GDT: #5| New York Islanders @ San Jose Sharks | October 14th | 10:30 PM | F/W 3-1

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Much needed win.. Hopefully we get on it against LA.. Not crossing my fingers but hope we see Pulock and Beau both on the ice tomorrow

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Really bad sequence from San Jose to close out the game, in a game they really dominated.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
A bad third period but we held on for the win, this team never usually does that, I consider this a major accomplishment.

I like the new Nelson a lot... if Pelech continues to play like this we will have our shut down dman for sure. Mayfield has played very smart.

I don't like Eberle with JT at all, I think Isles need to put Bailey on the line with JT and Eberle in Bailey's spot. JT is not getting that many touches with Eberle commanding the puck, that is why JT's invisible at times.

Bailey needs to come off the power play, he is left open and cannot convert opportunities.

San Jose is in massive decline, been watching their games this year and have only seen constant life out of Labanc.

Kings game will be tougher

Reactions: ndgolden

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Lines I'd like to see tomorrow....

Beauvillier - Tavares - Eberle
Lee - Nelson - Ho Sang
Ladd - Barzal - Chimera
Bailey - Cizikas - Clutterbuck

Leddy - Boychuk
deHaan - Pelech
Hickey - Pulock

Halak

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
San Jose is in massive decline, been watching their games this year and have only seen constant life out of Labanc.

This is why I said they're a poor offensive club. They have like 3 guys who are actually decent, then the rest are really rather mediocre players.

Tonight's a prime example of their issues. Even when they generate 40+ shots, they simply don't have the finishing ability to capitalize.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Lines I'd like to see tomorrow....

Beauvillier - Tavares - Eberle
Lee - Nelson - Ho Sang
Ladd - Barzal - Chimera
Bailey - Cizikas - Clutterbuck

Leddy - Boychuk
deHaan - Pelech
Hickey - Pulock

Halak

Those are kind of interesting lines, but no way they sit Kulemin, no way they break JT and Lee, and I would not sit Mayfield, that would be the wrong message to send to him for his current level of play.

outside of Halak, they probably come back with the same players, Beau will be sitting. Ladd played such a bad game I would sit him for Beau, I really think JT/Eberle should be broken up

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
This is why I said they're a poor offensive club. They have like 3 guys who are actually decent, then the rest are really rather mediocre players.

Tonight's a prime example of their issues. Even when they generate 40+ shots, they simply don't have the finishing ability to capitalize.

I tend to watch the west coast teams a lot and San Jose seems to be the worst of the lot this year. They have an abundance of do-nothing forwards, and Dillon is the Brian Strait of the league, he is awful.

Labanc is a stud, Thornton is in decline, Pavelski is cold right now, Haertl is being overmanaged... and oddly they miss Michael Haley in some way.

Burns is still deadly and Vlasic is the best shutdown in the game, but you are right their shot quality is terrible, worse than the Isles vs Ducks.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I'd bet we see Seidenberg before we see Pulock. Powerplay be damned.

I think the issue is that the Isles are playing Barzal and JHS who are making their share of mistakes and having Pulock out there compounds it. It is going to take an injury for Pulock to get his chance.

YesCubed

Mar 2, 2015
They were due, I guess. I doubt they're going to play much better tomorrow.

Pulock needs to be in. Scratch Chimera and Kulemin if you have to do it. The powerplay is getting ridiculous.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
A bad third period but we held on for the win, this team never usually does that, I consider this a major accomplishment.

I like the new Nelson a lot... if Pelech continues to play like this we will have our shut down dman for sure. Mayfield has played very smart.

I don't like Eberle with JT at all, I think Isles need to put Bailey on the line with JT and Eberle in Bailey's spot. JT is not getting that many touches with Eberle commanding the puck, that is why JT's invisible at times.

Bailey needs to come off the power play, he is left open and cannot convert opportunities.

Kings game will be tougher

Agreed about Eberle. His possession has been mitigating JT. I thought his hockey smarts and quickness would jive. Put Eberle w Barzal and see if they mesh. Bailey back w JT (not that he’s earned it).

W that said JT looks pretty avg. I wonder if the contract stuff is playing a role; or is this his usual slow start.

YesCubed

Mar 2, 2015
Really hate the suggestion that because Pulock has a cannon that that will come close to fixing the PP issues. They are so much deeper than a hard shot.
I agree coaching is a gigantic and most definitely the biggest part of it, but Pulock's shot can open things up for everyone else. I also think Pulock has better offensive instincts than Leddy.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Did not tune into tonights game, will check them out at Staples tomorrow...

• I heard during the highlights that "Nelson wanted a fight" just before his goal, did I hear correctly? Is Brock finally sick of the naysayers? I have been a big critic but have to say, he is playing with a pair this year. Hope this isn't the Fall Heroics. If he can keep up what we've seen, no complaints from me.
  • Sounds like JHS impressed again, the assist on Nelsons goal was great, we really don't have anyone on the team who puts themselves in that kind of position and turn it into a goal. I think he finishes with around 10G 45A this season.
  • What was JT up to? I know he comes up big when it matters, but it is concerning that he can be invisible for such stretches. We saw that last year and in Anaheim in Wednesday he was basically a non-factor.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
D
  • What was JT up to? I know he comes up big when it matters, but it is concerning that he can be invisible for such stretches. We saw that last year and in Anaheim in Wednesday he was basically a non-factor.
I was wondering if Tavares was not trying to play thru an injury. He has been so quiet ,other then the 2nd game of the season.

In the Sabres game ,Barzal was faced with scoring his first nhl goal into an empty net .I had briefly thought "kind of a lousy way to score your 1st nhl goal". But, at this point I just want the monkey off his back. I think he has to be pressing a bit .

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Did not tune into tonights game, will check them out at Staples tomorrow...

• I heard during the highlights that "Nelson wanted a fight" just before his goal, did I hear correctly? Is Brock finally sick of the naysayers? I have been a big critic but have to say, he is playing with a pair this year. Hope this isn't the Fall Heroics. If he can keep up what we've seen, no complaints from me.
  • Sounds like JHS impressed again, the assist on Nelsons goal was great, we really don't have anyone on the team who puts themselves in that kind of position and turn it into a goal. I think he finishes with around 10G 45A this season.
JT is playing on the perimeter a lot and that is where any shots he takes are coming from. He does not have a powerful enough shot from distance, he has to play down low where he has traditionally been a force.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Really hate the suggestion that because Pulock has a cannon that that will come close to fixing the PP issues. They are so much deeper than a hard shot.

I never said it would fix the powerplay entirely, but it would make a difference. The system sucks, but at the same time we have no one on it that likes to shoot the puck either.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
I don't think that Beauvillier deserved to be scratched yesterday and Weight's excuse to do it is rather dumb. He said he went with speed (Beauvillier too have speed), the size (does Chimera use his size anyway?) and experience. Experience? Nothing against that,
but should the experience gain the upper hand over the performance on the ice? I think Beauvillier is having a nice start so far and I see no reason to sit him in favor of Chimera because he has more "experience" than him! What a stupid reasoning on the part of Weight!

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I don't think that Beauvillier deserved to be scratched yesterday and Weight's excuse to do it is rather dumb. He said he went with speed (Beauvillier too have speed), the size (does Chimera use his size anyway?) and experience. Experience? Nothing against that,
but should the experience gain the upper hand over the performance on the ice? I think Beauvillier is having a nice start so far and I see no reason to sit him in favor of Chimera because he has more "experience" than him! What a stupid reasoning on the part of Weight!
Chimera does nothing. I can't wait for Babcock to scratch Nylander for the "speed and size of Matt Martin". So many gritz.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
And I thought Chimera was supposed to be our 13th forward for at least the beginning of the season. Well he played in all our games so far...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad