OT: 59th Obsequious Banter Thread: (Giroux + Simmonds + Couturier + Voracek + Patrick + Sanheim) ÷ Gudas

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Still trying to figure out how the hell to fix the site at home. I'm on HF right now at work with Chrome and it works perfectly fine. But it goes f***y at home. Like I could click on a thread, and then if I hit the back button, it stutters and then it basically refreshes the "Watched Threads" page just from hitting the back button. I've also had it where I backed up and it gives me a "Bad Request" error. It happens on and off with the Bad Request error as well. So few extensions/add-ons installed on my Chrome at home. Maybe restart the browser or try to update it? Dunno.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Yeah, I barely watch myself unless its a good Monday Night Football matchup or a good college football matchup on a Saturday. Occasionally there may be an interesting "30 for 30" but that's it and even that's being generous.

I used to turn on Sportscenter to get highlights from the night before, but its not even that. Its pointless debates that have no substance whatsoever and the takes are nauseating.

Reactions: WestrnPhlyr

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I used to turn on Sportscenter to get highlights from the night before, but its not even that. Its pointless debates that have no substance whatsoever and the takes are nauseating.

Any sports show on tv or the radio has essentially been dumbed down & sold out for personality. If it’s not live sporting events I don’t really care much these days for watching or listening to those stations.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Ack!

The wife and I left the friendly confines of Seoul for Osaka/Kyoto/Tokyo and we have apparently jumped into the path of a typhoon!

Should make landfall tomorrow night or early Monday morning, which is when we're supposed to leave Kyoto for Tokyo. Both cities should feel some of the brunt of the storm. Hopefully it breaks to the east as quickly as possible.

:(

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Ack!

The wife and I left the friendly confines of Seoul for Osaka/Kyoto/Tokyo and we have apparently jumped into the path of a typhoon!

Should make landfall tomorrow night or early Monday morning, which is when we're supposed to leave Kyoto for Tokyo. Both cities should feel some of the brunt of the storm. Hopefully it breaks to the east as quickly as possible.

I hope everything is OK for you bud, but I can't even tell you how jealous I am of you right now, even with a typhoon coming. I am absolutely desperate to move there, or at least visit, but I won't be able to for a few years.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Ack!

be safe. have a good trip.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
We're any of you southerners fans of The Hip ?

Long Time Running the documentary aired last night here, damn good watch

I don't really like their music at all - I find with Canadian bands, I either really love them (Rush), or they are Alanis Morissette, and all the rest are somewhere in the middle - but I say that with all due respect to Gord.

Reactions: WestrnPhlyr

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The funny thing about "Curb" is that the first episode of the ninth season was very shaky as they got their feet back under them - same as the first episode of the ninth season of "Seinfeld" (I remember that Jerry filmed it with a hoarse voice and the episode was pretty awful) - but just like "Seinfeld," "Curb" quickly re-found its stride and got back to its best. This latest episode was killer.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
I haven't watched it yet but the third episode was hysterical. I actually found myself in Ted Danson's situation with the car, the guy in the van wasn't moving on green so I beeped and I thought he was going to get out and try to pummel me :laugh:

Also "did you just yoohoo me" had me dying

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
"Stranger Things" back on Friday (I think) - can't wait for that. Also, the third season of "Gomorrah" is supposed to start in November sometime. I've mentioned that before, but I really can't recommend it highly enough, as long as you aren't thrown by subtitles. The best show since "Deadwood" and by some distance.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
So we are going from a very mild fall to possible flurries late next weekend into next week.

good I hope it gets rid of the goddamn yellowjackets. Holy hell they are annoying. I mean they are everywhere up here. cant even sit on the deck on the warm days we have been having lately . went to DD on Sunday and they are flying around the drive thru. we have had warm days before in October. never seen them this active.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I also have my Super Mario Odyssey Switch bundle coming the 27th and I have Wolfenstein II as well. Gonna be some good ****ing gaming this weekend :).

OH nice one, my favorite game series. I still haven't beaten this giant robot near the end of the last one - I rage quit it about 50 times and haven't gone back in for a long time. It's supposed to be an easy kill, but not if you're an idiot, apparently.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
OH nice one, my favorite game series. I still haven't beaten this giant robot near the end of the last one - I rage quit it about 50 times and haven't gone back in for a long time. It's supposed to be an easy kill, but not if you're an idiot, apparently.

I actually did beat it on the hardest difficulty (well, the one where you can still die a lot and not be game over). Loved by New Order and Old Blood. Their marketing campaign is amazing as well.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
just binge watched season 2 of Mr. robot over the weekend. got better as it went along.
BD Wong is creepy as ****.
Stephanie Corneliussen has a magnificent ass

Fantastic show. Best on TV right now IMO.

Season 3 is off to a great start too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad