WJC: 2024 Slovakia Roster Talk

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Following first U20 tournament of the season. Assuming Molnar remains out of the national team rotation:

Pekarcik - Dvorsky - Mesar
Honzek - Misiak - Ciernik
Petrovsky - Repcik - Sykora
Zlnka - Suchy - Sotek

Kmec - Nemec
Natny - Strbak
Eperjesi - Pisoja
Radivojevic

Gajan
Elias
Urban

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Following first U20 tournament of the season. Assuming Molnar remains out of the national team rotation:

Zlnka - Suchy - Sotek

Kmec - Nemec
Natny - Strbak
Eperjesi - Pisoja
Radivojevic

Gajan
Elias
Urban

I think Molnar was already punished enough and should have been invited to this August tournament..

P. Repcik in my opinion was again our best forward / player.

A. Ciernik I don't know what he brings to the team he is not good defensively he is not physical and his offense in 5on5 is not better than Cedzo°s.. Sorry for being so negative but he was our second drafted forward in the team and the highest drafted by high margin so you expect more from these players..

R. Baran surprised in a good way

Reactions: Antiillafire

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Jenco have played 2 SHL games so far this season and been very good in J20 league. He is pushing for a spot on this team.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Jenco have played 2 SHL games so far this season and been very good in J20 league. He is pushing for a spot on this team.
I find him being on the team to pretty unlikely. He will be facing stiff competition for a winger spot. And he is not a guy for a fourth line role, he’s a skill player.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
So to summarize a bit 2 months before the WJC: Honzek is injured, Dvorsky has 0 poins in 10 games and Mesar is eating popcorn in the stands at the Laval Rocket games. This, for many folks is our first line.

Not a very good start to the season, though I am sure they will turn it around

Reactions: Czechboy

Mikey09

Mar 28, 2013
Bratislava

Zlnka - Suchy - Sotek

Kmec - Nemec
Natny - Strbak
Eperjesi - Pisoja
Radivojevic

Gajan
Elias
Urban
Great selection 👍with a really few exceptions it is almost completely same line up as i have been thinking

Gajan
Urban
Gadzhiev

Natny - Strbak
Mosko - Kmec
Eperjesi - Radivojevic
Pisoja - Barcik

Honzek - Repcik - Ciernik
Petrovsky - Misiak - Sykora
Jencko - Suchy - Zlnka

Extra 1D+2F:
Cajkovic/Baran
Molnar?/Dej/Maruna/Sotek

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Great selection 👍with a really few exceptions it is almost completely same line up as i have been thinking

Gajan
Urban
Gadzhiev

Natny - Strbak
Mosko - Kmec
Eperjesi - Radivojevic
Pisoja - Barcik

Honzek - Repcik - Ciernik
Petrovsky - Misiak - Sykora
Jencko - Suchy - Zlnka

Extra 1D+2F:
Cajkovic/Baran
Molnar?/Dej/Maruna/Sotek
I don’t think Repcik is a #1 C on this team even though every time he puts on NT jersey he is a beast. This upcoming tournament will reveal potential defensemen more so than forwards.

I still see the same forwards as what I posted, although I believe Molnar would be an absolute lock for the team if he could play. Jencko isn’t suited for 4th line role, Sotek is better 2 way player and has more of a physical element that is needed.

I am leaning towards Nemec being there if he’s still in the AHL, he’s the heart of the team and I think he’d be pretty angry if he wasn’t allowed to go. Mosko has been now a healthy scratch for Cornell, I don’t know how he’s played so far. Strbak and Natny are locks and I think Pisoja should be too. Radivojevic will have to show coaches next weekend that he can defend top end U20 players. I also like Baran on the third pair. Zabka will probably be there, but I would take him only for injury depth.

Mikey09

Mar 28, 2013
Bratislava
I don’t think Repcik is a #1 C on this team even though every time he puts on NT jersey he is a beast. This upcoming tournament will reveal potential defensemen more so than forwards.

I still see the same forwards as what I posted, although I believe Molnar would be an absolute lock for the team if he could play. Jencko isn’t suited for 4th line role, Sotek is better 2 way player and has more of a physical element that is needed.

I am leaning towards Nemec being there if he’s still in the AHL, he’s the heart of the team and I think he’d be pretty angry if he wasn’t allowed to go. Mosko has been now a healthy scratch for Cornell, I don’t know how he’s played so far. Strbak and Natny are locks and I think Pisoja should be too. Radivojevic will have to show coaches next weekend that he can defend top end U20 players. I also like Baran on the third pair. Zabka will probably be there, but I would take him only for injury depth.
I 100% agree with Repcik, he is not your typical 1st C, i was just thinking about balanced first 3 forward lines, not in particular order, not like typical 1st, 2nd and 3rd, but more like 3 strong lines on the same level and add someone who can PK (Suchy) to the 4th line, so will also have 4 really good penalty killers in Suchy, Repcik, Petrovsky and Sykora. Molnar would be also a lock in my opinion (replacing Sykora in 3rd and Sykora to 4th instead of Jencko), unfortunately, i just dont think he will be going.

About Nemec, i hope he will be available for WC, he should be there if he will be still in the Ahl. But in case he will not be able to go, this team will be missing puck moving D who can control play and also distribute puck and dictate play on PP. Radivojevic is showing that he is capable of doing exactly this in Swedish U20, in a league from where quite a lot of players will be in Swedens NT. I can see him making the team in case Nemec will not be available, or as 9th D if Nemec will be going. Mosko was healthy scratch in 2 games in NCAA, but i still see him as a much better choice then Baran who is playing “just” BCHL, a league a tier below USHL. Dont take me wrong, i consider Baran a pretty good D and prospect, i just rank Mosko higher right now, but i definitely can imagine defense without him anyway, i can see something like Natny, Pisoja, Eperjesi and Cajkovic/Baran on the left. There is a no way they are taking Zabka, i love his physical play but he is a weakness defensively.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
So to summarize a bit 2 months before the WJC: Honzek is injured, Dvorsky has 0 poins in 10 games and Mesar is eating popcorn in the stands at the Laval Rocket games. This, for many folks is our first line.

Not a very good start to the season, though I am sure they will turn it around
By the way, are you finally on the same page with reality and me regarding Slafkovsky?

• Haha
Reactions: kudla and Eye of Ra

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Vojtech is the highest scoring u20 in slovakia leauge and is gritty, should atleast be on the 4th line

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
By the way, are you finally on the same page with reality and me regarding Slafkovsky?
1700259642669.png

Yeah, we probably are not on the same page with reality :D

And Slaf is doing more or less how I expected. He will take some time. Eventually he will be a very good player for Montreal. If not, I'll admit being wrong

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
1700416934257.png

I always enjoy bust talk for 19 year olds playing in the NHL.

Most goals
Most points
Most games played

Obvoiusly, Cooley is at a higher .ppg clip and may catch him soon!
Mintyukov has been awesome!
Nemec will be walking into a very good situation whenever he arrives

Way too early to say anything. A good comparable for Slav may be Joe Thornton

1700417094944.png

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
3 points in 3 games since you posted this, nice. Your jinxing doing wonders just like during the Olympics.

P.S. Are we on the same page regarding Merzlikins yet or are we still waiting for him to inevitably become great again?
That is very impressive, he's almost on Girgensons' scoring pace, future HOF right there.

• Haha
Reactions: Eye of Ra

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Draisaitl was scoring at a nearly 50% higher rate in his first 57 games in the league.
So that's what, 5 more points? :laugh:

That's less than goals Slaf scored in the Olympics, that I heard count for nothing :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
Such a shame what happened to Pobezal. He was maybe our best forward at the 5 nations tournament. Fenes used him in all situations, including PK. Hes like better version of Markus Suchy who is injured too btw

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
That is very impressive, he's almost on Girgensons' scoring pace, future HOF right there.
Continue with that, it seems to be helping the players you are criticizing.

When it comes to Slaf, he could easily have additional at least 5 points at this time. He is creating relatively lot of opportunities for his teammates.
We can make any judgments in 2-3 years. For now we can only believe that Martin St. Louis and his team knows what they are doing. And do not forget he did not start playing PP from the beginning. We don't know what were the roles he should be playing, there is lot of pressure on 19 years player in such market like Montreal where hockey is religion etc. etc. so let's wait some time to make any judgment

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Continue with that, it seems to be helping the players you are criticizing.

When it comes to Slaf, he could easily have additional at least 5 points at this time. He is creating relatively lot of opportunities for his teammates.
We can make any judgments in 2-3 years. For now we can only believe that Martin St. Louis and his team knows what they are doing. And do not forget he did not start playing PP from the beginning. We don't know what were the roles he should be playing, there is lot of pressure on 19 years player in such market like Montreal where hockey is religion etc. etc. so let's wait some time to make any judgment
Slafkovsky was extremely overrated and apparently still is by Slovakian fans. He's still a nice prospect if we leave out all the unrealistic expectations that have been placed on him due to him being the 1st pick, which should have never happened, by the way. If there's anyone I'm criticizing it's the scouts and the fans for being unreasonable in their analysis.

He will be a major pro player for his entire career and he will contribute to the Slovakian national team in the future.

As of now he's playing in a sheltered top 6 role with a lot of O zone starts, which is something that is only happening due to him being a prospect, i.e., it's not based on merit. That's not going to continue for 2 or 3 years if he doesn't increase his production substantially.

He was told to be a star forward in a power forward's body, but I'm tilting towards him turning into a regular bottom 6 power forward type of player with an offensive touch.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Slafkovsky was extremely overrated and apparently still is by Slovakian fans. He's still a nice prospect if we leave out all the unrealistic expectations that have been placed on him due to him being the 1st pick, which should have never happened, by the way. If there's anyone I'm criticizing it's the scouts and the fans for being unreasonable in their analysis.

He will be a major pro player for his entire career and he will contribute to the Slovakian national team in the future.

As of now he's playing in a sheltered top 6 role with a lot of O zone starts, which is something that is only happening due to him being a prospect, i.e., it's not based on merit. That's not going to continue for 2 or 3 years if he doesn't increase his production substantially.

He was told to be a star forward in a power forward's body, but I'm tilting towards him turning into a regular bottom 6 power forward type of player with an offensive touch.
Why are you even posting on the Slovak thread if you are going to offer nothing but negative responses on the Slovak team and our players?

Stick to the Latvian thread or the predictions thread if you want to talk about this team being relegated or whatever as you are offering NOTHING TO CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION ON WHAT THE SLOVAK 2024 WORLD JUNIOR TEAM WILL LOOK LIKE, WHICH SLAFKOVSKY WILL NOT BE APART OF.

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
So Radivojevic makes the roster.

Pobezal is out because of injury

Molnar is out? Based on how Fenes answered that question.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad