Prospect Info: 68th Overall - Samu Salminen

oxman44

Dec 1, 2015
Hunterdon
nice value at 68. solid pick. kids got a good shot and is smart. but we need to start getting some RD here......

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Love the pick, but nah. Either he improves his skating / rigidness and develops into a top 6 guy (C/W), or he doesn't make it in the NHL.

Actually, Salminen excels in the face-off circle. He's also good two ways. His biggest areas of improvement will be skating and conditioning. Salminen seems to start shifts as an average skater and end them as a below-average one, he seems to tire quickly. I feel if these areas are improved, I can see him having a future on an NHL 3rd line. I don't see him on a top 6 necessarily because he's not really a dual threat -- he's much more of a shooter than a passer. A top 6 C needs to be able to be a top-notch playmaker.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Actually, Salminen excels in the face-off circle. He's also good two ways. His biggest areas of improvement will be skating and conditioning. Salminen seems to start shifts as an average skater and end them as a below-average one, he seems to tire quickly. I feel if these areas are improved, I can see him having a future on an NHL 3rd line. I don't see him on a top 6 necessarily because he's not really a dual threat -- he's much more of a shooter than a passer. A top 6 C needs to be able to be a top-notch playmaker.

Sounds like if he improves his conditioning he could be a good PK player.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Hockey News write up ends with the following sentence: "He's a terrific athlete with good size who prides himself on being in great shape."
Perfect. Let him room with Zacha.
Keep him away from Phil Kessel !!
(hopefully we never have Phil in our organization and or is out of the league by the time Samu gets here)

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
If I had to find a place for a player with skating issues it would almost certainly be an NCAA team. I am interested to see what he looks like after 2 years with Denver.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guttersniped

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad