WJC: 2025 Team Canada Roster Talk

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
We’ll be coming up from the States. Getting tickets to US games in Halifax was easy….but Canada was in the other bracket. I’m worried about this year. Any suggestions on the best way to get tickets to USA round robin games?

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
We’ll be coming up from the States. Getting tickets to US games in Halifax was easy….but Canada was in the other bracket. I’m worried about this year. Any suggestions on the best way to get tickets to USA round robin games?
You'll be fine - minus any Canadian game.

They'll be tons of U.S. game tickets on line.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
This is assuming Connor Bedard, Zachary Benson, and Macklin Celebrini are all in the NHL:

Riley Heidt - Brayden Yager - Andrew Cristall
Carson Rehkopf - Berkly Catton - Matthew Wood
Denver Barkey - Cayden Lindstrom - Easton Cowan
Colby Barlow - Michael Misa - Ethan Gauthier

Tanner Molendyk - Oliver Bonk
Sam Dickinson - Zayne Parekh
Caden Price - Lukas Dragicevic
Beau Akey - Carter Yakemchuk

Carson Bjarnason - Scott Ratzlaff - Gabriel D'Aigle
I think Étienne Morin ahead of Caden Price/Beau Akey

Morin is quite an easy choice for 3rd LHD imo

Then 3rd RHD is between Dragicevic, Akey and Yakemuchuk

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
No, I don't think there will be more than 2-3 2006 or later born forwards on the team, so I think only the absolute highest-drafted 2006's will be on the team, so Lindstrom/Catton. McKenna is a special player in my opinion, and will play in his double-underage year, like Bedard/McDavid.

Going strictly by Central Scouting, it looks like North Dakota-bound Sacha Boisvert (2006) will be a late first/early second round pick.

Is he left off the team as well?

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
Going strictly by Central Scouting, it looks like North Dakota-bound Sacha Boisvert (2006) will be a late first/early second round pick.

Is he left off the team as well?
Yes, I think it's quite unlikely that Boisvert makes the 2025 team. Of the draft eligible Canadian forwards born 2006 or later, I think only Catton and Lindstrom have a chance of making the team. Generally speaking, Hockey Canada likes to have a couple returnees, so I think they'll definitely bring some 2006-born players, but only a few, as they try to favor players that are in their final year of eligibility. Most of the players born in 2006 that get drafted this summer will be hoping to be on the 2026 team.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad