Post-Game Talk: [46] Canucks defeat Maple Leafs | 6-4 ( Hoglander(2), Garland(2), Miller, & Pettersson) | Jones-Town Massacre

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Looking at the boxscore, why did the hell did we play Myers for 22 minutes the most ice time...

The media keeps claiming hes not just average, but hes really good. Myers is ok but that first was good and second was not, hes still a mixed bag. Sat is just raving about him on sportsnet 650. Just like coaches the media just thinkshes awesome.

But I assume some of that might be due to soucy? I have no idea.

Reactions: andora

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
There hasn't been a team in NHL history who is perfect playing with leads and score effects are a thing for every team in the NHL.

This team is doing the right things when leading more than any team you'll ever see. There are two teams on the ice and the other team is always always going to have a big push when they're down.
And the flames where the "comeback kids" so how could you critique the process.

Team needs to do better limiting shots and not get hemmed in.

Reactions: Jay26

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
We're like 27-0-1 taking leads into the 3rd period and people are complaining about how we play when we have the lead? Seriously?
28-0-1 now. I still think that going full turtle mode isn't the answer even if they get the results. When Rick lets the Canucks play, they run teams out of the rink. It works against lesser-skilled teams, but giving good players that much of the puck and letting them get into a rhythm is asking for trouble

Reactions: Jay26

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Besides almost putting my foot through the TV in the 2nd, that was a pretty fun game and great to see the team physically abusing their opponent after all these years of being on the receiving end of it. Nice recoup for Demko in the 3rd as well

giphy.gif

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Fun game . Great 1st perioid. Terrible 2nd. Had some moments in the 3rd. Gotta clean that shit up big time. Biggest take I got from this game was Toronto fans cry more than any fanbase about Calls/Refs AINEC.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Yeah let’s keep getting outshot basically 40-12 over the last two periods. Sure route to success.

Our 2nd period stunk tonight. It happens. You aren't going to protect a lead perfectly in every game.

Score effects happen to literally every team.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
wait, Tanev's back ?!?!
I loved our team toughness. reminded me some 2008-2013 Canucks with the amount of cross checks to the face and post whistle dumping of players into the goal lol. Myers with the Kesler special headlock a guy while trying to punch another guy. Pettersson had at least 4-5 hits this game and was finishing his checks as well. Hronek is an absolute cheeky guy and is feisty as f***. He’s always involved in scrums and gets off a lot of little dirty cheeky things that piss players off. I also noticed they were scared to engage in the corner with Zadorov and did multiple fly bys rather than try and get invovled with him. I remember Domi getting clobbered and then he goes to hit Zadorov behind our net and he ducked as soon as he hit Zadorov in fear of retaliation. It was hilarious.

Would love for us to go out and get another mean forward up front. Hockey is more enjoyable to watch that way.
amen - that was excellent team swagger i saw. no backing down, leafs looked like a team semin effort there a couple times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad