Prospect Info: 7th IceHogs, Fuel, NCAA/Jr./Int'l Prospects thread - Offseason in Rockford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
OT: Why is the name of this thread so weird? Shouldn't it be Prospects Thread VII/7 or something like that? (Sorry, just my ST type coming out haha.)

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Methinks you use the adjective "great" t describe the tournament Schmaltz is having as quite a bit excessive....Please reserve for Mathews or th 2 Finland greats up for the draft...they had "great" days today...Schmaltz was just another American in the horde they had again st a No Mas Swiss team that failed to show up today and had nothing in their tanka term exerting g their "A" effort against Canada yesterday and tge rested USA took advantage again st a bunch of MIA. ..so unless you got a 4 pointer like Mathews did...do not call Schmaltz's half that anything great...Of course had he not blown 2 break-away all in alone chances I would have allowed 7se 9f the term "great" but just like Hossa blows all his break-aways we saw our "great" prospect hope fail 9n them against sub-par Swiss goalies this day..Nope...I refuse to allow Schmaltz and great in the same sentence.

AS for Bondra scoring g..It would warm the cockles of Q's constant preaching of net front presence ...as it was a deflection while he stood in front of the crease ....hardly a thing of skill or beauty ..but he will.never be an NHL player unless he improves his skating..he is not fast or agile nor can handle the puck well. .he is huge and can screen at the net that us about it...but that ability alone will not be enough unless his skating g gets a lit better..

On the player I did like today who we drafted..except for 1 very bad brain-fart ill-advised pass out up tge middle from behind his own net while being fore-checked...I thought Jon Tuulola had a very good game otherwise...better size and speed than I had thought...broke up a lot of plays and rubbed guys out of the play and even had a break-away up the middle by joining g the rush..did not score but he was sold and perhaps some potential tial there..could be a pro I the NHL if he gets stronger as he fills out his frame and maybe some latent offensive ability if he joins tge attack more like today...

Forsling has a good shot from tge point and was solid defensively today..

So I am quite satisfied with our d-prospects playing at tge WJHC ...but as for Scmaltz ...getting us playing Centre ...not sure where that position fits with us for years because we have Toews and Anisimov as the 1C and 2 C...if centre is tge position best suited for Schmaltz to play pro ...then I think we need to trade him for a top 6 LW or RW (since Hossa will also need replacing on.line #1 at RW...Thus maybe we package Schmaltz and Dano and a first next year for the 2nd or 3rd pick after tge lotto to get either of the 2 Finland wingers ...that is if we have not done a deal for immediate help in the top 6 wingers at the trade deadline...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
As for our own first round this summer...if we have not traded our pick at the trade deadline in a deal for immediate help or as a package with other assets to.move up to get the 2nd or 3rd pick overall if we can package enough

Then if we do keep our pick I doubt the prospect I would take in the 15-30 range would still be on the board...I like Russian C GERMAN RUBTSOV who is not in this U-20 tournament at the WJHC but did star for Russia at the World Jr
A challenge ...But if he is gone off the board before we can grab him then maybe Sebastian Aho the C for Finland who is centering for Laine and Pullijarvi ...His play is impressing me abd he us good at face-offs..but he too could play wing like RUBTSOV and you still get a good player all over the ice in all 3 zones...Rubtso is a lot bigger and physical and takes it to the net plus hits...Aho has skill and is tenacious going after pucks and making plays for his wings..Like them both..
..A pick we could target for 2nd round steal might be big physical winger Korsshkov...older at 19 turning 20 ..he is big ...hits a ton..can skate and was overlooked in the prior drafts..but while I did not see a finisher's shot in his arsenal he did get 3 assists in a game I saw...so he looks useful because he can skate with size and is physical ...if they can do that and skate well then it is something we can use on the lower lines...Anyway he intrigues me..but I will try to get a 2nd look when I see team Russia play again at thus World U'20.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Methinks you use the adjective "great" t describe the tournament Schmaltz is having as quite a bit excessive....Please reserve for Mathews or th 2 Finland greats up for the draft...they had "great" days today...Schmaltz was just another American in the horde they had again st a No Mas Swiss team that failed to show up today and had nothing in their tanka term exerting g their "A" effort against Canada yesterday and tge rested USA took advantage again st a bunch of MIA. ..so unless you got a 4 pointer like Mathews did...do not call Schmaltz's half that anything great...Of course had he not blown 2 break-away all in alone chances I would have allowed 7se 9f the term "great" but just like Hossa blows all his break-aways we saw our "great" prospect hope fail 9n them against sub-par Swiss goalies this day..Nope...I refuse to allow Schmaltz and great in the same sentence.

AS for Bondra scoring g..It would warm the cockles of Q's constant preaching of net front presence ...as it was a deflection while he stood in front of the crease ....hardly a thing of skill or beauty ..but he will.never be an NHL player unless he improves his skating..he is not fast or agile nor can handle the puck well. .he is huge and can screen at the net that us about it...but that ability alone will not be enough unless his skating g gets a lit better..

On the player I did like today who we drafted..except for 1 very bad brain-fart ill-advised pass out up tge middle from behind his own net while being fore-checked...I thought Jon Tuulola had a very good game otherwise...better size and speed than I had thought...broke up a lot of plays and rubbed guys out of the play and even had a break-away up the middle by joining g the rush..did not score but he was sold and perhaps some potential tial there..could be a pro I the NHL if he gets stronger as he fills out his frame and maybe some latent offensive ability if he joins tge attack more like today...

Forsling has a good shot from tge point and was solid defensively today..

So I am quite satisfied with our d-prospects playing at tge WJHC ...but as for Scmaltz ...getting us playing Centre ...not sure where that position fits with us for years because we have Toews and Anisimov as the 1C and 2 C...if centre is tge position best suited for Schmaltz to play pro ...then I think we need to trade him for a top 6 LW or RW (since Hossa will also need replacing on.line #1 at RW...Thus maybe we package Schmaltz and Dano and a first next year for the 2nd or 3rd pick after tge lotto to get either of the 2 Finland wingers ...that is if we have not done a deal for immediate help in the top 6 wingers at the trade deadline...

Tuulola and Nick Mattson should play on the same pairing for the Indy Fuel, none are anything special. Nick Schmaltz has been one of the best forwards for team USA the whole tournament with his PK and strong fore check. I know you hate his game for some reason, but he is actually turning out to be pretty good. As for Bondra, I agree with you 100%

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Rockford finishes off the year with a win last night 5-2 against the Wolves. Nice games from a few prospects.

Hinostroza - 1 goal + 1 assist (he's been probably the hottest player on that team not named Morin the past few games)

Dano - 2 assists (+3)

Haggerty - 2 goals + 1 assist (finally healthy and back in the lineup.. got him in the Raanta deal. He's rarely talked about here, but Hawks brass is high on him. Love his goal scoring ability)

Pokka - 1 assist (+2)

Morin - 2 assists

Ross - 1 goal

And not a prospect, but Jake Dowell continues his career year as a pro in the AHL. He had a goal and 2 assists.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Oops...yes I see where Carolina already drafted Sebastian Aho the Finland centre last draft ...so they got a good one ...so I guess I will stick with German RUBTSOV as the prospect we should target except of course if we draft 30th again because he will be off the board probably 15-2 0 range though with a good World U-18 this spring he could move several spots from that into the late top tens...so depends.on whether we do not get to the Cup Final and whether we can deal to move up..I do not think any team gives up the 1 2 or 3 slots in a deal ...certainly not a deal with us because we can not make it attractive enough..I could see EDM if they luck out and win one of those top 3 spots trading their pick to move down if they get immediate defenseman upgrade and the opportunity to draft a good D-man in the top ten of the draft anyway..but we cannot make such a deal so we will not be able to move up that high ...but we might be able to move up to a pick in the teens with the right deal of some of our a sets and picks.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
When handing out the Player of the Game Awards after tge Swedes beat Canada ,Forsling stood together with Travis Konecny the POTG for Canada of the game..He looked much taller ...Konecny is supposed to be 5'10.5 ...if that 8s true then Forsling looks to be a real 2.5 inches taller..so a legit 6'1 ...so hardly that "small"...perhaps he grew a bit since his draft?

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
When handing out the Player of the Game Awards after tge Swedes beat Canada ,Forsling stood together with Travis Konecny the POTG for Canada of the game..He looked much taller ...Konecny is supposed to be 5'10.5 ...if that 8s true then Forsling looks to be a real 2.5 inches taller..so a legit 6'1 ...so hardly that "small"...perhaps he grew a bit since his draft?

I'm 6 foot and when I look at forsling he looks my height. No way konecny is anything but 5'9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad