WJC: 2024 Slovakia Roster Talk

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Any chance Montreal releases Slafkovsky to play in this tournament?
In the latest interview Kent Hughes (Probably taken 2 weeks ago) said that nothing is decided yet.

But i doubt it that they will let him go.
No, its also seems like he doesn't wanna play at the WJC and wants to focus on his NHL career. He's playing top 6, PP. He's happy with that i guess.

I guess you are referring to this tweet: “I don’t think [Juraj Slafkovsky] has any interest in going to the World Juniors for those of you wondering about it.” - Arpon Basu on The Athletic live Habs chat.

What does it even mean? Is this reporter guessing? Or did he get some hints from Slafkovsky in an interview?

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Slaf is probably too good for this now. He better be in Prague in spring though!

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
No, its also seems like he doesn't wanna play at the WJC and wants to focus on his NHL career. He's playing top 6, PP. He's happy with that i guess.
The last few games he looked better, too, so if there was a consideration by the organization to send him, it's likely fading, if not gone.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Will the Slovakian team be complete apart from Slaf? Looks like the strongest team in.. I don't know how many years, maybe in history?

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Dammit no Molnar and looking highly likely no Nemec.

I would like:
Pekarcik - Dvorsky - Mesar
Honzek - Misiak - Ciernik
Sykora - Repcik - Petrovsky
Zlnka - Suchy - Sotek

Natny - Strbak
Baran - Kmec
Pisoja - Radivojevic
Zabka - Chromiak

Zabka making even the preliminary roster is insane to me. Guys like Cajkovic deserve it way more. Come on.

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
Will the Slovakian team be complete apart from Slaf? Looks like the strongest team in.. I don't know how many years, maybe in history?
Offense, even without Slaf is really good. Scoring goals shouldn't be a problem. Goalies also really good. We finally have a true no.1 goalie in Gajan. But defense, especially without Nemec is questionable imo

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018

I would like:
Zlnka - Suchy - Sotek

Natny - Strbak
Baran - Kmec
Pisoja - Radivojevic
Zabka - Chromiak

Zabka making even the preliminary roster is insane to me. Guys like Cajkovic deserve it way more. Come on.
No Molnár. I Can live with that. He's not the same player since that HGC 2021. I watched few Erie games this season and i am little bit disappointed. A player like Jencko can currently bring as much or more to the table. He's with that wjac Team, Fenes should give him a chance.

Reactions: Antiillafire

McCullogh

Feb 4, 2006
Paris
Wow, really nice that a player born in 2007 made the first preliminary squad. Guess he is not really a contender for a spot in the final roster though?

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto

I would like:
Zlnka - Suchy - Sotek

Natny - Strbak
Baran - Kmec
Pisoja - Radivojevic
Zabka - Chromiak

Edit: missed seeing Pekarcik on there. Guessing Gajan will be a star again this year.

Imagine adding Slafkovsky and Nemec?

Reactions: Antiillafire

Jakub97

Jun 5, 2023
We can only imagine what result could squad with Nemec and Slafkovský achieve.

Back to reality:

5-6p out of games with SUI, NOR are simply needed. Anything else is unacceptable.

The games against the USA and CZE will hopefully generate some points as well. We like to play against USA ´cause USA has a tendency to underestimate us.

Games against Czechs are always fun. There can not be better boost from the start of the tournament then the win against our brothers.

I dare to say that we will end up with 7-9 points in the end of the preliminary round, which might be enough for the second spot in the group.

I really want to believe in that, however, it will be decided on the ice.

I also wish for a HUGE win against Canada. I still carry that bitterness from the previous championship.

Anyway, I will take the flight on 28th from Bergen to Göteborg to see our game against Norway on 29th, and since I live in Norway for 4 years it will be really special.

Meanwhile, my brother will take the flight from Kraków to Göteborg.

So let's hope for the best and let's se where we can get this year!

Last edited:

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Of course, the best in history.

Its questionable. For example, if you look to the roster for example in 1999/2000, there was also a great team. But you should move yourself to the year 1999 and dont look on it from today perspective.

Staňa, Križan, Mezei, Vydarený, Kudroč, Starosta, Gáborík, Marcel Hossa, Radivojevič, Zálešák, Pištek, Mrena, Kukumberg, Surový, Tomáš Kopecký...​

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad