Post-Game Talk: #47 - 01/20/18 | rangers @ avalanche | 3:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I honestly don’t know why we get into so many fights amongst ourselves defending this team. We argue about how Nash has lived up to his contract due to even strength GF/60. We argue about whether Smith or Kampfer is worse. We argue about whether AV is a good coach or not. We argue about whether we should sell our UFAs or re-sign Nash and Grabner. I mean, REALLY?? There’s people who can watch this team and think that we should bring them both back and ice the same freaking roster next year? There’s people who watch this team put Holden and Smith and Kampfer and Carey and Holland on the ice down by 1 goal with 1:20 left and don’t just want to decapitate this gum chewing jack wagon? It boggles my mind that we are not universally in agreement that AV needs to go and this team needs an overhaul. I’m not saying blow it up completely. But even if the players are better than AV’s system makes them look, the overall makeup of the roster isn’t adequate. It doesn’t mean the players are bad, but we need to change the coach and we need to change the lineup (and no, that’s not a knee jerk reaction to our injuries - when fully healthy, the makeup of the roster still has some significant deficiencies). Just my $.02.
Great post.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Look at the bright side. They'll breathe easier tomorrow night.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
The Avs are what a fast team looks like, just for reference. They attack with speed and carry that speed into the offensive zone. The Rangers are a team that happens to have some fast skaters on it. Big difference.
Completely agree. I dont know how people still think this is a team that plays with pace, and is a fast team.

Reactions: Samuel Culper III

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
I liked what I saw from ADA. I liked Buch. I say play as many kids as we can. Let’s be entertained. The current “core” doesn’t cut it. Next up Pionk and Graves etc. let’s hope for some more injuries (concussions maybe:thumbu:) so we need more call-ups.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I feel like we're seeing some "shiny new toy" syndrome with ADA here, but I'm not against giving him a chance long-term.

He's better now than Kampfer ever has been or ever will be.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Completely agree. I dont know how people still think this is a team that plays with pace, and is a fast team.

Reputation. I watched the Colorado feed today and in his post game interview Erik Johnson was talking about how it feels to keep their streak going and reach 9 games and he says “it just feels unbelievable... to beat a team like the Rangers... they’re one of the best teams in the league”. This team is living on a reputation that is no longer supported. So is AV, in my opinion.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
This team sucks except Hank...

Also LOL at AV putting Holden out there with a minute to go instead of DeAngelo...

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
J.T. Miller played 1455 with Kevin Hayes out of the lineup.

Zibanejad played under 18 mins. Nash and Buch also under 18 mins

This is assinine coaching.

Becuz 4th line grinderZZZ 4EVR MAN!

AV's love for bottom 6 utility players is sad. Almost as sad as how bad of a bottom 6 utility player he was

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Everyone just hates Holden for no reason lol

Maybe he's only serviceable because he's playing with McDonagh but that's more than we can say for one beloved Ranger...

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
His obsession with distributing playing time across all lines needs to die.

I'm so sick of him over-thinking the lineup. All this "pair good players with bad so that every line is good, but none are great"--it doesn't freaking work! Why is he so obssessed with making sure Carey gets his 12 minutes? It's guys like him who should be getting 5-8 minutes, and Zibanejad should be getting 20+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad