Prospect Info: 6th IceHogs, Fuel, & NCAA/Junior/Int'l Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I tend to believe that an NHL talent will find a way to get his even on a bad team. Louis is very highly skilled but his size disqualifies him from being a bottom 6 player. To be a viable top 6 player in the NHL he should be producing more in college but that's just me.

While I agree, circumstances such as systems, coaching , etc have a major impact on the college level more so than other levels.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Can anyone tell me why Corey Tropp is playing for the Albany Devils and not RFD? He is Hawks property and he is one of their leading scorers. All while picking up checks (600k!) from the Hawks.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I heard the Hawks don't want too many vets on their team, and would rather develop their young guys in RFD and vets would limit that. Can't remember who posted that article though.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
I heard the Hawks don't want too many vets on their team, and would rather develop their young guys in RFD and vets would limit that. Can't remember who posted that article though.
It appears both Bowman and Q love old vets ready for retirement and Bowman will trade any futures to get those retirement candidates.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Watched Michigan and Tyler Motte in both games against Minnesota...nice speedy player with edge and also does pk...having g a great year...but he us on their top line with Compher and Connor....however I do not think Motte will be a top six guy in the nhl...they will probably turn him into a pk guy and third liner who could move up to atop six if there is an injury there..speaking of tge freshman Kyle Connor the WPG first rounder...man did they ever get a future star with that pick! Saw him score 5 goals and an assist fir the 2 game set and he just has the ability to get free if checks into positions to snipe goals ..I wish we had a goal scorer of that ability at that young age in our system..our highest ranked prospect is Schmaltz who is a terrific disher, but a lousy goal scorer. Anyway, the leaving Connor off Team USA Jr's. could be a huge mistake if they fail to score enough at the WJHC to win Gold
..WPG has a gem in plucking Connor at #17 in the draft ...he will be a big star in the NHL..

Last edited:

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Any Forsling updates?

I think Hartman going down and getting QT is the best thing for him. Loving his game right now.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I went to the IceHogs game last night, they blew out Milwaukee 6-2. Hinostroza, Pierre-Cedric Labrie, Kero, and Hartman before the injury all looked great. Gustafsson had a dumb 10 minute misconduct penalty for shooting the puck away from the ref, looked solid otherwise. McNeil played center, and was decent at faceoffs, he also converted a nice SH goal. Dano played with energy and singlehandedly created a great scoring chance, but didn't seem any more effective than Hartman overall.
Pokka looks like an excellent skater, he can get involved offensively and still get back to defend before the other team gets in the zone. He did that a few times.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
I really liked Pokka's game from what I saw in RFD too. He really knows how to activate and join the rush but he can actually play defense too. In the game I saw he made 2-3 good defensive plays on odd man breaks. He's going to be a regular with the Hawks next season.

Really excited to see some of our guys in World Juniors this year. I freakin love World Juniors. Best hockey there is IMO. I'd watch World Juniors over any non Hawks game. I'm pretty much glued to my TV when that tournament starts.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I really liked Pokka's game from what I saw in RFD too. He really knows how to activate and join the rush but he can actually play defense too. In the game I saw he made 2-3 good defensive plays on odd man breaks. He's going to be a regular with the Hawks next season.

Really excited to see some of our guys in World Juniors this year. I freakin love World Juniors. Best hockey there is IMO. I'd watch World Juniors over any non Hawks game. I'm pretty much glued to my TV when that tournament starts.

I started really watching and paying attention to the WJC in the early 2000's. Most of my college teammates were Canadian and obviously the WJC is like the Super Bowl up there. They really are the reason I started paying attention and I've followed it and subsequent prospects ever since, especially since 2004. I had a friend playing for Team USA and then them winning it added an element of intrigue and I've been a huge fan of the tournament ever since.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Yeah i've been a huge fan of WJC for awhile. I'd honestly rather watch a a lower end World Junior game than a big time NHL Eastern Conference divisional matchup. The speed of WJC is just awesome.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I am watching the World Jr. A Hockey Challenge Gd Medal Game between Canada Wes and RussiaI as Ipost this the score is 0-O ..but unlike the snooze fest at 1/4 speed and tge disinterest in I tense play and effort the Hawks showed again st Buffalo today..this is a very exciting go score game so far...great effort by both teams...very intense ...greatest goaltending ...good attacking and defending ..but just as I type this in the 2nd minute of the 3rd Canada West just scored on a gift turnover by a Russian d-.man as he took the puck around the net but passed it back out the way he came right to a Canada West player for an open net as Mikhail Berdin terrific Russian goalie d8d what he was supposed to that is go to his right as he thought his D-man would take the puck around the net and out since there was not even a checker on him..but the pass back out in the direction he started to come around tge net..well you cannot blame any goalie for experience ting that dumb play...That was the first goal against Berdin in the tournament and it was not his fault at all. HE has been terrific in this game and the Canada West goalie Mathew Murray has been sensational with stops for his team.. The most impressive player to me in this game apart from the 2 goalies in the big Russian Center GERMAN RUBTSOV ...terrific 2-way centre..so good in getting g to loose pucks ...strong on board play ...takes it to the net ..good skater ...in right positions..intense competitor..physical ..get odd in all zones and situations..good at face-offs.. Good at transition and possession..This kid can probably play right away at an NHL level on third line after getting drafted this summer..And could move to first or 2nd line C if either of them got injured ..He has not scored in this game so far but has generated about 4-5 grade A scoring g chances at least either for himself taking it to tge net or setting up team-mate in close for shot chances..Very very impressed with this kid ..Grade A compete level,size,talent..really like him.. Like the Russian goie Berdin too..Excellent technical goalie who tracks tge puck and gives no holes.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Canada West just scored with 3 minutes to go...now leads 2-0 ..Goal came from a traffic scrum at the net..Greasey goal...

Now Russia just scored...beautiful set-up pass by RUBTSOV ...30 seconds left ...Canada West holds on to win the Gold!

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
This was a terrific Gold Medal Game ..both teams gave 100%..bery exciting g game despite the low 2-1 score...much better hockey and entertainment than that snooze fest we saw this afternoon in Buffalo where our Hawks hardly deserved to win..In fact both tge Blackhawks and Sabres ought to be ashamed their putrid intensity could be called a hockey game..It was garbage compete level compared to this fantastic game I just saw at the World Junior A Hockey Challenge Gold Medal Game..Sometimes NHL fans just get gypped watching another ho hum game in the regular season grind

But still the pros should watch the game I refer to to understand what Compete really means ..Rather than tale their big fat paychecks for granted..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad