GDT: #5| New York Islanders @ San Jose Sharks | October 14th | 10:30 PM | F/W 3-1

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I can't wait to see these lineup decisions when Alan "he scored an OT playoff goal once, so now he's a regular" Quine comes back.

Reactions: Jester9881

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
So out of curiousity, just looked up the lowest PP% in modern era...9.35% by '97-'98 Tampa Bay Lightning....anyone think we have a real shot at the record books, boys & girls??? :eek:

ndgolden

Jan 9, 2009
I like the new Nelson a lot... if Pelech continues to play like this we will have our shut down dman for sure. Mayfield has played very smart.

I don't like Eberle with JT at all, I think Isles need to put Bailey on the line with JT and Eberle in Bailey's spot. JT is not getting that many touches with Eberle commanding the puck, that is why JT's invisible at times.

Great points here.

Brock seems determined and his confidence is gaining some momemtum.

Too many cooks with 27-91-7 all want to shoot and the turnovers with 91-7 forcing the play instead of cycling the puck down low is leading to few opportunities. Bails was the play maker last year, more than content with setting up 27-91 who both prefer to finish. Nothing so far between pre-season and 5 games in is suggesting otherwise for.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Really hate the suggestion that because Pulock has a cannon that that will come close to fixing the PP issues. They are so much deeper than a hard shot.

Exactly. The problem with the PP isn't that it's missing a cannon..... the problem is multifaceted, the mindset is too pass heavy, too predictable, poor personnel decisions and poor positioning.

They need to go back to the formula that worked for them the last time they were a top 5 PP team with a much worse offense. Two things they were missing the past few years the prevented it from happening.

1. Mark Streit - Not exactly the player, but the smart defensemen playing on his off side (Streit was a LHD playing on the right point)
2. A RH player with vision that can open passing lanes, as well as rip a quick one timer for the LH half boards.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
JT is playing on the perimeter a lot and that is where any shots he takes are coming from. He does not have a powerful enough shot from distance, he has to play down low where he has traditionally been a force.

JT is being forced to dig the puck out of corners and be the setup man on his line because both his wingers want to shoot and try to get to the front of the net. One of Eberle or Lee has to be moved off that line and replaced with someone that can dig in the corners and set up plays.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Exactly. The problem with the PP isn't that it's missing a cannon..... the problem is multifaceted, the mindset is too pass heavy, too predictable, poor personnel decisions and poor positioning.

They need to go back to the formula that worked for them the last time they were a top 5 PP team with a much worse offense. Two things they were missing the past few years the prevented it from happening.

1. Mark Streit - Not exactly the player, but the smart defensemen playing on his off side (Streit was a LHD playing on the right point)
2. A RH player with vision that can open passing lanes, as well as rip a quick one timer for the LH half boards.

I think Seb Aho could be the quarterback our powerplay needs, with Pulock getting set up.

Re: Aho, I think he's a ways away from the big show, however.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I can't wait to see these lineup decisions when Alan "he scored an OT playoff goal once, so now he's a regular" Quine comes back.
He's my boy LOL, but he is only getting into the lineup if we have a few injuries, Quine is a stabilizing force on a team with a lot of riverboat gamblers now lOL

Stercrazy

Jul 4, 2007
JT is being forced to dig the puck out of corners and be the setup man on his line because both his wingers want to shoot and try to get to the front of the net. One of Eberle or Lee has to be moved off that line and replaced with someone that can dig in the corners and set up plays.

Good point. Thinking outside the box....what about moving all the RWs down one line and putting Clutterbuck on line one??

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Good point. Thinking outside the box....what about moving all the RWs down one line and putting Clutterbuck on line one??

Clutter is a 4th liner, can't shine him up and polish him off, he is not a good finisher, and then you will have Lee fighting a lot to clean up his messes... Bailey is useless if he is not on JT's line and JT plays well with him, it is a no brainer.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Gotta feel for Barzal.

Still looking for his first NHL point in game 8.

On the other hand, Brock Nelson is our leading scorer and Ho-Sang is PPG through 4 games.

They should absolutely be 2/3rds of a middle six line.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Gotta feel for Barzal.

On the other hand, Brock Nelson is our leading scorer and Ho-Sang is PPG through 4 games.

He's snake bitten. The points will come.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Not surprised we took out a good young player for useless Chimera.

I am surprised that the good young player was Beau.

Weight needs to snap out of it.

I wonder what genius move Einstein has up his sleeve for tonight's game. Gonna guess he goes with the same lineup & sits Beau again.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Not surprised we took out a good young player for useless Chimera.

I am surprised that the good young player was Beau.

Weight needs to snap out of it.

I wonder what genius move Einstein has up his sleeve for tonight's game. Gonna guess he goes with the same lineup & sits Beau again.
He's going to send down JHS and Barzal for Bernier and Gionta. We'll lose, but at least we will be gritty losers!

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Gotta feel for Barzal.

How about Nick Leddy with only 1 assist so far? Eberle with no goals as well. A lot of it has to do with the PP being completely inept.

Reactions: Eberzal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->