Prospect Info: 7th IceHogs, Fuel, NCAA/Jr./Int'l Prospects thread - Offseason in Rockford

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I agree about last year's performance. Guy seemed like a dud.

Good to see he's proving me wrong now though.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Even I ...who had not been impressed with Scmaltz so many times...have to admit he was impressive this game showing both talent and compete/want and work on tge backboard k-check..1g and 2a and got POTG despite the brilliant Mathews getting g a Hatty. ...BUT ...still....where do we play Schmaltz if he is a better C than a RW? WE are not going to waste him as a 4C and I doubt he will be consistently defensive in work ethic to be a 3C or 4C anyway ...Maybe we can try to play him at RW as a Hossa replacement with Toews as the 1C...because surely they would not move Toews to RW just to fit in Scmaltz as 1C? AND SO if Stan could pull it off, if he could trade Schmaltz and a first and another asset for the 2nd or 3rd overall ...we could then land Laine as the 1 LW long term solution ..or Pullujarvi as the long term 1 RW solution as Hossa replacement. ..A team in the 2-3 pick slot would have to have a need for a C over a winger and we would have to add a first and 9ther assets or picks to.move up..Bit our need is scoring winger for the top line with Toews..so Stan should try to pull of such a deal if tge cards stack up..now Laine and Pullujarvi have pro size already and the talent offensivelly to play on a 1st or 2nd line already ...but they still need to work on their defensive side and that might mean a further year of e prince and development especially to earn tge trust of a coach like Q o a team contending g like tge Hawks..They are not yet as advanced defensively as say Mathews is ..which is why Mathews goes as tge 1st overall plus tge fact you always take a franchise C over a star winger ... BUT for the Hawks needs it is going to be a top line winger ...unless you believe Schmaltz can do that as well or better than either of tge 2 Finland star prospects we should explore a trade to get one of them but it cannot happen unless the team picking 2nd 9r 3rd has a greater need for a C over another winger...

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Just because Schmaltz is playing phenomenal at the moment, doesn't mean he'll net us a top 3 pick. Those types of players have just as good potential (maybe even better) and are younger. Adding a late first round pick wont help that much.

And it'll take another year or two before Schmaltz is ready for the NHL. We can start him on the third line and go from there.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
Gladly trade Schmaltz for Boesser.

FYI.. 58 games... 8 total goals in Schmaltzs collegiate career.

cnhf77

Dec 27, 2015
Dude has apparently hit upwards of 10 posts this year so I'm not sure how concerned I am about the low goal totals. He's got a good shot and if he's not properly using it that can be corrected

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Going to take more than Schmaltz, a first, and another asset to get the 2nd or 3rd pick in this draft. Shaping up to be a really strong top 5-7 once again, let the top three or four.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
so now that he puts up points and scores, he is backchecking and forechecking like a monster? He has been doing that all tournament and finally got rewarded for all his hard work. Never change 50.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Gladly trade Schmaltz for Boesser.

FYI.. 58 games... 8 total goals in Schmaltzs collegiate career.

And how many of Boeser's goals are a direct result of Schmaltz?

Schmaltz has a good shot. He just doesn't use it enough. Players can be taught to shoot more - you can't teach his hands, vision or playmaking ability.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Look who makes an appearance.

And stop it with your nonsense about players' abilities and all that fluff. Box scores only.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
And how many of Boeser's goals are a direct result of Schmaltz?

Schmaltz has a good shot. He just doesn't use it enough. Players can be taught to shoot more - you can't teach his hands, vision or playmaking ability.

he actually uses it more than 8 goals in all his college career states. His freshman year was OK. He should have atleast 5-8 more goals this year. He has had bum luck. Ive watchd every UND game this year.

BTW: I hope we can get his linemate Caggiula.. nasty hands did you see his goal tonight?

FytinSioux

Blackhawksssssss
Nov 30, 2009
ND
he actually uses it more than 8 goals in all his college career states. His freshman year was OK. He should have atleast 5-8 more goals this year. He has had bum luck. Ive watchd every UND game this year.

BTW: I hope we can get his linemate Caggiula.. nasty hands did you see his goal tonight?

https://twitter.com/undmhockey/status/683474481864523777

Yeah, ridiculous. I'd love to see the Hawks go after Caggiula and Troy Stecher. Caggiula has a somewhat small frame but plays big. Works hard in the tough areas, but has a ton of skill. Outstanding hands, great speed, and a great shot. Already obviously has chemistry with Schmaltz.

Stecher is the hardest working guy on the ice every night, but also has skill to go along with it. Reminds me of Keith in the corners in his own end, always comes out with the puck and is quick to move it up ice. He was challenged this year to chip in offensively and has done that. Absolutely no reason not to at least give these two guys a shot.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Some tidbits about last night's Rockford game.

Pokka had 3 assists and is currently 2nd on the team with 20 points. He's just 10 points behind last year's mark in 34 less games.

Hinostroza continues his hot pace the past few games with a goal. He has 7 points in his last 8 games.

McNeill back at his drafted position in this game. He centered Labrie and Hartman. Hinostroza centered Kero and Ross.

I believe Dano also was moved to center in this game.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
https://twitter.com/undmhockey/status/683474481864523777

Yeah, ridiculous. I'd love to see the Hawks go after Caggiula and Troy Stecher. Caggiula has a somewhat small frame but plays big. Works hard in the tough areas, but has a ton of skill. Outstanding hands, great speed, and a great shot. Already obviously has chemistry with Schmaltz.

Stecher is the hardest working guy on the ice every night, but also has skill to go along with it. Reminds me of Keith in the corners in his own end, always comes out with the puck and is quick to move it up ice. He was challenged this year to chip in offensively and has done that. Absolutely no reason not to at least give these two guys a shot.

Fighting Souix (I refuse to acknowledge the new name) players tend to fit how we play because Hakstol asked a lot of his player in both ends. Not as sure about the new coach.

30whales

Oct 18, 2011
Schmaltz's freshman year was a bit disappointing but he was also playing the year with a bummed wrist. He has been our best forward this year without a doubt in my mind. As a Flyers fan (was before Hak came too), I would gladly take him off your hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad