GDT: 5/11/18 - 8:00PM EDT - #1M Washington VS #1A Tampa Bay [ECF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Need to work hard and play our game while try and stay out of the box and our chances will be good. Let's go Bolts!

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Caps really rolling with the "disrespect" shtick.

They gotta try something to get themselves motivated after emotionally draining themselves after finally beating the pens.

But disrespect?

Lmao, the past 2 yrs they were "The team to beat" you couldn't get away from hearing it.

The fact that they choked after having 2 loaded teams the past 2 yrs is not anyone's fault but their own, and anyone questioning if they are foreal (after finally making the 3rd rd) now doesnt mean they are being disrespected. It's a legitimate question.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
The open letter their fans wrote to the pens and the fans is especially ridiculous. You'd would have thought they had just swept them to win the cup. Saying it's their yr etc etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: CupsOverCash

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
The open letter their fans wrote to the pens and their fans is especially ridiculous. You'd would have thought they had just swept them to win the cup. Saying it's their yr etc etc.

Wait.. How did I miss this? Link?

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I laughed when I got to, "No, we're not gloating."

So does Lemieux have somebody on standby when they get eliminated? Lmao. This is embarrassing for them. Kind of like the "We are just happy to be here" mentality.

"Hey nhl people we finally beat a team that has been our step daddy for two decades. But we aren't gloating. Ok we will add the random potshot towards the Flyers so this seems like a good note. K bye."

Reactions: USMC607

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
A good start would be awesome, then we in the worst case split at home with a chance of taking a 2-0 lead. I hope they are ready to go once the puck is dropped, cannot afford to be rusty and waste a game.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Bolts, it's really simple:

61666677.jpg

Herbert Lewis

FL to AK Bolts fan
Mar 16, 2018
Game 1 of the ECF against a team that's never been to the ECF...

$
Seriously???????? I guess you missed the year THEY WENT TO THE CUP FINALS against the Red Wings, I do believe. Sir, you are confused with OVI, not getting to the ECF's. Oh gee that was .....well being misinformed at best.

Reactions: The Gongshow

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I laughed when I got to, "No, we're not gloating."

So does Lemieux have somebody on standby when they get eliminated? Lmao. This is embarrassing for them. Kind of like the "We are just happy to be here" mentality.

"Hey nhl people we finally beat a team that has been our step daddy for two decades. But we aren't gloating. Ok we will add the random potshot towards the Flyers so this seems like a good note. K bye."

I just cant believe the letter was written like they had won it all. They are only halfway there.

But I guess for a fanbase so emotionally beaten, I guess you gotta brag anytime you get the chance.

I also couldn't tell if they were trying to convince themselves that they had achieved some epic feat, or if they were trying to convince all pens fans that they were suppose to be crushed and utterly devastated they didnt 3peat.

I mean you cant win them all and B2B cups in the salary cap era is a hell of feat on its own. No one is losing sleep.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I also hope Wilson learned from his suspension, and doesnt go high on anyone.

Herbert Lewis

FL to AK Bolts fan
Mar 16, 2018
I just cant believe the letter was written like they had won it all. They are only halfway there.

But I guess for a fanbase so emotionally beaten, I guess you gotta brag anytime you get the chance.

I also couldn't tell if they were trying to convince themselves that they had achieved some epic feat, or if they were trying to convince all pens fans that they were suppose to be crushed and utterly devastated they didnt 3peat.

I mean you cant win them all and B2B cups in the salary cap era is a hell of feat on its own. No one is losing sleep.
The "letter" was just plain arrogant and pathetic. GO BOLTS!!!!! and extend their misery.

Reactions: DaBolts and USMC607

Herbert Lewis

FL to AK Bolts fan
Mar 16, 2018
I am so ****ing pumped for this one.
My problem is, I don't know if my heart will be able to take it. I am such a wuss, LOL.:D I was so much younger and in better shape when my son and I went to every playoff game the Bolts played in from 2003 until I left Florida in 2010.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Hi everyone!!
I'm quite excited to see my, our team in the ECF.
Btw, for this series, the rule is only one: stay out of the box!
Let's go Bolts!

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
My problem is, I don't know if my heart will be able to take it. I am such a wuss, LOL.:D I was so much younger and in better shape when my son and I went to every playoff game the Bolts played in from 2003 until I left Florida in 2010.

Ah yes moving, I did that too only the opposite way.

Born and Raised in Pittsburgh, then a while back moved to Celebration area outside of Orlando, which is were I still am, and I started following the Lightning, since that's whose games I get. (Had not discovered Reddit links to games till last yr)

So I have love for both Pittsburgh and Tampa. I'm sure that wont go over well with some, so I apologize in advance.

But im hoping TB beats the breaks off the Caps. I cant have that team beat my 2 favorites.

Reactions: Herbert Lewis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad