Prospect Info: 6th IceHogs, Fuel, & NCAA/Junior/Int'l Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
That IceHogs- so hot right now, so hot

2A for TVR and a +3. Another shutout. I'm fairly sure the IceHogs are the best defensive team in GA/G in the AHL. Broadhurst, who was Garrett Ross last year but just got back from season long injury, scored his 1st G of the season.

Johns Assist, McNeill Assist. They are just playing beautiful hockey. The Abbott trade has put them over the top and they still have Hino on the way.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I must admit that I left TVR for dead on his comeback this season when I saw his first 2 games back.

It's been night and day. He's good at hockey and I want him back in the fold or at least tried out asap.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
This is wonderful to hear, Taze em. Wonder how Paliotta's lineup insertion affects TVR's chances of being worked back in though?

And that Twitter relationship between the IceHogs and Adirondack Flames is so weird. :laugh: Glad they're done for the year.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Sorry for not being specific to any one prospect, but the Fuel are looking strong (up 3-1 with 6 minutes left in the 2nd period) tonight against South Carolina, who haven't lost in their last 23 games. Garrett Bembridge just scored as I typed this to give them the two goal lead. Carruth is in net for the Fuel. I tuned in late but apparently, Bembridge assisted on the first goal as well.

Woohoo! 3-2 win by the home team. 34 saves for Mac Carruth.

Last edited:

Nothingman*

Omaha definitely has the easier path to the finals. The UND/BU game will be epic.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Going to give Olofsson some props here. Almost no one talks about him but hes having a very decent year. Liking his stat line. Solid size and a LW.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
I must admit that I left TVR for dead on his comeback this season when I saw his first 2 games back.

It's been night and day. He's good at hockey and I want him back in the fold or at least tried out asap.

If TVR is playing anywhere near as good as he was before he got hurt, he needs to be playing come playoff time.

TVR is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Roszival or anyone else for the 6th spot. If Q or Stan play Rosy instead of TVR then I'll be convinced we have a completely inept coaching/GM tandem. I'd expect any Hawks fan that watches most of the games to be able to figure out this move. It doesn't get any easier than that.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Is McNeill injured? He isn't in the ice hogs game tonight. I was hoping he was called up finally, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Haven't heard anything about McNeill being injured. May just be a personal day.

If he is injured, I'd imagine it's day-to-day.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Nilsson who came over in the Leddy trade has 5 shutouts in his last 9 playoff games in the KHL. Donno if he will come back over or how long the Hawks have his rights but... wow. 7 GA in 9 playoff games.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Nilsson who came over in the Leddy trade has 5 shutouts in his last 9 playoff games in the KHL. Donno if he will come back over or how long the Hawks have his rights but... wow. 7 GA in 9 playoff games.

I think I've read before that he won't come over unless he has an NHL spot waiting for him.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

Islander fans say he sucks, fwiw.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I remember when we got him Islanders posters said not to write him off because they thought the NYI brought him over too early.

"A huge goaltender that is technically skilled. Nilsson has good hockey smarts plays with calmness and has good mental strength. Challenges the shooters and has been very consistent during his career, rarely having bad games. Furthermore, he is athletic and quite agile."

Maybe Stan knew what he was doing with the trade. Pokka seems really good and if Nilsson turns out maybe we could even win this trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad