GDT: #6 | Panthers at FLYERS | Tue. Oct. 17, 7:00 pm ET| NBCSP, FS-F

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayen

Apr 7, 2017
Sanheim stay or should he go (down)? Staying may likely benefit the future BUT is the idea to use experience to try and get more immediate wins? I like the way we are playing overall but we'd need to make some bold creative moves if the expectation is to be a contender this year. Mainly I hate to see learning becoming sitting and observing.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Sanheim would probably help Gudas get his ass in gear. I'd be depressed if Manning were my partner, too

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
And to further increase the blood pressure of 95% of the posters here, it appears Manning might be in the lineup again tomorrow night based on who left the ice today at the end of practice. Now, this is according to Sammy, so take it for what it's worth.

tenor.gif

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Now this would be the second half of what I said.

Manning was put in and in spite of him they won a game. This convinced Hakstok that his decision made sense, so he keeps him in. Now this game will be lost because of Manning ****ing up.

Bad decision results in one step forward and three steps back.

It will certainly cost us at least 1 goal. Hopefully the offense can outscore the mistakes.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
What happens if the Flyers, with Manning, convincingly beat a bad Panthers team?

Does he get another game to "reward" him for the team result?
Absolutely.

Hakstol will keep putting his hand closer and closer to the flame until it burns him. He'll ignore the warning signs of heat and pain until his hand is engulfed.

And then he'll try all over again because he doesn't learn his lesson.

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
What happens if the Flyers, with Manning, convincingly beat a bad Panthers team?

Does he get another game to "reward" him for the team result?
Faced Tampa twice, Stl and in Pit and could be 4-0. Not as bad as you think.

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Faced Tampa twice, Stl and in Pit and could be 4-0. Not as bad as you think.

I think you probably just accidentally quoted the wrong person, but you are right: Mr. Hakstol is nowhere near as bad as some of these ne'er-do-wells are making out. He is very bright and accomplished. Not very talkative, I guess, but that's just him being the strong, silent type. He was raised in the backwaters of a permafrost-sealed hard land, where a family of farmers could go through a dozen hoes a day (who doesn't go through dozens of hoes, amirite?) just trying to crack enough holes to plant some green beans and cabbage. This forges a man. It's why he's so strong. Yep, he's great.

Last edited:

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Florida is 2-2 and has played well so far. Theyve given us problems in recent seasons. Not a good game to dress your worst dman.

Last season I thought our worst D-man was clearly Farmer. But, Manning took the belt this year. AMac is passable as a bottom pairing d-man getting minimal minutes. Manning can't even do that.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
By every statistical measure the Panthers have had a great start. I'm just skeptical they're actually as good as the small sample appears. Too many roster deficiencies, peppered with a few great pieces.

The Barkov line is always a monster, but they will match all night with Couturier. Who knows how Flip and his line will do on any given night, probably matched against Trocheck. Ideally our bottom 6 feasts on their bottom 6, because there is a giant talent discrepancy.

The Yandle-Ekblad line has been gashed for scoring chances -- no surprise given their defensive weaknesses -- this year despite great team stats and possession #s. Matheson-Pysyk look like they've been their best 5v5 pairing so far. They have nice pieces back there, but nothing that I don't think can't be exploited with those forward lines. But hey, perhaps Boughner is a genius coach in the making.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
By every statistical measure the Panthers have had a great start. I'm just skeptical they're actually as good as the small sample appears. Too many roster deficiencies, peppered with a few great pieces.

The Barkov line is always a monster, but they will match all night with Couturier. Who knows how Flip and his line will do on any given night, probably matched against Trocheck. Ideally our bottom 6 feasts on their bottom 6, because there is a giant talent discrepancy.

The Yandle-Ekblad line has been gashed for scoring chances -- no surprise given their defensive weaknesses -- this year despite great team stats and possession #s. Matheson-Pysyk look like they've been their best 5v5 pairing so far. They have nice pieces back there, but nothing that I don't think can't be exploited with those forward lines. But hey, perhaps Boughner is a genius coach in the making.
The biggest thing is that Hak can't do line matching for them anymore and give Barkov wonder twins to feast on. Instead they will have their hands full if he unleashes Laughton line on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad