Prospect Info: 7th IceHogs, Fuel, NCAA/Jr./Int'l Prospects thread - Offseason in Rockford

Status
Not open for further replies.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
Clendening never had NHL feet or NHl shot ... but until Forsling does anything ... you can't say Chicago "fleeced" Vancouver. Right now .. neither has much to show for that deal. Chicago kicked the can b/c of waiver eligibility.

The one positive thing is they made a move before they HAD TO...ie Pirri, Hayes ... ie when the player had minimal value.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Clendening never had NHL feet or NHl shot ... but until Forsling does anything ... you can't say Chicago "fleeced" Vancouver. Right now .. neither has much to show for that deal. Chicago kicked the can b/c of waiver eligibility.

The one positive thing is they made a move before they HAD TO...ie Pirri, Hayes ... ie when the player had minimal value.

Forsling doesn't exactly have NHL feet either yet, but has way more IQ and ability to process the game. IMO.
Clendening never even made the U20 WJC. Let alone win player of the tournament on defense. Look at the list of players that have done that. All damn good players.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Forsling doesn't exactly have NHL feet either yet, but has way more IQ and ability to process the game. IMO.
Clendening never even made the U20 WJC. Let alone win player of the tournament on defense. Look at the list of players that have done that. All damn good players.

He did make the WJC in 2011 or 2012, forgot which. Had a pretty good tournament as I recall, as well. That said, either way that's not a be all end all. I was never overly high on him as an NHL d-man but thought he might be ok.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
He did make the WJC in 2011 or 2012, forgot which. Had a pretty good tournament as I recall, as well. That said, either way that's not a be all end all. I was never overly high on him as an NHL d-man but thought he might be ok.

thought he was only on the U18 squad.. looked it up, he was on the 12 team with saad and johns

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
List of U20 All Tournament Defenseman in the past 10 years.

2005: Dion Phaneuf, Ryan Suter
2006:Luc Bourdon Jack Johnson
2007:Kris Letang Erik Johnson
2008: Drew Doughty Victor Hedman
2009:Erik Karlsson P.K. Subban
2010:Alex Pietrangelo John Carlson
2011:Ryan Ellis Dmitri Orlov
2012:Brandon Gormley Oscar Klefbom
2013:Jacob Trouba Jake McCabe
2014:Rasmus Ristolainen Nikita Zadorov
2015:Gustav Forsling Josh Morrissey

Not half bad haha.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
List of U20 All Tournament Defenseman in the past 10 years.

2005: Dion Phaneuf, Ryan Suter
2006:Luc Bourdon Jack Johnson
2007:Kris Letang Erik Johnson
2008: Drew Doughty Victor Hedman
2009:Erik Karlsson P.K. Subban
2010:Alex Pietrangelo John Carlson
2011:Ryan Ellis Dmitri Orlov
2012:Brandon Gormley Oscar Klefbom
2013:Jacob Trouba Jake McCabe
2014:Rasmus Ristolainen Nikita Zadorov
2015:Gustav Forsling Josh Morrissey

Not half bad haha.

What a list. I knew it was impressive, but that's better than I thought.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
What's a realistic timeline for Forsling to play as a hawk? I mean he could flame out and never play but if he developes at a good pace when could he be up?

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
What's a realistic timeline for Forsling to play as a hawk? I mean he could flame out and never play but if he developes at a good pace when could he be up?

2018-19 maybe longer if Stan stays strong and develops D the way they should be (aka how Pokka is being developed)

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Embarrassing tournament from Canada. You won't win in this tournament getting 9+ penalties a game. Goaltending was crap, defense was crap, and the offense couldn't sustain pressure very much outside of the Denmark game. Virtanen is also a terrible hockey player, how is he in the NHL right now?

That said, Finland is a treasure to watch, Laine, and Puljuarvi(sp?) were incredible. Although, not so sure Laine should have been in the game when he scored the winner. If that was a Canadian laying out a FIN with that (hit on Strome), we would have got a 5 min major.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Embarrassing tournament from Canada. You won't win in this tournament getting 9+ penalties a game. Goaltending was crap, defense was crap, and the offense couldn't sustain pressure very much outside of the Denmark game. Virtanen is also a terrible hockey player, how is he in the NHL right now?

That said, Finland is a treasure to watch, Laine, and Puljuarvi(sp?) were incredible. Although, not so sure Laine should have been in the game when he scored the winner. If that was a Canadian laying out a FIN with that (hit on Strome), we would have got a 5 min major.

And Marner should have been suspended for that headshot against Sweden. You can't have it both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad