“They’ll blow it in the playoffs. “ Edmonton Oilers 2 vs LA Kings 3. Part Twa!!!!

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
It sucks too because I feel like Lizotte is super effective in the regular season. Playoffs I watch him and think why are they playing him?
I think because the regular season is his play-offs. He has to play all out to stay in the league so when the play-offs come he doesn’t have that extra gear because he’s used that emotion in the regular season. I hope that makes sense..

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Lizotte's been absolute trash since he came back from injury. Only thing he's been okay at is on the pk. And the pk sucks against the oil so he's useless.

There will be the opportunity not the extend him a QO this offseason. Might be best to let him walk and use that roughly $1.7 million elsewhere and/or let Turcotte assume a full time roll.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I was big on board with Rittich for Game 3 saying that Game 2 was Talbot's last game ina Kings uni before the game but even with how he played he got the W and some big saves...I don't think any coach would have the balls to make the swap and I can't fault him for that.

But short leash, again.

I think because the regular season is his play-offs. He has to play all out to stay in the league so when the play-offs come he doesn’t have that extra gear because he’s used that emotion in the regular season. I hope that makes sense..

No I get it, everyone else matches his intensity which is his key attribute. I don't think he's 'burned out,' I just think he blends in.

kingbrath

Jul 15, 2002
Calgary, AB
Visit site
Yes, but if it backfires, how do you justify?
As much as Talbot did make some amazing stops in Game 2, he did let in soft goals. Im not sure any goalie would be that surprised to be getting the bump after giving up 11 goals in 2 games...

But yes, I doubt we will see a change as well. Personally Id like to see Rittich. Think this may be a rough one for Talbot tonight. Hope I am wrong.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Even clearly nursing an injury, Lizotte has been more than serviceable as a 4th line center.

He is quite literally one of only a few players on the roster pulling his weight.

I will never understand the complaining about a solid 4th line center who can PK like a mother f***er.

Reactions: Johnny Utah

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Even clearly nursing an injury, Lizotte has been more than serviceable as a 4th line center.

He is quite literally one of only a few players on the roster pulling his weight.

I will never understand the complaining about a solid 4th line center who can PK like a mother f***er.

Given his playing style results in him being beat up late in the season and the playoffs, he is no longer worth what we are paying him.

The same with Grundstrom, they need to be lowballed and allowed to go elsewhere if someone offers more.

We have Turcootie and Akil he will get snatched on waivers next season if we try to send them down.

Totally Respect Lizotte and what he brings , the truth in never fair.

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
Have they given up a shorthanded goal yet? Seems like that should be the cherry on top for game 5.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Have they given up a shorthanded goal yet? Seems like that should be the cherry on top for game 5.

Kings with a chance to go up by two goals with the power play with 2 minutes left. They're up 3-2, on a PP, with only two minutes to go. A goal would be nice, but they can just play keep awayyyyyaaaaaand here comes McDavid, tie game. Kings looking to retake the lead with 30 seconds left on the power play...Fiala turns the puck over and there's your 2nd shorthanded goal

• Haha
Reactions: shuchukfan

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
No roster moves so far…

1714496929315.gif

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
I gripe about not having Thomas, Turcotte, or Clarke in the lineup but I doubt those minor roster moves would even make that much of a difference. It still wouldn't change the fact that PLD is an AHL player, or Moore has vanished and Gavrikov forgot how to D. It would have to take McD completely disappearing for them to have a chance and even then I'm not so sure they could win.

Last edited:

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Meet the new lineup, same as the old lineup

I gripe about not having Thomas, Turcotte, or Clarke in the lineup but I doubt those minor roster moves would even make that much of a difference. It still wouldn't change the fact that PLD is an AHL player, or Moore has vanished and Gavrikov forgot to D. It would have to take McD completely disappearing for them to have a chance and even then I'm not so sure they could win.
We need way more cowbell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad