OT: 2nd Annual Free HFNYR Yahoo Fantasy Pool (KUPO WINS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
I’d actually like to do away with stats entirely and just have the roster with the best collective corsi divided by Pink Floyd albums, times goals for, multiplied by .03 high danger scoring chances against, plus however many goals Ovechkin scores against Buffalo.
Im in

Reactions: LokiDog

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
Congratulations to last years winner @Harbour Dog , and of course to the runner up (myself😜)

Last year we did this a little last minute but this time I will give ample time for everyone who wants to join to do so. I’ll also take recommendations for our league format & rules. Also let us know what days/times are best for you to do a live draft, we will try to make it so that it is when everyone is available
So am I in and what do I do ? Never joined one of these before.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
With 20 people in the pool, if we all agree to put up $15-20 at the end, the winner can get two tickets to a game or something.

• Wow
Reactions: EdJovanovski

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I have a final thought on the scoring pre-draft.

Having hits and blocks as scored categories is great. That said I think they should be scaled a little bit less (maybe a half a point) so that Radko Gudas isn't the 18th ranked defenseman and Trouba isn't outscoring Fox.

I mean Reaves throws 4 hits a game which is the league scored points equivalent of being a 45 goal scorer.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Can't make the draft today. Overlaps with key meetings. Anyone want my spot, or is the auto-drafter good?

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
  • Haha
Reactions: EdJovanovski

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I have a final thought on the scoring pre-draft.

Having hits and blocks as scored categories is great. That said I think they should be scaled a little bit less (maybe a half a point) so that Radko Gudas isn't the 18th ranked defenseman and Trouba isn't outscoring Fox.

I mean Reaves throws 4 hits a game which is the league scored points equivalent of being a 45 goal scorer.
Thanks
I've changed hits, shots & blocks to all be 0.5pts
I'm watching a couple YouTube videos on setting up leagues rn and learning some more about ideal settings. Any other recommendations?

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Just curious, when do we know what order we draft in? Is It just randomly selected when the draft starts?
When we enter the draft like 10-min prior there will be a livestream of a guy with balls like this
3fedd1d0-db6d-11ea-b5ff-4c22eac8e4d3

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Guys, I think PIM should be included. From videos I'm watching and stuff I'm reading, fantasy enthusiasts love PIM as a category and recommend removing +/-. I'll leave +/- open to whether you guys want it or not, as of now I'm keeping it.

But for PIM, especially with such a deep draft (20 teams). The later rounds can become kind of dull. PIM adds more strategy to the later rounds and makes those late picks actually mean something rather than being irrelevant, adds more layers to the management of your team.

Obviously won't be worth a lot, but should be included IMO

@Fitzy @Loki Dog 74 @KirkAlbuquerque

Edit: Also the gap from 1st overall pick to 20th is massive, having PIM, blocks, hits, etc levels the playing field more and can allow a well managed team to beat a team who was dealt the better hand. I'd like to maximize strategy and minimize luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad