Post-Game Talk: #47 - 01/20/18 | rangers @ avalanche | 3:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
I thought DeAngelo had zero impact on the game.
He saved Smith like 3-4 times. Deflected AAA rated shots away from the net and his back check late in the third on that semi-breakway was outstanding... He wasn't in a position to do much offensively. I'm excited for his future. We have too many bad Dmen to not get excited by this

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
In a pee wee game, AV would send out the kid who puts his skates on the wrong feet because he "adds something" and excels according to the sophisticated stats package.

Don’t you touch this pee wee kid, but you get a plus because I chuckled!

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Yes it is

No, it isn’t. Neutral impact means he didn’t affect the game positively or negatively. Zero impact depends on the context of the game. In this case, the context is that the team played poorly. Saying he had zero impact on the bad game means he was a part of the team playing poorly.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
He saved Smith like 3-4 times. Deflected AAA rated shots away from the net and his back check late in the third on that semi-breakway was outstanding... He wasn't in a position to do much offensively. I'm excited for his future. We have too many bad Dmen to not get excited by this

Smith saved him a couple of times too.

And that backcheck was a result of a a bad read by him (though not just him).

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
i thought he was much better in his own zone then he was to start the season with us. He was stuck to that dumpster fire Smith

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Players have to find a way to have impact regardless of teammates. It’s the Etem argument all over again. Or Buchnevich during this recent down stretch he had. If DeAngelo was doing something good that his teammates weren’t taking advantage of, that’s having an impact. We didn’t get that from him.

I won’t overly judge a player for a single game. I just disagree with people who thought they saw something from him today.

Not arguing that if continues to play like this he will earn a ticket back to Hartford. However, he did earn another game, or rather he didn’t lose a chance for another game.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
I propose A McD/ADA pairing. Let’s see what he’s got. Plus it’ll free him up to join the rush more

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
No, it isn’t. Neutral impact means he didn’t affect the game positively or negatively. Zero impact depends on the context of the game. In this case, the context is that the team played poorly. Saying he had zero impact on the bad game means he was a part of the team playing poorly.
Stop playing semantics, you're not a linguist and you're not clever. If he had zero impact then he did not contribute negatively.

Reactions: Siddi and Dactyl

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Stop playing semantics, you're not a linguist and you're not clever. If he had zero impact then he did not contribute negatively.

Yeah, how do you know what I am?

I think of it this way. You’re out fishing with a friend in a row boat and your boat springs a leak. You have the tools to fix the leak, but you bail water instead. That’s a neutral impact. It keeps the boat afloat but doesn’t solve the problem. Your friend keeps fishing with the idea that you still need to eat. That’s zero impact, because it doesn’t address the problem at all and without his help, the boats going to sink anyway.

Accept it or not. They’re different things.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Bubble team playing like a bubble team, I guess. ADA looked alright so I hope they give him a few more games over Kampfer.

Good for the Avs for turning things around so quickly.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
It is unfortunate one of Henriks great seasons and we are hit by injuries hard this year, but defensive system has always been an issue the other teams get too many SOG each game / 37 SOG against Avalanche and Buffalo.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
The Avs have Calle Makar coming up probably next season. Who knows where they will draft with the Ottawa pick this year or next. And their own. Got Bowers in the trade as well. Future looks decent.

Reactions: Sea Eagles

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
It really feels to me like the players are just going through the motions right now. It’s felt that way to me for about 40% of the season. They don’t have the emotional leadership to do anything else.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, how do you know what I am?

I think of it this way. You’re out fishing with a friend in a row boat and your boat springs a leak. You have the tools to fix the leak, but you bail water instead. That’s a neutral impact. It keeps the boat afloat but doesn’t solve the problem. Your friend keeps fishing with the idea that you still need to eat. That’s zero impact, because it doesn’t address the problem at all.

Accept it or not. They’re different things.
So you are a linguist, then?

That's not zero impact. He is present and able-bodied, yet his inaction directly contributes to the boat sinking. Negative impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad