Value of: 9th overall pick

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You took the best offer so far and downgraded Zuc to Spooner and a 1st to 2 2nds.

C- Further study is required.

Fair enough as to further study comment.
But again, to emphasize a point made you did not respond to, Zuc may command a mid 1st all on his own and not be available without Oil upgrading their end, if they go there.
I don't believe NY has to surrender Namest. + Zuc/+ to get to betw. 15ish-20OA.
Namest. + Spooner each get MIN. 2nd/2nd+.
I added 2 2nds.
That's like better than 4 2nds for 9OA

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Will attemp something that both party will hate!

RNH + 9OV

for

Gallagher, Danault + Leafs 2nd round
As a Habs fan i would be all over this. The Oiler fans would rightly so totally reject this offer. Man bad for the Oilers.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Fair enough as to further study comment.
But again, to emphasize a point made you did not respond to, Zuc may command a mid 1st all on his own and not be available without Oil upgrading their end, if they go there.
I don't believe NY has to surrender Namest. + Zuc/+ to get to betw. 15ish-20OA.
Namest. + Spooner each get MIN. 2nd/2nd+.
I added 2 2nds.
That's like better than 4 2nds for 9OA

Well yeah because 4 2nds for a top ten pick is one of the worst deals proposed. Other than that Nuge+9th for Gallagher+Danault+2nd debacle. Holy man that’s one of the worst trade offers I have ever seen in my life.

Teams aren’t moving 1sts for rentals anymore. If they do, they’re damn sure they will be LOW firsts. Mid firsts are reserved for bubble teams like, say, the Devils, and they wisely made minor moves instead.

Reactions: EDMOILERS9729

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Well yeah because 4 2nds for a top ten pick is one of the worst deals proposed. Other than that Nuge+9th for Gallagher+Danault+2nd debacle. Holy man that’s one of the worst trade offers I have ever seen in my life.

Teams aren’t moving 1sts for rentals anymore. If they do, they’re damn sure they will be LOW firsts. Mid firsts are reserved for bubble teams like, say, the Devils, and they wisely made minor moves instead.

You get what you pay/don't pay for.
Not sure I fully agree on the bold, but each situation is a bit different.

While Zuc may come back on the table, I don't see him to EDM
either to Cal for Fox + delayed 1st
or to FL straight up for a pick.

I get you want to drive the best deal possible, but barring any blockbuster offers, you should either use the pick and wait to benefit from a good selection, hopefully, or go volume and get help now. You need more pieces. Sure you need more quality difference makers, but you also need depth. Namest. + Spooner are 2 middle line Fs. They can't hurt but the question is price...

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

I get you want to drive the best deal possible, but barring any blockbuster offers, you should either use the pick and wait to benefit from a good selection, hopefully, or go volume and get help now. You need more pieces. Sure you need more quality difference makers, but you also need depth. Namest. + Spooner are 2 middle line Fs. They can't hurt but the question is price...

Using the pick is by far the most likely option. Picking the best of who’s left among Bouchard/Smith/Dobson/Bojqvist/Hughes and playing the long game is probably the best move. Chia is not the patient type, but I think it would take a pretty impressive offer coming back - not ‘middle sixers’ and 2nd rounders. Especially since he’s an idiot and thinks our wingers are adequate.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Using the pick is by far the most likely option. Picking the best of who’s left among Bouchard/Smith/Dobson/Bojqvist/Hughes and playing the long game is probably the best move. Chia is not the patient type, but I think it would take a pretty impressive offer coming back - not ‘middle sixers’ and 2nd rounders. Especially since he’s an idiot and thinks our wingers are adequate.

I agree!

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
So the Jets squire another first then trade Myers to move down 7 spots?

Hahahahaha

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008

Zuccarello if traded at deadline will get at 22 or higher and decent prospect. 1st round picks are king now.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
****ing awful. Oilers give up the two most valuable pieces. Wouldn't trade RNH alone for that package.

Yup. Even if you think Gallagher = RNH or 9th, even the worst homer on the planet wouldn’t think Danault and a low 2nd gets you RNH or 9th overall.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
The two worst proposals in this thread are from Habs fans...

I know that they don’t represent the fanbase as a whole, but come on guys. Players don’t automatically become more valuable because they’re Habs.

Pretty sure I heard "Mantha + 1st for MaxPac" at least a handful of times this year.

Reactions: EDMOILERS9729

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Pretty sure I heard "Mantha + 1st for MaxPac" at least a handful of times this year.

Because if there’s one thing bad teams ( like Detroit and Edmonton ) several pieces away from contending need, it’s wildly overpay for declining rental wingers!

‘Just re-sign him! Easy!’

... ugh. Cause that’s how unrestricted free agency works.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Zucc+late first? I want a dman in Bouchard/Dobson/Boqvist at 8th and then grabbing Farabee with the Oilers pick would be amazing. Gives Edmonton winger depth and a veteran with playoff experience... Zucc is also a player who gives maximum effort when he's on the ice and maybe he could lead by example. I'd be willing to add even more honestly(due to my unhealthy obsession with Farabee) but I think that's around fair.
Most I'd do for that pick would be something like
Vladdy+Zucc+either of the late firsts for that pick although a lot of Ranger fans would consider that an overpayment.
Mat Zuccarello is 30 years old and is going to be a UFA next summer. He would address the need for a top 6 forward, but the Oilers would be more interested in Namestnikov + late first.

I would decline Zucc+late first because of his age, and contract status.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Mat Zuccarello is 30 years old and is going to be a UFA next summer. He would address the need for a top 6 forward, but the Oilers would be more interested in Namestnikov + late first.

It would take a third piece. Namestnikov and a late first doesn’t pull a top ten pick IMO.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
It would take a third piece. Namestnikov and a late first doesn’t pull a top ten pick IMO.

I wonder if the Rangers would trade Namestnikov + Boston's first + 2nd pick. I don't think the Rangers are ideal partner for a trade since we would be getting quantity over quality. Their good wingers are all around the 29/30 years old, with a lot of them going to Free Agency in the next couple of seasons. Plus, they don't have any real impact defencemen the Oilers are looking for.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017

Said it before but I’m willing to do Zucc+Namestnikov+our latest 1st although I don’t think other Ranger fans will like that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad