Prospect Info: #36 Jesper Boqvist (C/W)

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This season is the first time he’s really been able to produce.

His time to make an impact was about to run out before this recent run.

I think provided he’s at least decent the rest of the year he does get a crack at a permanent spot to start next year here in the NHL.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
This season is the first time he’s really been able to produce.

His time to make an impact was about to run out before this recent run.

I think provided he’s at least decent the rest of the year he does get a crack at a permanent spot to start next year here in the NHL.
Not really, he produced well in his limited minutes last year as well.

He's produced in the AHL also.

Now the 30 games of his first year in the NHL? Yes he did struggle to produce then.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not really, he produced well in his limited minutes last year as well.

He's produced in the AHL also.

Now the 30 games of his first year in the NHL? Yes he did struggle to produce then.
I wasn’t including AHL, just NHL.

He didn’t produce horribly last year, but if he didn’t build on that and was still producing at only that rate this year I think you’re looking at his chances of sticking in the NHL being very low.

I think he only had 15 points in his first 79 games in the league.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I wasn’t including AHL, just NHL.

He didn’t produce horribly last year, but if he didn’t build on that and was still producing at only that rate this year I think you’re looking at his chances of sticking in the NHL being very low.

I think he only had 15 points in his first 79 games in the league.
He wasn't given many minutes last year, nor productive linemates, but he produced pretty well in those minutes.

Now he started last year slowly, and he did again this year(though to be fair he was up and down to the AHL and in and out of the lineup when with NJ) so he needs to be ready start next year strong.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Producing at a 15 goal 36 point rate this season and a lot of that has come lately as he’s picked his game up dramatically. He legitimately could be a 20+ goal, 40+ point center if he keeps this up. Using his feet, skill and his body to make plays and is seeing the ice so well.

Reactions: My3Sons

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Jesper Boqvist is starting to look like he can succeed as the Devils third-line center. This would be huge, as it would allow Dawson Mercer to stay on the RW in the top 6. Now, all NJ needs to do is get Boqvist some upgrades on his wings.
The Devils will need a player in the top 9 that can swing to C when the first injury to a C occurs. Mikey cannot move up in the lineup for any length of time. Mercer would be ideal. The team really looks like they can have some nice forward depth in the next few years. Great times just ahead:thumbu:

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
What we have seen since Christmas is what Boqvist is. He showed it in the AHL, he showed in in Sweden and he showed it in flashes in the NHL.

He really didn't show in the AHL, though. I mean, he scored a lot of points but he shot 18% and was only getting 2 shots a game.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Jesper Boqvist is starting to look like he can succeed as the Devils third-line center. This would be huge, as it would allow Dawson Mercer to stay on the RW in the top 6. Now, all NJ needs to do is get Boqvist some upgrades on his wings.

I like his style of play for this team at 3C way more than I do Zacha. He’s got some zip to his game and sneaky skills. Just a good compliment to Hischier/Hughes. Hopefully he can keep it up but it’s looking sustainable.

Can't understate how important it is for us to develop that 3C spot with Mercer excelling on wing in the top-6. I've pretty much lost confidence in Zacha and completely agree that I like Boqvist's game better. Really happy to see him developing and hope he sticks to it.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
I noticed he started playing more assertive in December. Willing to take hits along the boards, pushing play to the center of the ice.
Last year he was a soft perimeter player.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I noticed he started playing more assertive in December. Willing to take hits along the boards, pushing play to the center of the ice.
Last year he was a soft perimeter player.
I’ve noticed the hit part too. Dude is willing to take hits to make plays. That to me shows a player willing to do the little things.

Reactions: StevenToddIves

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
the pace that he has been playing at since december is perfect. teams do not have any rest after hischier/hughes. with mercer and zacha (moreso mercer) working out on the wing it would be huge if boqvist is our 3c.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
What the Hell is the story with Christian Jaros?
- During preseason it was thought by many he was acquired for the Comets.
- As the season progressed it was suggested it was time to send him down.
- Then the taxi came back and he was a passenger. Though the Devils never really established an actual taxi squad.
- Now he's still just sitting around.

Colton White, whom most thought was done in the NHL and would be most useful as a mentor in the AHL while others felt he would simply be let go, has played 21 games and been with the Devils throughout most of the season having played only 6 games with the Comets where he scored 3 goals and finished +6.

Maybe Jaros is now good for nothing more than a TDL trade throw in?

Aug 25, 2009
éal
What can you tell us about him aside from his offensive skillsket? Is he reliable defensively? On the faceoff dot good enough to be a centre going forward? If he's bound to become a 3rd liner can he also contribute on the PP and/or the PK? Does it seems like he have a good attitude?

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
What the Hell is the story with Christian Jaros?
- During preseason it was thought by many he was acquired for the Comets.
- As the season progressed it was suggested it was time to send him down.
- Then the taxi came back and he was a passenger. Though the Devils never really established an actual taxi squad.
- Now he's still just sitting around.

Colton White, whom most thought was done in the NHL and would be most useful as a mentor in the AHL while others felt he would simply be let go, has played 21 games and been with the Devils throughout most of the season having played only 6 games with the Comets where he scored 3 goals and finished +6.

Maybe Jaros is now good for nothing more than a TDL trade throw in?

Jaros was never supposed to be anything. He was brought in as the 7D. I don't know why you ever expected anything to begin with

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad