Prospect Info: #36 Jesper Boqvist (C/W)

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Boqvist is an offensive skilled player with impressive skating and puck skills. Shifty player who scores spectacular goals from time to time. There's some consistency issues, but when on top of his game, Boqvist can be quite dominant with the puck and an offensive threat. (EP 2017)

Ok, that's boom/bust right?

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Did they just say he switched teams 3 times last year? You have to figure that would inhibit most people from being consistent.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Did they just say he switched teams 3 times last year? You have to figure that would inhibit most people from being consistent.

Point per game player in Sweden's top junior league. Then called up to the big club and got 6 assists in 16 games. Then loaned to the second division of Sweden and put up 12 points in 19 games.

Pretty good numbers for smallish kid against men.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

He did. He played for Brynas in the SHL, the Brynas U20 team, and was loaned to Timra in the Allsvenskan (Swedish 2nd tier). Played 15-20 games for each and did pretty well with the U20 and tier 2 team.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
This is a typical Castron pick, similar to his Bjorkstrand selection. Undersized player with high skill level and high offensive IQ.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
22981824-mmmain.jpg

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Initial impression from the video:

Midget
Helluva shot
Fast
Shifty
Excellent vision
Didn't see much defense

I like this pick. Seems a little boom or bust, but sounds like that's due to consistency. If he puts it together we might have a top-6 forward. Nice. :yo:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I know highlight videos can be misleading, but wow this kid had some skill & vision.

They only show you the good of course and you don't see the flaws like you do from watching a large sample of games, but from everything I've seen and read he has the ability to take over the ice for shifts and is a dynamic, game breaking player. The real test with prospects like this is whether they can continue to improve and carry that skill into a higher level of play. Consistency issues are definitely a concern, and he may never work out but at least today I am pretty happy with this pick.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
that pass he made at 4:30 was ridiculous.

Yea, a bit more consistent play, probably goes in the first round.

Like the pick reading more about him and seeing some of his skills on display.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->