OT: 2nd Annual Free HFNYR Yahoo Fantasy Pool (KUPO WINS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Any preferences when it comes to league settings?
I've made a couple changes so far

- Enabled draft pick trading, should make the draft a little more interesting
- Added Hits & PIM as categories, will require more strategy rather than solely building around skill
- Changed shots to count as 1 point instead of the default 0.9, so we get rounder numbers

So far it's:

Goal: 6pts
Assist: 4pts
+/-: 2pts
PIM: 1pt
PPP: 1pt
SOG: 1pt
Hit: 1pt
Block: 1pt
GWG: 1pt
SHG: 1pt
---
W: 5pts
GA: -3pts
Save: 0.5pt
Shutout: 5pts

Do you guys want face-offs involved too? 0.25 per win & -0.25 per loss? Or nah?
Any other recommendations welcome

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast

- Added Hits & PIM as categories, will require more strategy rather than solely building around skill
- Changed shots to count as 1 point instead of the default 0.9, so we get rounder numbers

So far it's:

---

FO wins would be cool. No need for FO losses, IMO.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
@Loki Dog 74 @UAGoalieGuy @KirkAlbuquerque @Rangerfan4life90 @Circus86 @SchneidersPretzels @haveandare @user26 @Cmox @OriginalLimbo @dales792 @TheGortonConspiracy

Everyone state when you are available, when you're not available, and what your ideal time & date for a live draft would be please :)

A day I am considering is Wednesday October 5th, maybe 6PM EST? I am very flexible though so whatever is most convenient to everybody!

Also some of the most famous posters and assholes should join
@Machinehead @Uninstaaled @Tob @DanielBrassard @SnowblindNYR @Kupo @Mandar @Bacon Artemi Bravo @Crease @Kakko24 @Thirty One @will1066 @HockeyBasedNYC @duhmetreE @Leonardo87 @The Crypto Guy

last but not least

@bernmeister @Sir avgaard hockey professor
I've clearly been far too kind towards you to not make your famous assholes list

• Haha

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
FO wins would be cool. No need for FO losses, IMO.
I'm not sure, I think that would just be rewarding people for taking more centers (which is already a common problem in pools, people taking way too many centers early for being centers). I'd rather reward being good at face-offs than just taking face-offs. IMO it should factor in both face-off wins/losses or disregard face-offs altogether

But I'm open to other opinions, if others agree with you then we can go with that. I just think we shouldn't make centers more heavily favored than they already are

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I'm not sure, I think that would just be rewarding people for taking more centers (which is already a common problem in pools, people taking way too many centers early for being centers). I'd rather reward being good at face-offs than just taking face-offs. IMO it should only count face-offs in or disregard face-offs altogether

But I'm open to other opinions, if others agree with you then we can go with that. I just think we shouldn't make centers more heavily favored than they already are
Not necessary, was just a suggestion. Asshole.

• Haha

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

So far it's:

---

i'd prefer not to score on PIM always found that dumb lol

• Haha

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
i'd prefer not to score on PIM always found that dumb lol
Do the rest of you guys @Loki Dog 74 @Boris Zubov agree with this horrible take? If so I will remove PIM 😂
I think it’s fun tjough because then the goons get drafted, adds more strategy it’s like you need to build a well balanced team instead of just picking whoever is at the top of the rankings for the draft board based on scoring

• Haha
Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Do the rest of you guys @Loki Dog 74 @Boris Zubov agree with this horrible take? If so I will remove PIM 😂
I think it’s fun tjough because then the goons get drafted, adds more strategy it’s like you need to build a well balanced team instead of just picking whoever is at the top of the rankings for the draft board based on scoring

I Actually agree with Kirk. Shouldn't be rewarded for PIMs...IMO. My other league does that & I don't understand it there either.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Fine, I see how it is.
I’m keeping hits though lol

I’d actually like to do away with stats entirely and just have the roster with the best collective corsi divided by Pink Floyd albums, times goals for, multiplied by .03 high danger scoring chances against, plus however many goals Ovechkin scores against Buffalo.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I’d actually like to do away with stats entirely and just have the roster with the best collective corsi divided by Pink Floyd albums, times goals for, multiplied by .03 high danger scoring chances against, plus however many goals Ovechkin scores against Buffalo.
I'm glad you said it first....

Fine, I see how it is.
I’m keeping hits though lol
Hits should be rewarded. Hence, Reav-o & Tom Wilson are gonna be my 1st & 2nd round picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad