Prospect Info: 6th IceHogs, Fuel, & NCAA/Junior/Int'l Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Thanks for the highlight reel.

Looking at the highlights and career shooting %, it doesn't look like Dano will be a sniper of any significance. :(

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Thanks for the highlight reel.

Looking at the highlights and career shooting %, it doesn't look like Dano will be a sniper of any significance. :(

What? Dano hits the post and makes a good move/shoots 5 hole then you think he won't be a sniper. Talking about jumping to conclusions way too early.

Side note: Morin looked solid and Goose was active.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
What? Dano hits the post and makes a good move/shoots 5 hole then you think he won't be a sniper. Talking about jumping to conclusions way too early.

Side note: Morin looked solid and Goose was active.

Just doesn't find the back of the net.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Schmaltz sophmore year at UND (so far) 20games : 1.3 PPG
Toews sophmore year at UND 34 games : 1.35 PPG

I like the way he's pacing :popcorn:

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Looks like Hartman is gonna be joining Dano in the suspension line according to Dent. Had a stupid check to the head penalty.

Hinostroza has been really good the past couple of games. Night and day. He and Morin have been the best players on the ice the past few games. Mo has a 5 game point streak in fact.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I liked the schmaltz pick when we took it, because I thought he had one of the higher ceilings in the draft and had faith in UND to make him work. His freshman year was ok, but he has really taken off this year. Boeser also pretty much finishes everything that is sent his way so that doesn't hurt. Schmaltz actually said in an interview that watching Max Domi at the WJC was one of the things that helped him work on not taking a shift off.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
UND does a great job of building fundamentals. Some of their players fizzles out because the drive is not there (Frattin should be better than he has shown).

Q spoke about Morin the other day in a positive manner and I was surprised. Q said consistency is the only thing holding him back. Maybe he will get a shot soon.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Olofsson and Forsling in action with Sweden against Canada right now. 1-1 after one period.

Last edited:

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Was watching a post-game interview with Hartman (Icehogs upload them all to their Youtube if you guys are interested)
Apparently, he leads the league in minor penalties lol

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Was watching a post-game interview with Hartman (Icehogs upload them all to their Youtube if you guys are interested)
Apparently, he leads the league in minor penalties lol

I like the edge, but he needs to reel that in a little bit. There's being edgy and there's being stupid and costing your team too many shorthanded situations.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Olofsson did not make the final cut for Team Sweden ...so omly Forsling to cheer for there. From what I saw of the final pre-tournament game ,Olofsson was used only a few minutes after period one and was limited to 4th line role and some pk ....if he was going to make the team it appears he would only be a limited role player anyway...Obviously they were giving higher drafted picks,returning vets and potential first rounders for this 2016 draft the more featured roles..

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Olofsson did not make the final cut for Team Sweden ...so omly Forsling to cheer for there. From what I saw of the final pre-tournament game ,Olofsson was used only a few minutes after period one and was limited to 4th line role and some pk ....if he was going to make the team it appears he would only be a limited role player anyway...Obviously they were giving higher drafted picks,returning vets and potential first rounders for this 2016 draft the more featured roles..

Disappointing but not a huge surprise. Like you said, his minutes and role were limited and that's a team loaded with high end talent.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I don't see a single Canadian line this US fourth line matches up against. :help:

Still don't like some of the roster decisions and talent left off the US roster.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
US beats Canada 4-2. Great game by Alex Nedeljkovic in goal and all around strong team game.

Schmaltz with a nice game, as well. Held off the score sheet but made some nice plays and had a nice game defensively. Strong on the forecheck and caused a couple of turnovers. Good start for the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad