OT: 59th Obsequious Banter Thread: (Giroux + Simmonds + Couturier + Voracek + Patrick + Sanheim) ÷ Gudas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Nothing but puzzle games for me for a while. I sprained my right wrist at work last week. I tried playing Batman: Arkham Origins for about a minute before I gave up from the oncoming pain.

And speaking of Batman, B.D. Wong on Gotham as Hugo Strange is like an evil George Takei and I love it.

Reactions: Tripod and Rebels57

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
"Stranger Things" back on Friday (I think) - can't wait for that. Also, the third season of "Gomorrah" is supposed to start in November sometime. I've mentioned that before, but I really can't recommend it highly enough, as long as you aren't thrown by subtitles. The best show since "Deadwood" and by some distance.
I haven't seen a single second of Stranger Things or know anything at all about it, other than the cast has a lot of kids in it and I can't stand movies/shows with kid actors.

Even if they're "good" ones... unbearable to me.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I haven't seen a single second of Stranger Things or know anything at all about it, other than the cast has a lot of kids in it and I can't stand movies/shows with kid actors.

I'm starting to think that you are even more finicky and particular than I am, which I thought was impossible.

Reactions: CodyTheHuman

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Let me guess you've never seen/hate E.T?

I saw "E.T." in the theater after 8th grade graduation and haven't seen it since. Striiker's parents weren't even born yet at that time. His ancestors were still in diapers when I was sitting there fantasizing about Reeses Pieces, much as I am doing right now, **** I could devour some peanut butter.

Reactions: Magua and Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I saw "E.T." in the theater after 8th grade graduation and haven't seen it since. Striiker's parents weren't even born yet at that time. His ancestors were still in diapers when I was sitting there fantasizing about Reeses Pieces, much as I am doing right now, **** I could devour some peanut butter.

Good Lord lol.

Jfc.

Even Kim Jong-un has probably seen and enjoys E.T.
I'm sorry I'm such a disappointment, grandfathers.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
On a completely different topic, remember a week or two ago when I used the term "SJW" and there was confusion about what I meant by it?

This link right here is a perfect example of the type of person I'm talking about. Not people who want equality, people who go wayyyy too far and end up saying insane shit that makes no sense. :laugh:

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/a13069023/moana-halloween-costume-racist/?src=socialflowTW
Just saw someone retweet this on twitter and thought it was a joke at first... but nope.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

These kids are more in the vein of Goonies and Stand By Me if that helps.

Season 1 of Stranger Things was f***ing awesome.

Its not all kids either..

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
As if Ive ever seen either of those movies :laugh:

Who do you think you're talking to?

Sometimes I think that, as a little boy, in 2010, you were stranded on a desert island and had nothing to watch, so you painted faces on coconuts and volleyballs and talked to them like a gang of friends, but it started to drive you crazy, and there wasn't enough fresh water on the island, so you started arguing with the coconuts and volleyballs and got angry all the time over nothing. And you really started to resent foods like pizza that you didn't have access to there, and all the fruit in your diet made you have to go to the bathroom constantly. Then you were rescued in like 2014, but when you got back to civilization you were still all angry at everything and you are just now starting to get over it, but just barely.

Reactions: Striiker

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
As if Ive ever seen either of those movies :laugh:

Who do you think you're talking to?

tumblr_mtoo93r8o71snpc3lo1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events