WJC: 2024 Slovakia Roster Talk

Pomee

Nov 26, 2006
Never underestimate the level of stupidity by Fenes as head coach. He is living off a single tourney result in HGC '21 because team Canada didn't take part and team USA had a bunch of random players. Otherwise he couldn't do anything even when he had Slaf or Nemec on the team.
You were right!
Finland : Slovakia 5:1 :banghead:

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
I think only Urban, Pekarcik came to play yesterday Radivojevic was also solid for his age. I also liked Dej and his energy on the forecheck.

The rest of the team big yikes.

Ozolynch

May 28, 2022
It was a very low-energy performance from us. That was most apparent when Finns easily spent time uninterrupted in the offensive zone with a bunch of dangerous cross-passes, whereas we had problem even with not turning the puck over whenever we crossed our blue line. I also really liked Radivojevic, I think Zlnka had a good game as well. But that first line...

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I think only Urban, Pekarcik came to play yesterday Radivojevic was also solid for his age. I also liked Dej and his energy on the forecheck.

The rest of the team big yikes.

im very intrigued by Pakarcik. Looking forward to following him

Reactions: Blueston

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Chromiak isn't on the official iihf roster - they still have room for one more, so are they holding out for one more or has he been cut?

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
A great start to the tournament (minus the first 10-15 minutes, of course).

Team showing character after a poor start to the game. The offense clicked. 2PP goals, 1 shorty, 1 at 4 on 4. I loved that we answered that 2nd Czech goal right away and didn't allow any comeback thoughts.

Petrovsky was great, so was Mesar. Strbak on the back end.

4th line did their job well.

Dvorsky maybe underwhelming, but I'm not worried, he'll get going for sure.

Radivojevic perhaps not quite ready for this level yet, but that's ok. We just need to shelter him a bit and let him gain some experience.

Gajan was solid.

Swiss tomorrow, can't underestimate them like we did last year.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Thoughts on Honzek?

I usually try to watch all the WJC games but I live in the west coast and most of Slovakia’s games have been at 3 am.

I thought he really struggled in Flames camp. But hard to judge 18 year olds too harshly. You can see the talent but I kinda get Ruzicka vibes. He leaves you wanting more.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Thoughts on Honzek?

I usually try to watch all the WJC games but I live in the west coast and most of Slovakia’s games have been at 3 am.

I thought he really struggled in Flames camp. But hard to judge 18 year olds too harshly. You can see the talent but I kinda get Ruzicka vibes. He leaves you wanting more.
Honzek has been slowed down by injuries, he is tall, but lanky, kinds of reminds me of a winger version of Kotkaniemi, although his skating is a bit better. He clearly has tools, great hands/reach, good shot, but he is a bit of a project since he struggles at times under pressure and will need to play at a higher pace. That said, once he fills out, could become a valuable middle 6. Will need time to develop and reach his full potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad