Prospect Info: 7th IceHogs, Fuel, NCAA/Jr./Int'l Prospects thread - Offseason in Rockford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
I hope Motte, Schmaltz, and Pokka make the roster next year. Pokka's almost a given IMO, but who makes the forward core depends on who goes out. (I could see Hartman coming up full-time, too.)

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
I hope Motte, Schmaltz, and Pokka make the roster next year. Pokka's almost a given IMO, but who makes the forward core depends on who goes out. (I could see Hartman coming up full-time, too.)

Hartman for Shaw is just about a mortal lock. Same with Pokka. Absolutely no point to playing in the AHL next season. Schmaltz and Motte are really going to have to impress in preseason to stick.

NHL RankKing

Fantasy Guru
Aug 31, 2013
Hockeytown
www.nhlrankking.com
IceHogs will play the Lake Erie Monsters in the first round starting Wednesday night at 7pm.
They squeaked into third spot after a strong weekend which is probably a good thing considering Milwaukee has been on fire lately.

Anyone know if Leighton has been sent down and if he'll start in the playoffs. It would be nice to have that veteran presence.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Forsling is going to make team Sweden as Swedish poster have said he had been their first or second best Dman so far. I haven't been able to watch, but they've all been impressed.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Should we be concerned that Schmaltz hasn't signed yet?

lifelong Hawks fan, plenty of room for him to step in over next two years - has Kane, Toews, and Panarin to look at as teammates.

Not a chance in hell he doesn't sign here, and I mean that.

He likely goes back for his junior year with his buddy Brock Boeser not turning pro and a solid freshmen class coming in...kid wants to defend his championship, dominate college hockey, and gain more strength and experience before turning pro..I have no issues at all. He has said practically everywhere that the Hawks drafting him was a dream scenario, and it still is as this team will be good for years to come with openings to fill - hard combo for other teams to match.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
I don't see the point of Schmaltz staying in the NCAA for another year, but not concerned at all about him eventually signing with the Hawks

NHL RankKing

Fantasy Guru
Aug 31, 2013
Hockeytown
www.nhlrankking.com
The Icehogs are down 2-0 in their series with Lake Erie. From the box score it looks like they are getting completely outworked and are getting dismal goaltending from Carruth.
I'm surprised the Hawks haven't sent the veteran Leighton down after his great year with the Hogs.
I expected they'd make a bit of a run this year in the playoffs, but it looks like they may get knocked out in three straight. Unless they are following the Hawks motto and giving their opponent a head start before they start playing.

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
^ you can tell they were being outworked by reading the box score?

Icehogs were swept out of the playoffs last night. By reading the box score I can tell the other team scored more goals ;)

NHL RankKing

Fantasy Guru
Aug 31, 2013
Hockeytown
www.nhlrankking.com
^ you can tell they were being outworked by reading the box score?

Icehogs were swept out of the playoffs last night. By reading the box score I can tell the other team scored more goals ;)

I said "it looks"... that doesn't mean I can 'tell'.
But that is the beauty of stats. I can 'look' at Washington - Philly Game #5 and deduce the same logic... and I don't have a crystal ball.

In other news, I wonder how many IceHogs will get called up as Black Aces?
Hartman, Rasmussen, Pokka, Kero, McNeill, Hinostroza, Bickell, Motte

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Hogs really could have used Leighton and/or Sved.
Kinda sucks they were just scratched up here doing nothing when they could have been helping Rockford.

Motte is good.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Hogs really could have used Leighton and/or Sved.
Kinda sucks they were just scratched up here doing nothing when they could have been helping Rockford.

Motte is good.

Risk of having them get hurt or not be able to make the game is not worth it plus it removes their focus from the Hawks series. I know it sucks but the Hogs and what is best for them is an afterthought to the Hawks this time of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad