53 Shayne Gostisbehere | 8 Robert Hagg
23 Brandon Manning | 3 Radko Gudas

Goalies
30 Michal Neuvirth (expected starter) | 37 Brian Elliott

FLYERS' INJURIES and SCRATCHES
15 Jori Lehterä could be a healthy scratch
6 Travis Sanheim could be a healthy scratch

FLYERS' POWER PLAY UNITS
1. Wayne Simmonds - Claude Giroux - Jake Voracek - Valtteri Filppula - Shayne Gostisbehere
2. Travis Konecny - Nolan Patrick - Sean Couturier - Ivan Provorov - Jordan Weal

FLORIDA PANTHERS
th

PANTHERS' POSSIBLE LINEUP
Lines

11 Jonathan Huberdeau - 16 Aleksander Barkov - 71 Radim Vrbata
27 Nick Bjugstad- 21 Vincent Trocheck - 63 Evgeny Dadonov
88 Jamie McGinn - 90 Jared McCann - 74 Owen Tippett
18 Michael Haley - 17 Derek MacKenzie - 7 Colton Sceviour

Pairings
3 Keith Yandle - 5 Aaron Ekblad
19 Michael Matheson - 13 Mark Pysyk
12 Ian McCoshen - 6 Alex Petrovic

Goalies
1 Roberto Luongo (expected starter) - 34 James Reimer

PANTHERS' INJURIES and SCRATCHES

62 Dennis Malgin (could be a healthy scratch)
23 Connor Brickley (could be a healthy scratch)
52 MacKenzie Weegar (could be a healthy scratch)

PANTHERS' POWER PLAY UNITS

1: Jonathan Huberdeau, Aleksander Barkov, Evgeny Dadonov, Vincent Trocheck, Keith Yandle
2: Jamie McGinn, Jared McCann, Nick Bjugstad, Radim Vrbata, Aaron Ekblad

FUTURE SCHEDULE
Date
Game
Time (ET)
Television
Thursday, October 19
Nashville at Philadelphia
7:00 pm
NBCSP, FS-TN
Saturday, October 21
Edmonton at Philadelphia
1:00 pm
NBCSP, SNW
Tuesday, October 24
Anaheim at Philadelphia
7:00 pm
NBCSP, PRIME
Thursday, October 26​
Philadelphia at Ottawa​
7:30 pm​
RDS2, TSN5, NBCSP​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

OPPOSITION'S MEDIA CONTACTS
Steve Goldstein -- Fox Sports Florida -- https://twitter.com/goldieonice
South Florida Sun Sentinel -- http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/florida-panthers/

GAME DAY THREAD MUSIC
"One Thing Leads to Another" by The Fixx

Last edited:

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Same lineup as against the Caps? I think Sanheim is back in for Manning, but it also wouldn't surprise me if he gives Gudas a night off. Not saying I agree with it, but Hak can be unpredictable with his scratches(now that's an understatement....lol).

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I can see Gudas getting a night off to clear his head except that would pair Manning and Sanheim, or Manning and Ghost and Sanheim and Hagg. Nah, Manning back to the press box.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Manning was awful last night and should defintely sit for this one. Hes a fake tough guy and had no business being in the game. We all know hes going to play against Edm next weekend so at least give Travis the games this week.

Id go with Elliott in this one and Neuvirth vs Nashville.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Manning was awful last night and should defintely sit for this one. Hes a fake tough guy and had no business being in the game. We all know hes going to play against Edm next weekend so at least give Travis the games this week.

Id go with Elliott in this one and Neuvirth vs Nashville.

Manning made a bad play on the second Caps goal. Other than that, I wouldn’t say he was awful. He played like a number 6 D-man and chipped in an assist. Sanheim will probably be back in for him on Tuesday.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Sanheim better be back in on Tuesday (which means he wont be).

It is no accident that the Flyers have won both games with Man Dog in. Yes, he will make the odd mistake and rightly deserves blame when he does, but what he always provides is hard work and positive energy. And he is so good at the little things. He knows how to get the boys going, and as talented as Sanheim is, you can feel the lack of confidence from his teammates and coaches. If Man Dog sits, I will understand, but I hope Hak does the right thing and gives him another game. Hard to change the roster after an 8-2 win.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
I think everyone on the board should like MSE's GDT posts. Let's see if we can get him. near the top of the likes board.

Well, near the top aside from Carolina fans scamming the system.

Thank you Beefy and for those who "like" but it is done now as in the past to engage in conversation; not for any rewards. The acknowledgements are shown through mutual respect between members and me or at least as I see it. However, up those votes! :nod: (I used a smilie).

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Hmmmm...it may have been sarcasm, but what Magua says actually does make some sense. I honestly think that is exactly how his coaches and teammates feel about him. All of the bashing he receives here could be having the opposite effect with the team. You want to see the heart and soul, give everything you have type of players succeed.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Hmmmm...it may have been sarcasm, but what Magua says actually does make some sense. I honestly think that is exactly how his coaches and teammates feel about him. All of the bashing he receives here could be having the opposite effect with the team. You want to see the heart and soul, give everything you have type of players succeed.

giphy.gif

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Really love our 4 line team against teams like this. Their first line is good and their second isn't bad but we have a large advantage after that. All about the mismatches!

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
The 3 worst players on the ice were MacDonald, Manning, and Weise. This is indisputable.

Sanheim better be back in on Tuesday (which means he wont be).
Thats what i saw also but not in that order. Manning might have been a bit rusty and he is just fine for a 7th D but he was the weakest link. I think the team has really upgraded the personnel this year when Weise who is a bona fide NHLer was the worst forward on the ice (patrick was 2nd worst imo). MacD would be my third followed by Gudas.

That being said i was really impressed by Hagg and absolutely see why he is out there instead of Morin and Sanheim. Very physical and strong against some big guys, simple smart plays. Not sure they showed his tussle with Wilson behind the play but he dropped him then kind of hit him again and Wilson was crying to the refs. Laughton was flying all night and was excellent same with the first line they were really dominating Kunetzov. Like to balance the negative discussion after an awesome win.

Reactions: hatcher

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
And to further increase the blood pressure of 95% of the posters here, it appears Manning might be in the lineup again tomorrow night based on who left the ice today at the end of practice. Now, this is according to Sammy, so take it for what it's worth.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
And to further increase the blood pressure of 95% of the posters here, it appears Manning might be in the lineup again tomorrow night based on who left the ice today at the end of practice. Now, this is according to Sammy, so take it for what it's worth.

I don't think Little Sam understands the job he is being paid to do lol. In fact, I'm sure of it. What is he even talking about.

Reactions: boxcar65

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
As I predicted, Manning has botched and bumbled his way into another game.

We will once again be spotting a team 2 goals, guaranteed.

No point in even get worked up anymore. Im just gonna keep track of every time he plays when he shouldnt and each goal he cost us. So far its 2 games, 2 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad