OT: 2nd Annual Free HFNYR Yahoo Fantasy Pool (KUPO WINS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Looks good to me. You de-nerfed goalies which was gonna be my other suggestion.

PIMS is fine now that we don't have guys in the league running up 300+ a season any more.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
Hey, what happened? I thought I was in?

Don't worry my friend there are others who didn't make the cut either :)

I can respect the decision that long term members/mods get a spot over newcommers, no biggie really. Let's try to be active members, contribute to the site and join next year?

Don't forget the most important thing: Hockey season is upon us!!

There are also open fantasy leagues to join if you are interested. I'm a newbie anyways so I give on of those a shot.

I also added some memes for good mood. I like memes.
the-results-are-a7lu7o.jpg

6vzygc.jpg

6w00rq.jpg

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
There will be spots for everybody, the more the merrier
If we exceed Yahoo limits I'll look into other sites or methods we can use. Since I'm a lot earlier than last year I will do some research and find the best method for us, any recommendations are welcome!

Has this changed ? Are there only limited spots now ?

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Let’s try not to run the clock down on picks and run through this somewhat expediently. I don’t want to be drafting all night. May want to have another child. :laugh:

Reactions: Taluss

EdJovanovski

#RempeForConnSmythe
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
18 picks per person and 20 people with 1 min on the Clock for each pick. Could be a long one tn:naughty::nod:
Most won't take near the full minute
I don't mind if people do though, I like the suspense and want people to put thought into their picks
People should probably do a little research and have a general idea of some players they're targeting though

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Most won't take near the full minute
I don't mind if people do though, I like the suspense and want people to put thought into their picks
People should probably do a little research and have a general idea of some players they're targeting though

Completly agree with ya.

Ive done the bolded today just for fun :nod: its my first draft so dont want to be heading into It clueless

Its not a salary cap draft right? I didnt see it mentioned anywhere. Np if it Is!

EdJovanovski

#RempeForConnSmythe
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Completly agree with ya.

Ive done the bolded today just for fun :nod: its my first draft so dont want to be heading into It clueless

Its not a salary cap draft right? I didnt see it mentioned anywhere. Np if it Is!
No cap! as Bill Pito would say

Should I reduce the draft time? @Loki Dog 74 @Fitzy

Hmmm

Not TOO short but maybe 1 min is long
45 seconds? 30 seconds?

Reactions: Taluss

EdJovanovski

#RempeForConnSmythe
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I’m fine with 30. 45 if people have a problem with that.
I’d vote 45 but I am fine with 30, I just don’t want people to feel rushed especially since a lot aren’t that experienced with fantasy sports. Typically several people leave in the later rounds and auto draft so theirs fly by. I definitely won’t leave though

Reactions: haveandare

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Any preferences when it comes to league settings?
I've made a couple changes so far

- Enabled draft pick trading, should make the draft a little more interesting
- Added Hits & PIM as categories, will require more strategy rather than solely building around skill
- Changed shots to count as 1 point instead of the default 0.9, so we get rounder numbers

So far it's:

Goal: 6pts
Assist: 4pts
+/-: 2pts
PIM: 1pt
PPP: 1pt
SOG: 1pt
Hit: 1pt
Block: 1pt
GWG: 1pt
SHG: 1pt
---
W: 5pts
GA: -3pts
Save: 0.5pt
Shutout: 5pts

Do you guys want face-offs involved too? 0.25 per win & -0.25 per loss? Or nah?
Any other recommendations welcome
Oooh loving the draft pick trading idea.

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Oooh loving the draft pick trading idea.

When do we know who picks where?

Draft pick trading is a bit weird. You can trade a third and fourth for an additional second, but then you have to fill your final roster slot on waivers because there’s no existing rosters. Someone else would have an extra pick and not be able to house that player on the roster due to roster limit.

If we made this a keeper league, pick trading going into all future seasons would make it interesting.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Draft pick trading is a bit weird. You can trade a third and fourth for an additional second, but then you have to fill your final roster slot on waivers because there’s no existing rosters. Someone else would have an extra pick and not be able to house that player on the roster due to roster limit.

If we made this a keeper league, pick trading going into all future seasons would make it interesting.
Sorry to bother you, can you give me a quick rundown on how waivers work in this leauge?

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
30 seconds would have been OK too for rapid fire, but 45 is fine. this will take a while regardless but whatever, get in one and enjoy. This will be my second draft, I did a 10 man on ESPN on Tuesday and that took under and hour, it was glorious.

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Sorry to bother you, can you give me a quick rundown on how waivers work in this leauge?

Well there’s all the undrafted players in a pool and you can add/drop a specified number of players per week. I’m no expert, I think there’s a priority list based on standings so if two people are trying to add the same player it may go to whoever has priority. And then I guess who you drop is technically on waivers so can be picked up by the rest of the league, maybe in order of a waiver priority, or they just join the pool of undrafted/rostered players again.

D8EF5990-3030-4748-863D-EE140A378D4A.png
EBB22279-3A98-4EFC-8BDC-C9D27E8B4BD3.png

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Well there’s all the undrafted players in a pool and you can add/drop a specified number of players per week. I’m no expert, I think there’s a priority list based on standings so if two people are trying to add the same player it may go to whoever has priority. And then I guess who you drop is technically on waivers so can be picked up by the rest of the league, maybe in order of a waiver priority, or they just join the pool of undrafted/rostered players again.

View attachment 591319View attachment 591320
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad