GDT: 5/11/18 - 8:00PM EDT - #1M Washington VS #1A Tampa Bay [ECF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
My problem is, I don't know if my heart will be able to take it. I am such a wuss, LOL.:D I was so much younger and in better shape when my son and I went to every playoff game the Bolts played in from 2003 until I left Florida in 2010.

I felt like that the year we got swept by MTL.

This is probably the most confident I've felt in a post-season since my youth as a Red Wings fan.

pursuit81

Apr 12, 2018
I also hope Wilson learned from his suspension, and doesnt go high on anyone.
Pretty sure learning is not Wilson's strong suit. If I had to lay odds, Point will be the target. Right now he is the Bolts catalyst and Wilson would love to neutralize him. My hope is that officials will have him on a short leash, just as they did with Marchand after the "lick heard round the world".

Reactions: USMC607

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Have to come out flying, make this our series early. We have to be fearless, too. The Caps are going to hit us hard, but it'll only matter if they take us away from the game we want to play. This will probably be our toughest series yet, but I've no doubt that we can pull it out. And if we were ever going to get to see the old one-shot, one-kill Stammer again, it feels like this would be the time. Go Bolts!

Reactions: CupsOverCash

pursuit81

Apr 12, 2018
Have to come out flying, make this our series early. We have to be fearless, too. The Caps are going to hit us hard, but it'll only matter if they take us away from the game we want to play. This will probably be our toughest series yet, but I've no doubt that we can pull it out. And if we were ever going to get to see the old one-shot, one-kill Stammer again, it feels like this would be the time. Go Bolts!
Listened to a lot of podcasts and read a lot of articles this week. Consensus among the hockey literati is that Stammer is still a great player, but no longer an elite one. Would love to see him prove them wrong. Starting tonight would be good.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
nbcsn still making way too much of Point being -5 in game 1 of the ecsf. The plus minus stat is a terrible stat

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Pretty sure learning is not Wilson's strong suit. If I had to lay odds, Point will be the target. Right now he is the Bolts catalyst and Wilson would love to neutralize him. My hope is that officials will have him on a short leash, just as they did with Marchand after the "lick heard round the world".
McD will wreck Wilson if he starts running one of our guys. I'm not sure enough people appreciate just how beautiful the hit he threw on Hall was. His anticipation, his decisiveness and the sheer speed at which he closed the gap to Hall were all remarkable. Wilson isn't as fast or agile as Hall. McD will demolish him if it comes to that. Nothing to fear.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Tonight will probably be our best chance to win any given game this round. Losing Backstrom to injury is huge for the Caps. Gotta take advantage to draw first blood.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Listened to a lot of podcasts and read a lot of articles this week. Consensus among the hockey literati is that Stammer is still a great player, but no longer an elite one. Would love to see him prove them wrong. Starting tonight would be good.
I feel like he's at least got a series worth of the old Stammer in him, and I'd wager he wants to remind Ovie that his shot used to be unstoppable as well. Stammer'll show up for this one, I think.

pursuit81

Apr 12, 2018
McD will wreck Wilson if he starts running one of our guys. I'm not sure enough people appreciate just how beautiful the hit he threw on Hall was. His anticipation, his decisiveness and the sheer speed at which he closed the gap to Hall were all remarkable. Wilson isn't as fast or agile as Hall. McD will demolish him if it comes to that. Nothing to fear.
Oh, I have no doubt of that, but will the damage already have been done? Wilson seems not to care about consequences, on ice or off.

pursuit81

Apr 12, 2018
I feel like he's at least got a series worth of the old Stammer in him, and I'd wager he wants to remind Ovie that his shot used to be unstoppable as well. Stammer'll show up for this one, I think.
Would love to see it.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
Pens fan here. Will be rooting for TB in this series. Aside from the obvious Wilson, watch out for Oshie and Ovechkin to throw some dirty hits and headshots (that won't be called).

Let's go bolts!

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Pens fan here. Will be rooting for TB in this series. Aside from the obvious Wilson, watch out for Oshie and Ovechkin to throw some dirty hits and headshots (that won't be called).

Let's go bolts!
You're here too? lol I seen several of us pens fans here.
Rooting Tampa all the way!
Good luck and hope your team makes them look silly.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Let's go Tampa, let's coem out strong form the get go.

pursuit81

Apr 12, 2018
I have just one final thought before puck drop: Stay out of the damn box! Enjoy the game.

Herbert Lewis

FL to AK Bolts fan
Mar 16, 2018
Wow, that's a new record for me. I just had to watch less than 5 minutes, and I already have to mute the TV. They are all over Ovi, and giving the Craps 70% of the telecast. I hate NBCSN. God I wish I could get the CBC telecast. Doc is such a di%#.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad