WJC: 2024 Slovakia Roster Talk

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
So not that it wasn't already clear, but in the newest interview Nemec basically confirmed that he won't join our team.

Welp, I guess that's it for our gold medal aspirations :sarcasm:

Reactions: Czechboy

Ozolynch

May 28, 2022
The offense will be stacked, even without Slaf and Nemec (who is a defenseman but brings a lot of offense)

Gajan in goal, if he plays anything like last year, we are more than ok there.

Defense is a big question mark though.
The same has been said about the A-team at 2023 World Championships and look how that turned out. At the end the defense was solid but the offense was underwhelming.

Sure, here the difference in quality is much steeper but i believe someone will surprise us like Funtek last year

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
The same has been said about the A-team at 2023 World Championships and look how that turned out. At the end the defense was solid but the offense was underwhelming.

Sure, here the difference in quality is much steeper but i believe someone will surprise us like Funtek last year
well I did say it's a question mark. So yeah, I hope they will surprise us.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Kmec, Strbak and Natny were all good at the WJC last year and have progressed since then. The problem is that outside of those 3, it’s very shaky. Luka is good in the o-zone but will struggle in the D zone against players 3 years older than him.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
No Slaf or Nemec. Well, what can I tell you… this is what happens when Slovakia starts creating elite players that go top two in the draft. Really, this is your own fault. ;)

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
You guys are my sleeper this year. You came so close to outing Canada in QF last year and I think you will be a royal pain in the ass in the quarters this year.

Not looking forward to our derby on boxing day at all tbh.
Why?:huh: I, on the other hand, am very much looking forward to it:laugh:

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Lines and PPs from the camp Source: Marian Michalovsky

Honzek - Repcik - Mesar
Misiak :huh:- Dvorsky - Ciernik
Sykora - Petrovsky - Zlnka
Pekarcik :huh: - Suchy - Sotek
Masnica - Dej - Kukumberg
Cisar

Baran - Strbak
Pisoja - Kmec
Natny - Radivojevic
Zabka - Chromiak
Mosko

:scool: PP1: Strbak - Mesar - Petrovsky - Honzek - Repcik
:sgrin: PP2: Radivojevic (Kmec) - Ciernik, Misiak, Dvorsky, Sykora

Last edited:

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
You guys are my sleeper this year. You came so close to outing Canada in QF last year and I think you will be a royal pain in the ass in the quarters this year.

Not looking forward to our derby on boxing day at all tbh.
I am looking to the CZE-SVK game a lot. It will be a some hight quality hockey for sure. Above all I am happy that both Slovakia and Czechia rosters are looking good this year and hopefully both can make some serious impact once again, like in the good old times?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I am looking to the CZE-SVK game a lot. It will be a some hight quality hockey for sure. Above all I am happy that both Slovakia and Czechia rosters are looking good this year and hopefully both can make some serious impact once again, like in the good old times?
6am startfor me.lol

everything else I agree with

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia

Honzek - Repcik - Mesar
Cisar

Baran - Strbak
Pisoja - Kmec
Natny - Radivojevic
Zabka - Chromiak
Mosko

We will see how long that lasts, but I also don’t understand that. First line I get but I think Pekarcik deserves to be on a scoring line

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
This team is flying under the radar and likely will throughout the tournament as they’re not in the Canada group.
Never seen so many drafted players for Slovaks on 1 team.
Very excited for them. They will likely surprise a lot of people.
Could easily beat us Czechs on Boxing Day.

Only red flag is the defence. I don’t know a lot about them, but from what I know and have read, it may be their ultimate downfall.

This has happened to Czechs many times over the years. Great forward group, great goalie, but below average defence and we got killed every time.
Hopefully this isn’t the case for Slovaks!

Wish you guys all the best! See you in Boxing Day! 🏒

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Honzek - Repcik - Mesar
Cisar

Baran - Strbak
Pisoja - Kmec
Natny - Radivojevic
Zabka - Chromiak
Mosko

Sykora was still in the AHL, he just left yesterday, how was he playing on the 3rd line at camp lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Goodman68

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
No Slaf or Nemec. Well, what can I tell you… this is what happens when Slovakia starts creating elite players that go top two in the draft. Really, this is your own fault. ;)
Slaf should definitely join there. Needs this way more to get his Mojo back than Poitras but Matt is still going. Teräväinen is good example of that, he wasn't on NHL yet but great WJC turned him on fire and year later he was top scorer in Stanley cup finals. All started from that confidence boost

Reactions: mazmin and Statsy

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Slaf should definitely join there. Needs this way more to get his Mojo back than Poitras but Matt is still going. Teräväinen is good example of that, he wasn't on NHL yet but great WJC turned him on fire and year later he was top scorer in Stanley cup finals. All started from that confidence boost
Slaf has been playing real good for the Habs the last 12 games or so, he is just getting his moxie going, he is right where he should be at this point in his career.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Never underestimate the level of stupidity by Fenes as head coach. He is living off a single tourney result in HGC '21 because team Canada didn't take part and team USA had a bunch of random players. Otherwise he couldn't do anything even when he had Slaf or Nemec on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00