Post-Game Talk: [46] Canucks defeat Maple Leafs | 6-4 ( Hoglander(2), Garland(2), Miller, & Pettersson) | Jones-Town Massacre

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
This is a really underwhelming highlight pack for Demmer until they got to the part where he lost his stick. Honestly pretty brutal until then. Good that the team can overcome poor goaltending this season. Really a big sign of how much they've grown versus the goalies just bailing them out every game.
People would look at the stats and think Demko played great

But the reality is that he let in 2 softies early when the team was leading comfortably. That’s a momentum breaker

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
DALL·E 2024-01-20 19.02.59 - A dynamic and fantastical cartoon-style image showing the Vancouv...png

All aboard!!!!!

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Can we get a top-tier faceoff coach please?

Leafs poached Malholtra from us and it couldn't have been more clear the value he brings tonight.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I guess I'm the only person who didn't find that game especially entertaining compared to others? The first period was fantastic, but what's entertaining about collapsing for a period and then playing conservatively for another?

There have been some ridiculously entertaining full 60 minute games this year.

Also, I just want to give Blueger a bit of credit for being rock solid again, critical to those late game penalty kills, and quietly picking up another couple of points without getting any attention from anyone. I am so glad that Pettersson didn't get put on that line for the rest of the game, because that oddly makes the line worse and more disorganized. Pettersson should get time between Hoglander/Lafferty when they get split up-- Aman doesn't really add much to it, unlike Blueger does to his line.

Unsung hero.

I don't have the exact numbers, but I feel like he might actually be the highest scoring of the three since the line's been formed, right?

Last edited:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
People would look at the stats and think Demko played great

But the reality is that he let in 2 softies early when the team was leading comfortably. That’s a momentum breaker
And then made 19 saves in the 3rd period. More than made up for it

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
That second period probably invoked the Tocchet "Who are we to think we're anybody" speech :laugh: That was incredibly awful from the entire team, including Demko.

1st and 3rd periods were much better obviously, but hopefully they can get that nonsense out of their system by the time April rolls around. Entertaining game, but entertaining in the way you only want to see it once a month kind of thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad