Value of: 9th overall pick

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Oh.

That’s even worse.

ie: Philly has 2 1sts, 14th and 19th....trade them the 9th OA + your earliest 2nd maybe and then flip the 19th for Myers

not sure if Philly is on board or has the motivation to do this...could also be way off base, and I admit that too lol. Myers might not even be available tbh.

EDM: Myers, 14th OA (STLs pick owned by Philly) OUT: 9th OA, 40th OA
Philly: 9th OA (EDMs pick), 40th OA (EDM pick) OUT: 14th OA, 19th OA
WPG: 19th OA (Phillys pick) OUT: Myers

philly probably needs another piece

Last edited:

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
This is a poor draft for centres, and again pending UFA’s, especially ones coming off horrible seasons, have very limited value to a team like us that’s going to be in an absolute dogfight to make the playoffs.
The Habs have 4 2nd rd picks in the Draft. Would you consider 3 of them for that pick?

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
The Habs have 4 2nd rd picks in the Draft. Would you consider 3 of them for that pick?
Going 3x 2nd vs 9OV would be counter effective. It might be worth long term, because you can score homer runs! usally early 2nds are gamble projects who aren't close to make it, undersize guys with skills and Dman with upside but question mark, also Dman are harder to project, hence why alot of good one falls there! Reason why oilers would trade this pick would be to have help now! They would rather keep the 9OV if its for future only since he probably is more of a sureshot and closer to the NHL.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Going 3x 2nd vs 9OV would be counter effective. It might be worth long term, because you can score homer runs! usally early 2nds are gamble projects who aren't close to make it, undersize guys with skills and Dman with upside but question mark, also Dman are harder to project, hence why alot of good one falls there! Reason why oilers would trade this pick would be to have help now! They would rather keep the 9OV if its for future only since he probably is more of a sureshot and closer to the NHL.
Fair enough.Just curious.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

For a top ten pick? With our history with 2nd round picks ? All four is probably closer to the value needed to move from ‘not in the 1st’ to top ten.

Either way, No thank you.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Will attemp something that both party will hate!

RNH + 9OV

for

Gallagher, Danault + Leafs 2nd round

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I think Edmonton’s happy to pick there as well if the right deal doesn’t present itself. ChiaPet said in his season ending availability there was a cluster of defencemen the liked in that range.
I'd be surprised if it got traded. As much as I'd like to have it, so it's fun discussing this, I know that it's not a very likely scenario. Top ten picks don't get traded frequently. Especially in a draft with so many good defenseman.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Nyquist
AA
2018 1st(Las Vegas)
36th overall

I'd offer a defenseman in there, but that's insulting to Edmonton.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
ie: Philly has 2 1sts, 14th and 19th....trade them the 9th OA + your earliest 2nd maybe and then flip the 19th for Myers

not sure if Philly is on board or has the motivation to do this...could also be way off base, and I admit that too lol. Myers might not even be available tbh.

EDM: Myers, 14th OA (STLs pick owned by Philly) OUT: 9th OA, 40th OA
Philly: 9th OA (EDMs pick), 40th OA (EDM pick) OUT: 14th OA, 19th OA
WPG: 19th OA (Phillys pick) OUT: Myers

philly probably needs another piece

That might get you Giroux..

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Hypothetically - let’s say the lottery passes and Edmonton stays where they are, which is the 9th overall pick.

Taking team needs into account, what would you give up to move into the top 10 of this year’s draft?

Edmonton needs productive wingers with decent contracts - term is important so please refrain from offering guys with a year left on their deals as raises are going to be in short supply here - and a right handed defenceman that can run a powerplay.

I’d also consider moving down in the first round for extra picks.

Offers:

NYR - Zuccarello+Namestnikov+Tampa or Boston 1st - B+ grade
OTT - Cody Ceci. Failing grade, sent home with a stern letter to Eugene Melnyk.
MTL - A pick they don’t have yet in the 13-16 range and 35th overall. C grade - value is just ok.
DET - Athanasiou, Vegas 1st, pick 36. B+ grade. Disconnect on AA’s value but very fair.
WPG - A pick they don’t have yet, 16th or later, and Tyler Myers. C grade primarily due to Myers injury history and contract status.

Nothing is settled, but IMO you would have to top FL 2018 1st for Zuc straight up, which was discussed at the Ranger board.

Counter:
Namest. + Spooner + both 2018 2nds [NYR + NJD]
for
Oiler 2018 1st [anywhere 5 or better, you are protected 4 or less]

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Nothing is settled, but IMO you would have to top FL 2018 1st for Zuc straight up, which was discussed at the Ranger board.

Counter:
Namest. + Spooner + both 2018 2nds [NYR + NJD]
for
Oiler 2018 1st [anywhere 5 or better, you are protected 4 or less]

You took the best offer so far and downgraded Zuc to Spooner and a 1st to 2 2nds.

C- Further study is required.

Reactions: EDMOILERS9729

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad