Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season: Free Agency, Draft Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
This guy might be absolutely right, but there are other guys with really good track records who love Maye as the obvious 2. Some have him as a 1B.
Understood. I'm just saying that McCarthy hasn't been a late riser in the minds of everyone.

It probably depends on if you value ceiling or floor more.

Maye's got the higher ceiling, but I think McCarthy's got the higher floor.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Understood. I'm just saying that McCarthy hasn't been a late riser in the minds of everyone.

This is how I see it. But unless we get a kings random for #3 and then are able to get JJ later, I don't see the Pats not picking Maye at 3. Even though I do think JJ is going to be good.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Steelers signing Cordy P the day the kickoff is revived is a great move

It’s a shame he played the wrong position for most of his career. I remember when the Pats were desperate and turned to him at RB. I was like why the f*** haven’t we been doing this more often? Falcons caught on

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

This is really good.

Perfect timing too, with Kraft trying to back away from this series now like the snake he is.
Saw those comments, that guys got some nerve

Immediately chuckled and said f*** off

Reactions: McGarnagle

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada

I agree with you.
Maye checks more boxes for me vs McCarthy at this time.
The fact that Michigan was a run dominant team during his tenure, worries me as he does not have as much experience throwing the ball vs Maye.
Check McCarthy's stats regarding how many TD's he threw last year against ranked teams....it will frighten you.
Hard pass on taking him / Penix and Nix should have a better career vs JJ.
I put JJ behind MP and BN on my draft list along with the Big 3.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
I am so out on Jayden Daniels.

That's a funky looking elbow. Agreed though, i don't even think Daniels has that high of a ceiling and his red flags feel largely ignored by the media. If Daniels was a guy they liked, they probably should have flipped that 6th round pick they got for Mac to the Bears for Fields.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
I just wanted to chime in to say that despite the helium you’ll still find me hospitalized if they take McCarthy at 3
There isn't too much they could do at #3 that would upset me.

There's more than one way to build a team, so a trade down would be perfectly fine, in my opinion.

Daniels, Maye, and McCarthy all have some intriguing traits, they've all got some qualities that make me nervous, none of them have any huge red flags in my mind, and I'm not remotely qualified to judge quarterback prospects much beyond "Wow, he can throw the ball really far."

98% chance that no matter what happens on draft night, my reaction will be something close to, "Huh... that's interesting. Let's see how it works out."

Reactions: CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad