League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
Tampa is still a very good team. I think this says more about how outstanding the Panthers have been in the playoffs. Probably going to be them or Carolina Representing the east this year.
Yeah, I’d put the odds of a Florida/Carolina ECF as pretty likely, they are both just so strong. From there it could go either way, I think they are pretty evenly matched.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Yeah, I’d put the odds of a Florida/Carolina ECF as pretty likely, they are both just so strong. From there it could go either way, I think they are pretty evenly matched.
I think I have to give the edge to Florida. They're so deep and Bob has been lights out recently in the playoffs. But yeah, as of now it looks like those two are destined to meet in the ECF.

Reactions: tycoonheart

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I dunno. Boston has a lot of good players still. And if Tor can somehow get that monkey off of their back (beat Bruins), then watch out.

I just want to make the Rags sweat a little bit. Game 3 is that opportunity.
I think Toronto’s goaltending is way too suspect to win it all, and they don’t have the defence to band aid it.

We shall see.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
I dunno. Boston has a lot of good players still. And if Tor can somehow get that monkey off of their back (beat Bruins), then watch out.

I just want to make the Rags sweat a little bit. Game 3 is that opportunity.
Making them sweat is not enough for me. I want to beat them.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34
Sep 19, 2008
I don't want to have to say this, but for a league with alleged parity the favorites lead 3-0 in 3 series.

Meh playoff. I mean I'll still watch but give me some good series. Other than Boston Toronto which could possibly be a Boston cakewalk the rest of the way, there isn't really another series worth tunin' into.

Also forgot that Dallas is trailing Vegas 2-0 lol.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Anyone but the Oil, the Peg, the Leafs, and the Canes. I have a high degree of disdain for the Rags, but it's only because no one on the Caps has the energy to beat them down at the moment.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I said it last year and was wrong, but Toronto is primed to do something really stupid this offseason.

Reactions: Calicaps

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Mitch Marner is going to be a Cap.

You mentioned it in the other thread but Wilson for Marner (provided Marner waives his NMC) is a trade that Washington should be pursuing after both teams are eliminated. Exactly the skillset Washington needs to jumpstart their offense and would be a boon for Ovie's pursuit as well.

It'd be a fun parallel with the Brouwer for Oshie trade as well: a incredibly skilled player who struggled in the playoffs for his old team being traded for a much less impactful player in the pursuit of character or toughness or whatever.

I'd prefer they target someone younger and with a better contract than Marner when pursuing a Wilson trade, but this really could be the last year they can trade Wilson for something good so if Marner is the best they can do then pull the trigger! He's still a great player!

Jun 15, 2007
Wilson for Marner would be such an insanely bad trade but also something their fan base might demand.

We can dream.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Bolts and Isles 'bout to get swept. LOL at everyone saying Tampa's window wasn't closed.
this aged poorly...

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: PlushMinus

Pigskin

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
Marner is 27 next week. Do we want to pay him $12m for the next 7 years after next, cause he is not coming for less, and the cost is not worth it unless we sign him for max length - I'm assuming Wilson and a 1st ish.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Marner is 27 next week. Do we want to pay him $12m for the next 7 years after next, cause he is not coming for less, and the cost is not worth it unless we sign him for max length - I'm assuming Wilson and a 1st ish.
I don't want anything to do with Marner because he's clearly a f***ing loser.

If we're going out trying to nab a high price piece because we don't want to be a rebuilding franchise the worst way to do that is to take on the guy being punted by a proposed competitor.

Marner doesn't have the stuff, don't care if he helps the goal chase or makes regular season plays, they can't tie themselves to that unless he sees some real significant change.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad