Prospect Info: 7th IceHogs, Fuel, NCAA/Jr./Int'l Prospects thread - Offseason in Rockford

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeddyGoalsevelt

Duke of Earl
Jun 6, 2015
The Region
Any chance Forsling signs this year?

What about McNeill re-signing? Anyone think he can be a consistent 4C? I kinda like the Kruger-Hoss line. Throw Motte on it, and it could roll.

TeddyGoalsevelt

Duke of Earl
Jun 6, 2015
The Region
Me either. Just a shame to lose out on a pick like that. Could've traded him. I mean, we got Panik for Morin...

Which is the only reason I'm wondering this. You would think Stan would have done another swap if that was the case? Only thing I can think of is they try to get him on a cheap 1 year deal.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
really hope Q plays some of these young forwards rather than sign these cheap veteran guys to play in the bottom 6

Think Hartman is almost a lock. Motte will probably be given every opportunity to stick as a 3rd liner. Other than those two, don't see it. Wish Schmaltz would sign. Think he's slowing his path (slightly) to the League if he stays.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well now we have a good faceoff guy and pk guy in Johnson...He also has a good shot if he can get to a release point..however not sure if he has enough speed for the NHL..

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Don't follow NCAA hockey. Do you think Johnson has a shot of making the team this year or do you think he probably needs a year or two in the A?

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Don't follow NCAA hockey. Do you think Johnson has a shot of making the team this year or do you think he probably needs a year or two in the A?

personally I don't think he will EVER make the team to be honest. Not that big, not that fast, pretty good on draws, pretty good on the PK. thats it. gritty guy, bottom 6er for sure if he ever makes it.

as15

Sep 21, 2012
personally I don't think he will EVER make the team to be honest. Not that big, not that fast, pretty good on draws, pretty good on the PK. thats it. gritty guy, bottom 6er for sure if he ever makes it.

Yep, you nailed it. I've watched every game of his over the past three year's, and I will be extremely surprised if he ever is a consistent NHL player at any point. He will probably play a handful of games over the next three years in the NHL, but his lack of foot speed will keep him from playing in the NHL full time.

Similar style to Ryan Kesler, with below average speed even at the NCAA level.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008

Sounds like Kruger.

Mjul Qvist

Nov 28, 2009
thrilled. Get him working on his skating and he will be a good player

What´s wrong with his skating? I see him way better skater than Ville Pokka is which doesn´t say much. But Forsling uses edges really good what I´ve seen him and skating style reminds me of Hjalmarsson..

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
What´s wrong with his skating? I see him way better skater than Ville Pokka is which doesn´t say much. But Forsling uses edges really good what I´ve seen him and skating style reminds me of Hjalmarsson..

you are correct in that his pivots and edges are really good, but his straight line skating is very choppy and not fluid. does remind me of Hjalmarsson

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Motte is a good one, guys. It was nice watching him in Rockford for the one game I saw once he came up. Most noticeable guy on the ice. Obviously small sample size. Looking forward to watching him next year. Whether in Rockford or with the big guys

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Stanley's prospect pipeline at this point is filled with question marks and guys with no NHL future

Very little of Hawks farm is worth praising

How did the Hawks fall so hard and so fast to the bottom 3rd in talent in system? Oh wait Stanley traded it away , Gave it away or squandered it with poor drafting

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Stanley's prospect pipeline at this point is filled with question marks and guys with no NHL future

Very little of Hawks farm is worth praising

How did the Hawks fall so hard and so fast to the bottom 3rd in talent in system? Oh wait Stanley traded it away , Gave it away or squandered it with poor drafting

Please watch the prospects play before you comment.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Has Motte played an NHL game?
Has Forsling?

Under your standards you and other Stanley fans cant prop up these prospects because "They haven't played in NHL yet"

Stanley's track record at draft has been dismal outside of the 2012 draft but even then that draft is filled with high value misses and busts and Hawks will have nothing to show of it at end of this offseason

TT is underwhelming and outside of that no other Stanley draft pick has panned out

2010 was disaster , 2011 was disappointment , 2012 looks nothing special , 2013 is too early to call

Very little to defend with regard to Stanley

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Whatever, BWC. If you refuse to accept any sort of logic there is no reason to continue this.
Just keep living in your bubble of misery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad