Post-Game Talk: #47 - 01/20/18 | rangers @ avalanche | 3:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Holland isn't awful, he's just kinda there. He's a good 13th forward for next year especially if Paul Carey goes all John Mitchell and cashes in for 3 years at like $1.1 per in a cheaper state which if I'm his agent, I'm asking for $1.5 per at his age.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
As much as I want to see this team tank, at this stage of Lundqvist's career, which I'm extremely vested in, I would want to see him win personal hardware than the Rangers get a top-10 pick and draft another McIlrath. This might be his last time he has a legitimate chance at winning a Vezina and it would cement him as a 1st ballot hall of famer. Would love to see that.
It won't happen. The team - and the coach - are too much garbage for him to have any chance to win another Vezina. He won't have enough wins and those who vote have no clue he faces the most difficult shots out of any goalie - and the most. They only look at straight save percentage and wins.

When the team is outshot, outchanced and outplayed by a fair margin basically every game, all season long, your goalie won't win a Vezina and the team won't be getting any hardware.

Last edited:

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Reactions: NCRanger

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I thought DeAngelo had zero impact on the game.
The only forward line going was NZB and they play mostly with McD and Holden if I could go my memory/impression from the game.

The point - it is not surprising about ADA. I thought him and Smith were at least not detrimental on both ends.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
The only forward line going was NZB and they play mostly with McD and Holden if I could go my memory/impression from the game.

The point - it is not surprising about ADA. I thought him and Smith were at least not detrimental on both ends.

Players have to find a way to have impact regardless of teammates. It’s the Etem argument all over again. Or Buchnevich during this recent down stretch he had. If DeAngelo was doing something good that his teammates weren’t taking advantage of, that’s having an impact. We didn’t get that from him.

I won’t overly judge a player for a single game. I just disagree with people who thought they saw something from him today.

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Ive been such a huge Zucc fan for the past few years and considered him untradeable. Now I’m ok with it. He’s been invisible this season

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Players have to find a way to have impact regardless of teammates. It’s the Etem argument all over again. Or Buchnevich during this recent down stretch he had. If DeAngelo was doing something good that his teammates weren’t taking advantage of, that’s having an impact. We didn’t get that from him.

I won’t overly judge a player for a single game. I just disagree with people who thought they saw something from him today.

Agree.

I’m still undecided.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
He’s been getting chippy. I’m not sure what the deal is.

Maybe hurt. Maybe the trade rumors have gotten to him. He seems like a real emotional guy who loves being here. The whispers may be getting to him. I don’t know what it is. He’s not the same

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We go through this 2-3 times a year with Zuccarello.

He goes cold and then he puts up 22 points in 20 games and nobody cares anymore.

That's who he is.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad