McKenna

Molendyk-Bonk
Dickinson-Parekh
Price-Yakemchuk
Gibson

Ratzlaff
Cloutier
Bjarnason
This has to make them one of the favorites right?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Around the time of the WJC this year, there were some reporters who said it has more to do i with off ice issues with Heidt. I think Pronman or Wheeler mightve been the ones talking about it. Its more of an off ice black balling than an on ice ability thing with him

Andrew Gibson better be on this team lol
Why Caanda's left side is ptretty strong.

He might make it as an extra but has to be I'm not so sure about.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Been awhile since a Flame repped TC, any chance Lipinski or Morin make the squad?

I read an article today that Lipinski is great on FO's, has size and is always matched vs the opp top line. But he's born Dec 2024, so not sure if that counts?

Nevermind, JL is American....

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Been awhile since a Flame repped TC, any chance Lipinski or Morin make the squad?

I read an article today that Lipinski is great on FO's, has size and is always matched vs the opp top line. But he's born Dec 2024, so not sure if that counts?

Nevermind, JL is American....
Morin could, but for a player who would be bottom of the roster his style of play doesn’t lend towards taking one of the last few spots with how the rest of the team is shaping up.

DavidLamb

Nov 14, 2017
Let's rank the forward in terms of speed and skill for the purpose of matching up agains team USA (the most potent team). Any one with insight into these forwards in terms of speed and skill.
Please describe the player's abilities:

LW1: Pinelli, Rehkopf C1: Celebrini RW1: Barkey, Nadeau
LW2: Barlow, Cowan C2: Ritchie, Heidt, L. Misa, McKenna RW2: Wood
LW3: Howe RW3: Yager, Romani
RW4: Gauthier, Crystall

The current ranking is based on the players' performance during the last 3 months of NCAA and CHL replays and statistics. So, the upcoming Oct - Dec will be different.

I thought that USA had a slightly more skilled and faster forward group. So, HC needs to concentrate on the faster and more skilled forwards next December:

Pinelli Celebrini Nadeau
Barkey Heidt Wood
Cowan/Rehkopf Misa Yager
Barlow Ritchie Gauthier/Romani
Howe Mckenna Crystall

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Let's rank the forward in terms of speed and skill for the purpose of matching up agains team USA (the most potent team). Any one with insight into these forwards in terms of speed and skill.
Please describe the player's abilities:

LW1: Pinelli, Rehkopf C1: Celebrini RW1: Barkey, Nadeau
LW2: Barlow, Cowan C2: Ritchie, Heidt, L. Misa, McKenna RW2: Wood
LW3: Howe RW3: Yager, Romani
RW4: Gauthier, Crystall

The current ranking is based on the players' performance during the last 3 months of NCAA and CHL replays and statistics. So, the upcoming Oct - Dec will be different.

I thought that USA had a slightly more skilled and faster forward group. So, HC needs to concentrate on the faster and more skilled forwards next December:

Pinelli Celebrini Nadeau
Barkey Heidt Wood
Cowan/Rehkopf Misa Yager
Barlow Ritchie Gauthier/Romani
Howe Mckenna Crystall

This is pretty confusing to visualize but I don't understand how you came to the conclusion that Pinelli is near the top of any speed/skill rankings or a top line guy.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Why Caanda's left side is ptretty strong.

He might make it as an extra but has to be I'm not so sure about.
I was joking because the guy said everyone is gonna chime in and say their teams prospect should make it.

I think Gibson will be in an uphill battle to make it but it depends on how he starts the year too.

Reactions: wetcoast

Nucks2001

Jul 6, 2023
Riley Heidt being snubbed yet again. When will Canadians learn that skill and speed > grit in today’s game.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
What's annoying is that, because of the CHL transfer agreement and NHL GM's propensity to rush Canadian junior players, we are likely to be sweating whether guys like Easton Cowan and Carson Rehkopf (forget about Celebrini) will be released to play. Conversely, the USA will almost assuredly be returning two top 10 picks (and another who should've been drafted closer to that range) in their D+2 who could go 1-2-3 in NCAA scoring this year.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
What's annoying is that, because of the CHL transfer agreement and NHL GM's propensity to rush Canadian junior players, we are likely to be sweating whether guys like Easton Cowan and Carson Rehkopf (forget about Celebrini) will be released to play. Conversely, the USA will almost assuredly be returning two top 10 picks (and another who should've been drafted closer to that range) in their D+2 who could go 1-2-3 in NCAA scoring this year.
Yeah I mean I am of the belief that Cowan should go back next year…but it is definitely going to be a thing in camp. Definitely a calibre of prospect the Americans almost never lose to the NHL early.

Reactions: kyle44

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
Yeah I mean I am of the belief that Cowan should go back next year…but it is definitely going to be a thing in camp. Definitely a calibre of prospect the Americans almost never lose to the NHL early.
For sure. I meant no disrespect to Cowan and Rehkopf whatsoever, but those are guys that virtually no other country is worried about whether or not they will return at 19.

Last edited:

mrshootthepuck

Jun 30, 2023
McKenna will have a good chance at making the team. Built in chemistry with Lindstrom helps.

Following year him and Reschny would be a good line if both make it.

NaughtyNolanator

Mar 17, 2024
This is assuming Connor Bedard, Zachary Benson, and Macklin Celebrini are all in the NHL:

Riley Heidt - Brayden Yager - Andrew Cristall
Carson Rehkopf - Berkly Catton - Matthew Wood
Denver Barkey - Cayden Lindstrom - Easton Cowan
Colby Barlow - Michael Misa - Ethan Gauthier

Tanner Molendyk - Oliver Bonk
Sam Dickinson - Zayne Parekh
Caden Price - Lukas Dragicevic
Beau Akey - Carter Yakemchuk

Carson Bjarnason - Scott Ratzlaff - Gabriel D'Aigle

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
This is assuming Connor Bedard, Zachary Benson, and Macklin Celebrini are all in the NHL:

I like it. Well done.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

I think D’Aigle will have to improve a lot into next season to have a chance at making this team.

Reactions: Dominance

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I somewhat expect Canada to go back to picking big forwards for depth roles, as was the case in the tournaments preceding 2024. A lot of the big forwards who also project to be high picks will be 18 at the time rather than 19 but it won't surprise me to see multiple of Iginla, Greentree, Lindstrom, Sennecke, maybe McQueen etc. there. I also expect someone somewhat random like Barlow to make the NHL, since it's rarely just the superstars like Celebrini.

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
2025 WJC Early Shortlist.PNG

Reactions: Mathieukferland

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
No Michael Hage?
No, I don't think there will be more than 2-3 2006 or later born forwards on the team, so I think only the absolute highest-drafted 2006's will be on the team, so Lindstrom/Catton. McKenna is a special player in my opinion, and will play in his double-underage year, like Bedard/McDavid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad