuz you know the motto -- if there are no pics, it didnt happen)

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Hey guys --

Also -- as a fan of cannabis -- I saw there are several dispensaries local to the Strip. Was going to take the monorail to the north end as I saw I think several up there.. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Tx!
Most visitors seem to patronize Essence, as it's conveniently located on Las Vegas Boulevard.

Disclaimer: I have no personal or professional attachment to the dispensary. :D

Reactions: CPTN71 and Bones45

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Reef is pretty close to the Strip, a few blocks west and over the train tracks.

It's like the Walmart of weed places though. Decent quality, but they have some cheapy offerings.

Reactions: Bones45

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Lyft driver here. Done pickups/dropoffs from numerous venues. I have no recommendations either way (except for kickbacks I can get as driver lol). I don't indulge so can't comment on quality or price.

Norduck

youllneverquackalone
Feb 9, 2015
CA
Planning to go with some family next month, including my nephew who’s about 20 months old. Kids under 2 are free, right?

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Perfect, thank you! Between 4 adults, we can take turns walking him around the halls if he gets restless, but he’s pretty well-behaved for his age. ;)

As an owner of a 7 year old -- and previous owner of a 2 year old -- I remember a lot of walking and exploring of the arena. Somehow, a 2 year old is no good at sitting still for 3 hours. Who knew? :)

We did a lot of walking around, concourse.. arena... stairs.. etc.. intertwined with eating and drinking sessions. It gets old quickly. I would suggest to walk with him/her the concourse several times just before puck drop so you can at least catch as much as possible. If you haven't gotten your seats yet -- the lower the better.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
i need 2 tickets to February 15th against Edmonton. preds fan visiting but hockey game in Vegas is bucket list as soon as I heard y'all were getting a team. I've been to Vegas before so I'm familiar with the area. tickets are not cheap!

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
i need 2 tickets to February 15th against Edmonton. preds fan visiting but hockey game in Vegas is bucket list as soon as I heard y'all were getting a team. I've been to Vegas before so I'm familiar with the area. tickets are not cheap!

I think fans like you are part of the reason why there is a shortage of "cheap" tickets. Last game I went to (CBJ) our seat neighbors were from DC suburbs and Caps fans, but wanted to see a game after hearing all the noise and raves about it when the Caps came to visit in December. They said those were the two cheapest tickets ($68/each) they could stomach watching a game from (upstairs in 202), saying they usually get premium seats for Caps games. They paid double face value to watch two teams they have no connection with just to experience a VGK home game and they left saying it was fun and well worth it. The tickets on the secondary market are getting expensive, but then again hard to go to almost any good show in Vegas for less than that so if you are a hockey fan you probably won't be too disappointed.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
This is very true.

One of the things you learn to live with in Las Vegas is that every live show will cost a ridiculous amount compared to most other places. Your favorite band is coming to town? Go pick up a ticket at $110, or you could see them two nights earlier in Phoenix for $40 and make a road trip out of it.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
this is true. i paid $110 a ticket to see cirque du soleil last time in Vegas all for my ol lady *face palm*

im sure i can stomach whatever it costs to watch a knights game

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Hello again, I'm back with another question.

Any brewery suggestions? I'm not too fond of IPAs. I also see that there's a ton of Sin City Brewing Company. ...is that a bad thing?

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Hello again, I'm back with another question.

Any brewery suggestions? I'm not too fond of IPAs. I also see that there's a ton of Sin City Brewing Company. ...is that a bad thing?

Sin City is really the only one with an outpost on the strip. All the other breweries are scattered around the valley. Most of them don't serve food either, but some have food trucks that do show up from time to time.

My personal favorites are Tenaya Creek, Bad Beat & Crafthaus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad