• Other (please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Dallas Turner

How many non-1st round picks do the vikings have left this year and next?
A lot LOL

They probably have a 3rd for compensation, (2) 5th, 6th, (2) 7th next year. This year, they have a 4th left and then (2) 5th, 6th and (2) 7th round picks.

So, ultimately 5, maybe 6 next year and then 6 this year.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Would've been happier to take the top corner of the draft.

Vikes don't pick now until the 4th round.

They've taken corners in the last few years and they signed Griffin and Williams this off-season. They have like 6 guys right now. They need defensive guys and with Turner dropping - that's big. He was slated in the top 10. As high as 8.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
They've taken corners in the last few years and they signed Griffin and Williams this off-season. They have like 6 guys right now. They need defensive guys and with Turner dropping - that's big. He was slated in the top 10. As high as 8.
Yeah, but they have not taken the caliber of corner that they just had sitting in their laps had they wanted.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If you had told me a few hours ago that MN would get Turner and McCarthy tonight for the cost of some late round picks i would've been surprised, and happy. I think just about everyone was expecting to pay the 11th and 23rd for McCarthy alone. Or both those picks plus a high 2025 pick for Maye.

Still shocked at what ATL did. Makes absolutely no sense to me.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
If you had told me a few hours ago that MN would get Turner and McCarthy tonight for the cost of some late round picks i would've been surprised, and happy. I think just about everyone was expecting to pay the 11th and 23rd for McCarthy alone. Or both those picks plus a high 2025 pick for Maye.

Still shocked at what ATL did. Makes absolutely no sense to me.
Not sure that's exactly true.

McCarthy (+6th) was 11+4th+5th

Turner (+#232) was for #42+#188+2025 2nd+#167+2025 3rd+2025 4th

That Turner price was hefty.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Yeah, but they have not taken the caliber of corner that they just had sitting in their laps had they wanted.
They need talent on the defensive line. Their corners got beat up so bad because their defensive line was crap.

The Vikings traded the 42nd, the 188th and a 2nd round in 2025 for the 23rd pick and the 232nd pick

Then traded the 23rd, 167th a 3rd and a 4th round pick for the 17th.

So, 17th and 232nd for 42nd, 167th, 188th, 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks?

That isn't really bad at all to get back up in the top 20 of the draft.

Remember, Minnesota has 6 picks left this draft and possibly 6+ picks in the next draft that isn't 1st round picks. Also next year's draft isn't as good as this year's draft; most future picks are considered the value of the 32nd pick.

Finally, Dallas Turner was considered to be THE top defensive talent in this year's draft.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Didnt even realize this was a thread.

JJ is a lot easier to swallow after not having to trade multiple firsts for him. Was my biggest gripe with drafting him.

Love getting Dallas Turner as well. Getting the best EDGE of this draft for 2 day 3 picks and a day 2 pick is nothing to me. And we have both extremely expensive positions on rookie deals.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Didnt even realize this was a thread.

JJ is a lot easier to swallow after not having to trade multiple firsts for him. Was my biggest gripe with drafting him.

Love getting Dallas Turner as well. Getting the best EDGE of this draft for 2 day 3 picks and a day 2 pick is nothing to me. And we have both extremely expensive positions on rookie deals.
Vikings have had a really solid couple of picks in the 1st round. NFC North has potential to be absolutely stacked.

Reactions: Sad People

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
We still have our FRP next year which in theory if we are as bad as people are saying were going to be it could net us a really nice blue chip player or net us a good amount of draft capital we lost this year.

Last edited:

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Cant be upset at all at getting the QBotF and the best EDGE rusher in a draft while being able to keep a future first.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Sorry, Minnesota has 5 draft picks left. 4th, a pair of 6s and a pair of 7s. I wouldn't mind a run-stuffing defensive tackle. Maybe Sweat drops due to his off the field behavior?

Still think 6 picks next year; 1st, 3rd, 5th (from the Browns), 5th, 7th and possibly another 7th from the Steelers.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Sorry, Minnesota has 5 draft picks left. 4th, a pair of 6s and a pair of 7s. I wouldn't mind a run-stuffing defensive tackle. Maybe Sweat drops due to his off the field behavior?

Still think 6 picks next year; 1st, 3rd, 5th (from the Browns), 5th, 7th and possibly another 7th from the Steelers.
The formula is so confusing and is constantly changing but theres some 3rd round comp picks in there too i think?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
The formula is so confusing and is constantly changing but theres some 3rd round comp picks in there too i think?
That's the 3rd. Vikes would have had two if they didn't sign Griffin.

This website I'm looking at sucks. So Minnesota has a 3rd compensation and 2 5ths. They've traded their 6th round picks and 7th round picks, but might have a 7th coming back for them.

Hey Green Bay took an offensive player in the first round!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sad People

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad