Post-Game Talk: #47 - 01/20/18 | rangers @ avalanche | 3:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
No. I would be ok if the Rangers rebuilt the team.

I think that the worst case for a rebuilding Rangers would be a dark ages Rangers situation, as opposed to a perennially bottom feeding Coyotes situation. I think the best case for that would be finally winning the Cup.

The time is now. The Rangers already have a potentially seamless replacement for Hank in the pipeline. They have two excellent center prospects. They can load up on this draft and the next and be ready to make more runs in just a couple of years.

I agree completely. The timing is perfect. Best case we are ready to take a serious crack it while Hank is still in a 1B situation Worst case, we have the heir apparent in the pipeline and he’ll be ready along the same timeline as a rebuild right now, along with our 2 Cs.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
That was clearly me being sardonic.

To throw out objective quantifications of anything because you don’t like them might be one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard, yet here are people advocating for anti-intellectualism.

Intellectualism? Haa!
You're the last person that ever seems to take that route but OK!
I have a mirror for you :laugh:

Reactions: Paulie Walnutz

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
How can any fan of a professional sports team, especially one with as many resources as the Rangers accept anything less than the Cup. If you don’t win it all the season is a disappointment. Period!

And this team CANNOT Win with these players. No elite talent outside of Hank. Blow it up and get some elite talent. I’m willing to take my lumps in doing so. Cup or bust

The disappointment of losing the final game of the season and the month-2 months it takes to get over it pales in comparison to the 6-8 months of enjoyment I get from the team being good.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
zGHQb4O.gif

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
The disappointment of losing the final game of the season and the month-2 months it takes to get over it pales in comparison to the 6-8 months of enjoyment I get from the team being good.

Ok. I respect your opinion. I respectfully disagree:thumbu:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I don't know. I guess I'm not as disappointed with today's result as some others here but I had low expectations going into this one. Adding Grabner to the list of Kreider, Hayes, Shattenkirk, Staal and IMO the team kept the game close---almost tied it late when Vesey put it off the crossbar.

We were outplayed but the team hung around in this one and had a chance late to at least come away with a point. It didn't happen but this game could have been a blowout. There were some f***ups in our zone but not tons and tons of them.

DeAngelo looked good--or at least a lot better defensively than what I remember at the start of they year. Some of his passing was off the mark but IMO it's his defense that's been his issue and if he can put more games together like today's defensively he should be okay. Catenacci wasn't terrible either. He was involved in the action---kept up to the pace, threw his body around. Buchnevich again with a really good game. Nash and Zibanejad--a little quite. McDonagh and Skjei were fine. Holden played well. Henrik was really good.

Reactions: egelband

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Anyone notice the girl behind the Avs net with the blue home jersey blank? Dad was too cheap to get the seven "R A N G E R S" letters for her daughter.

Yeah, because I always have to pay an additonal $50 to get those letters on the front of my jersey, right?

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
We will have to sell with our injuries. Maybe it will be a blessing long term. Web have to see the positive side in a loss like this, our future was good today.

Obs: I didn't watch the game today, Im rolling with what you guys said.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
That was clearly me being sardonic.

To throw out objective quantifications of anything because you don’t like them might be one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard, yet here are people advocating for anti-intellectualism.

Too many big words. Know your audience.

Reactions: Ail

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
@NCRanger can you please explain to me why you keep equivilating selling off FAs, who may not even be on the team next year, and missing the playoffs for years on end? One bad year with a high pick (in a very good draft) isn’t the worst thing in the world, especially when we’re starved for young talent to add to the team outside of two forwards. No one here that’s rational wants this team to go full Buffalo and pray they win the lotto for five years straight like Murray did.

The Avs are what a fast team looks like, just for reference. They attack with speed and carry that speed into the offensive zone. The Rangers are a team that happens to have some fast skaters on it. Big difference.

This is kinda what I alluded to last week when I said they need to figure out what type of team they want to be. They have the pieces to play a fast north-south game like Gallant has going on in Vegas, but we rely way too much on east-west transitions from the d-zone out.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
How can any fan of a professional sports team, especially one with as many resources as the Rangers accept anything less than the Cup. If you don’t win it all the season is a disappointment. Period!

And this team CANNOT Win with these players. No elite talent outside of Hank. Blow it up and get some elite talent. I’m willing to take my lumps in doing so. Cup or bust

This post reminds me of the greatest tweeter in the world.

Reactions: Miamipuck

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
This is kinda what I alluded to last week when I said they need to figure out what type of team they want to be. They have the pieces to play a fast north-south game like Gallant has going on in Vegas, but we rely way too much on east-west transitions from the d-zone out.

Honestly I think they'd be better off as a team that does their work below the hash marks instead of trying to be whatever they are now. I know dumping the puck in is bordering on sacrilege around here in recent years, but with size up front and defensemen who are better at skating the puck up the ice than distributing it, I feel it's a better system for what we have in the NHL right now and what is coming up through the ranks. Use the speed on the wings to get to pucks, and the size to win the battles. Stop sacrificing all of the speed you have through the neutral zone by pulling up when you cross the blue line. Turn the opposing D around and make them out skate you to the puck instead of letting them stay between you and the net.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Honestly I think they'd be better off as a team that does their work below the hash marks instead of trying to be whatever they are now. I know dumping the puck in is bordering on sacrilege around here in recent years, but with size up front and defensemen who are better at skating the puck up the ice than distributing it, I feel it's a better system for what we have in the NHL right now and what is coming up through the ranks. Use the speed on the wings to get to pucks, and the size to win the battles. Stop sacrificing all of the speed you have through the neutral zone by pulling up when you cross the blue line. Turn the opposing D around and make them out skate you to the puck instead of letting them stay between you and the net.
Yeah I agree on the overall idea of turning D on their heels and attacking head on with speed or with the body. I think your assessment is pretty spot on, especially regarding the NZ

Reactions: Trxjw

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
my neighbors peewee coach would of made better player decisions with two minutes left in the game.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
This team has NOOOOOOOOO TALENT ON IT.

If we have to bottom out to get some then SO BE IT!

There's never been a better time than now. When healthy this team was a wild card team AT BEST. Now the injuries are just PILING up... Christ I thought Hank was next.

It's over... sell this year, miss the playoffs and HOPE and PRAY for the best. Enough of this lame "Anything can happen" crap

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
This team has NOOOOOOOOO TALENT ON IT.

If we have to bottom out to get some then SO BE IT!

There's never been a better time than now. When healthy this team was a wild card team AT BEST. Now the injuries are just PILING up... Christ I thought Hank was next.

It's over... sell this year, miss the playoffs and HOPE and PRAY for the best. Enough of this lame "Anything can happen" crap

Zgreed

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad