GDT: #7| New York Islanders @ New York Rangers | October 19th | 7:00 PM| F/W-SO 4-3

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
This again was not one of Doug Weight’s better coaching jobs. The lineups he’s dressing are not putting this team in position to succeed.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
This game was a nightmare lol the 2 points are nice tho

I hope JT finds his game again.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
This again was not one of Doug Weight’s better coaching jobs. The lineups he’s dressing are not putting this team in position to succeed.

Is it so hard to go with the conventional line of thinking instead of always trying to outsmart the rest of the league? These clowns have been doing the same crap as Flintstone did.

IslandersGER

Dec 29, 2015
Deutschland
get rid of Chimera, Tito back - and please reunite Bailey-JT-Lee, we cannot wait until December to see the chemistry of Tavares-Eberle combo. Ladd should be in the press box, he needs a wake up call.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
One of the worst jobs of coaching I have seen not attached to Capuano. Between that, our inability to protect a lead, and the 1st line looking like zombies you have to wonder what is going on with this club. Tavares looks awful right now, like he doesn't want to be here next year awful.

Barzal looked good and Pulock wasn't bad so that is something positive.

And we have Garth Snow as GM to lead the way for the next 100 years thanks to Wang. This is fine.

Cavonnier

Apr 23, 2013
Maine
I agree. Something is up with him.

Stan Fischler is sort of a dotard, but I wouldn't have expected Tavares to talk to him that way. It's unnerving, given the contract situation. An unhappy Tavares is not good for this franchise.

Reactions: beach

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
Remember when Tavares did the "Yes Yes Yes" chant after that OT win in NJ a few seasons ago? I miss the old JT, it's sad what it might come to. :(

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Felt like the game had a bunch of different shifts in it.

Early on Lee was the dominant force in the game. The middle was Barzal controlling most of the play. Followed up by an abysmal third period from what looked like a tired forward group and a napping Halak. Thought Bailey was really good defensively tonight, Pulock made a great play to save a goal on one of the few even strength shifts he had, Mayfield and Pelech were both solid (sans bonehead plays). I still hate the 1-1-3 neutral zone system. Take the two points and run.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Holy hell... the ice at MSG sucks. Maybe the Rangers should play at Barclays when/if the Isles go to Belmont.

Seemed that every time Josh Ho-Sang went up the ice into the Rangers zone... Rangers went back the other way with speed and for great chances.

Isles right now are a very raw and an unfinished product. They have had a lot of turnover in players the past two years.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
happy with the 2 points even if we almost blew it, even up 3-1 going into the 3rd I would have taken 1 point as I was expecting the Rangers to turn it on

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad