Prospect Info: 7th IceHogs, Fuel, NCAA/Jr./Int'l Prospects thread - Offseason in Rockford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Has Motte played an NHL game?
Has Forsling?

Under your standards you and other Stanley fans cant prop up these prospects because "They haven't played in NHL yet"

Stanley's track record at draft has been dismal outside of the 2012 draft but even then that draft is filled with high value misses and busts and Hawks will have nothing to show of it at end of this offseason

TT is underwhelming and outside of that no other Stanley draft pick has panned out

2010 was disaster , 2011 was disappointment , 2012 looks nothing special , 2013 is too early to call

Very little to defend with regard to Stanley

This is where you lose all credibility. The "have they played in NHL" logic is faulty. Has Auston Matthews played in the NHL? How about Laine? Etc etc.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Has Motte played an NHL game?
Has Forsling?

Under your standards you and other Stanley fans cant prop up these prospects because "They haven't played in NHL yet"

Stanley's track record at draft has been dismal outside of the 2012 draft but even then that draft is filled with high value misses and busts and Hawks will have nothing to show of it at end of this offseason

TT is underwhelming and outside of that no other Stanley draft pick has panned out

2010 was disaster , 2011 was disappointment , 2012 looks nothing special , 2013 is too early to call

Very little to defend with regard to Stanley

Consistently picking 20 and below isn't easy man, there are no sure things there. It's the cost of winning, and it's a cost we're all willing to pay.

Sometimes you hit a moonshot homerun (Saad, Shaw), but you're being unreasonable if you expect that to happen consistently.

He lured Panarin, how many low first round picks is that alone worth?

He snagged TvR and Gus for absolutely nothing, that has to be worth something.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Consistently picking 20 and below isn't easy man, there are no sure things there. It's the cost of winning, and it's a cost we're all willing to pay.

Sometimes you hit a moonshot homerun (Saad, Shaw), but you're being unreasonable if you expect that to happen consistently.

Lets not forget that this is the same guy that wanted to be sellers at the 2015 trade deadline.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
It's been a rough 12 months for SB, there's no sugar-coating it.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
This is where you lose all credibility. The "have they played in NHL" logic is faulty. Has Auston Matthews played in the NHL? How about Laine? Etc etc.

McNeill is a bigtime bust at #18 ,, Danault at #26 was given away by Stanley so that says enough about how Stanley feels about him. Clendening is a disaster in NHL

All 3 high value picks (Two first rounders) who failed miserably and only Danault still has hope of working out

Add in the debacle that was 2010 and the piss poor 2012 overall (TT is average player and Hinostroza has very little NHL upside) the Hawks under Bowman have not drafted well

2012 draft is really looking worse with each passing year when you consider are 2nd and 3rd rounders have already washed out and only Hino is still prospect with rest of picks.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Convenient how you just left out Saad and Shaw. And Clendening was moved for an asset that looks quite promising. I'll give it to you that the rest of their drafts have been subpar. I think Stan has done enough with the NHL team to warrant looking past one rough trade re: sharp trade. Mark Kelley is the guy that is likely dictating who the Hawks take in the draft. Therefore, he should be the one on the hot seat.

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Does the man at top not take blame for his underlings?

It was after all Stanley who botched RFA deals for Barker/Versteeg/etc ,, Only for Dale to take blame for Stanley's mistake

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
McNeill is a bigtime bust at #18 ,, Danault at #26 was given away by Stanley so that says enough about how Stanley feels about him. Clendening is a disaster in NHL

All 3 high value picks (Two first rounders) who failed miserably and only Danault still has hope of working out

Add in the debacle that was 2010 and the piss poor 2012 overall (TT is average player and Hinostroza has very little NHL upside) the Hawks under Bowman have not drafted well

2012 draft is really looking worse with each passing year when you consider are 2nd and 3rd rounders have already washed out and only Hino is still prospect with rest of picks.

Hinostroza has solid 3rd line potential and TT while not having a great year still has top6 potential. You don't get a first liner with every pick.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Hinostroza has solid 3rd line potential and TT while not having a great year still has top6 potential. You don't get a first liner with every pick.

I don't watch Rockford, but in his call-ups I sure haven't seen anything out of Hinostroza indicating he's an nhl'er.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I thought he has looked like a potential NHLer for sure, and from the couple of periods I have watched at the Worlds, he looks pretty good there as well. I think he can be a third liner or career AHLer.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

It's been a rough 12 months for SB, there's no sugar-coating it.

Stan has been up and down like a yo-yo in his dealings. For every good move, it seems, he has made a bad one.

Like coach Q and the team's play in general, his performance has had some wild inconsistencies and it has hurt badly - inconsistencies throughout the org are the reason Hawks are outside looking in at the moment. And it still hurts to watch other teams vie for the SC this post season.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Watching the ohl championship series final between NIAGARA AND London....I think Stan should sign never drafted 21 yr old overage Stephen Harper ...had 71 pts in regular season and had 14 pts in 15gp in playoffs so far before tonight's game..Niagara leading this game tonight 4-2 after 1 period...Hawks draftee Graham Knott is playing C for Niagara not LW ...He is big ..had an assist on the first period. .Actually might not be so bad as many think.. It takes big guys longer to develop in a lot of cases..He at least is big and is physical ..if he can develop a bit more offensively the we might have a big C third line prospect here
.He looks good non faceoffs...I think he can develop at least into a big physical checking C but if he adds more offense like Stephen Harper has then we could have a decent big C third liner prospect here..But getting back to Harper...it takes some big guys longer to develop ...and as an Ober ager at 21 he now is what he can be ..I think we should sign him as a big LW prospect who has pretty good set ups for linemates and he scored a goal tonight on a nice shot ..so another free agent we could go after who just might compete for a job.I think he would help Toews. .he looked a lot like Saad on the goal he scored.

NOW 5-2 Niagara..London is a very talented team with several already high drafted players and several rated for round one this draft..but they look no match tonight against the veteran older Niagara stars like Harper and Ho-Sang and Perlini...Knott is a kid relatively in this heavy laden in older Niagara squad but give him a few more years and he too will probably dominate younger guys.

NOW 5-3 Niagara as draft eligle D-man Juolevi scores for London.. Younger talent is good too. BUT my point is is we have no first nor seconds and we draft mostly late anyway in other rounds we need to sign some late bloomer overage free agent Jr's to stockpile our system again.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Now I should state that London did win the first 2 games of the series at home but tonight's in game 3 in Niagara the Ice Dogs with their 3 overages and a bevy of 19 year Olds decided to answer the Belk and compete to their best ability tonight. AND so far they are well worth their 5-3 lead.after 2 periods. PERLINI did not pkay in the first 2 games of the series so his presence has helped Niagara with their confidence and putting tge proper lines together now..Still London though young has lots of talent so thus game is not over.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Now I should state that London did win the first 2 games of the series at home but tonight's in game 3 in Niagara the Ice Dogs with their 3 overages and a bevy of 19 year Olds decided to answer the Belk and compete to their best ability tonight. AND so far they are well worth their 5-3 lead.after 2 periods. PERLINI did not pkay in the first 2 games of the series so his presence has helped Niagara with their confidence and putting tge proper lines together now..Still London though young has lots of talent so thus game is not over.

4-1 game in favor of Niagara is now 5-5. Can never count London out of a game.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well now 5-5...London has dominated the 3rd period and scored 2 goals...so much talent on that loaded squad...but Knott just had 2 scoring chances...Unfortunately could not bury them. 6 minutes remain g 8n 3rd.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Niagara has turned it up again the last few shifts...Parson in tge Lindo net has saved the Knights on 4 grade A scoring g chances on him..

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Watching the ohl championship series final between NIAGARA AND London....I think Stan should sign never drafted 21 yr old overage Stephen Harper ...had 71 pts in regular season and had 14 pts in 15gp in playoffs so far before tonight's game..Niagara leading this game tonight 4-2 after 1 period...Hawks draftee Graham Knott is playing C for Niagara not LW ...He is big ..had an assist on the first period. .Actually might not be so bad as many think.. It takes big guys longer to develop in a lot of cases..He at least is big and is physical ..if he can develop a bit more offensively the we might have a big C third line prospect here
.He looks good non faceoffs...I think he can develop at least into a big physical checking C but if he adds more offense like Stephen Harper has then we could have a decent big C third liner prospect here..But getting back to Harper...it takes some big guys longer to develop ...and as an Ober ager at 21 he now is what he can be ..I think we should sign him as a big LW prospect who has pretty good set ups for linemates and he scored a goal tonight on a nice shot ..so another free agent we could go after who just might compete for a job.I think he would help Toews. .he looked a lot like Saad on the goal he scored.

NOW 5-2 Niagara..London is a very talented team with several already high drafted players and several rated for round one this draft..but they look no match tonight against the veteran older Niagara stars like Harper and Ho-Sang and Perlini...Knott is a kid relatively in this heavy laden in older Niagara squad but give him a few more years and he too will probably dominate younger guys.

NOW 5-3 Niagara as draft eligle D-man Juolevi scores for London.. Younger talent is good too. BUT my point is is we have no first nor seconds and we draft mostly late anyway in other rounds we need to sign some late bloomer overage free agent Jr's to stockpile our system again.

Regarding Harper, always be cautious about overagers putting up big points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad