2024 MMA General Discussion and Fight Announcements

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
You're right that it would shine a light on it, but is that really a bad thing? It's not a fun conversation, sure, but these guys should be exposed. Whether the UFC knows that and is trying to avoid it is a fair question, though. Maybe they think if he's champ and/or Trump gets back into office that they would be able to get him into the country in the future.

Just my guess, but it's probably not a "He's not allowed in. Period. End of story." The UFC or Chimaev himself can probably appeal that decision and they were trying to get him cleared for 300, but ultimately couldn't.

Also, regarding Chimaev......👀

I'm hesitant to weigh in on stuff like this regarding Khamzat and his political connections because I don't think we can really tell the extent to which he has those connections voluntarily or because it would be incredibly stupid and downright dangerous not to cultivate those connections. He has family and friends over there so I don't think he can really just say no to these people. Same with Khabib to a certain extent.

You know what was absolutely ridiculous though? Gaethje, Usman and Cejudo flying over to Chechnya to be props for a photo opportunity for a warlord. Those guys have no connection over there, nothing at stake, they just did it because their manager has far too much influence over them apparently. That was extremely strange to me.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I'm hesitant to weigh in on stuff like this regarding Khamzat and his political connections because I don't think we can really tell the extent to which he has those connections voluntarily or because it would be incredibly stupid and downright dangerous not to cultivate those connections. He has family and friends over there so I don't think he can really just say no to these people. Same with Khabib to a certain extent.

You know what was absolutely ridiculous though? Gaethje, Usman and Cejudo flying over to Chechnya to be props for a photo opportunity for a warlord. Those guys have no connection over there, nothing at stake, they just did it because their manager has far too much influence over them apparently. That was extremely strange to me.
That's fair. Although, I've always felt Khabib kept it all at an arms distance whereas Chimaev is embracing it with both arms. I mean, there's probably a reason why Khabib was allowed into the US and Chimaev isn't.

Agreed. There's no excuse for the US guys to be doing it other than selling their soul for money.

Reactions: Chaels Arms and CDJ

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So since becoming champ Topuria has called out McGregor, Islam, O'Malley, Khabib, and Canelo? Do I have that right?

In the end I don't think it'll matter and he'll fight one of the guys at 145 but come on man. Haha.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Billy Q says his wife is due 2 weeks later so he can't fight in AC and that card is dog crap so it can't afford to lose Landwehr otherwise them too fighting makes too much sense.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Billy Q says his wife is due 2 weeks later so he can't fight in AC and that card is dog crap so it can't afford to lose Landwehr otherwise them too fighting makes too much sense.

I know Steve Garcia wanted Landwehr next. That would be a great fill in

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

bov

Nov 13, 2010
In hindsight, he shouldn't have even been in the ring with Joshua the way that played out. Dead man walking after the 2nd KD, would've liked to see that stopped somehow before the inevitable KO.

Reactions: Mickey Marner

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
In hindsight, he shouldn't have even been in the ring with Joshua the way that played out. Dead man walking after the 2nd KD, would've liked to see that stopped somehow before the inevitable KO.
Most fighters would have probably stayed down after the second knockdown. His durability didn't do him any favors.

Also goes to show you how truly anyone can be knocked out.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
That guy who smoked Bader looks dangerous, could actually be a good fight.
If Francis wants to wrestle like he did against Gane he can beat him pretty easily. Just depends on what he wants to do. If he wants to stand and bang with him I do not recommend it, especially after getting viciously KO’d like this. He’s not young either. Not super old for heavyweight, but definitely not young

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Agreed. He was very clearly out of it after the second knockdown. Blank stare, hands down. Definitely should’ve been stopped there.

Reactions: CDJ

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
There any good books or documentaries on the UFC/MMA out there?
I read The Fighter's Mind by Sam Sheridan a long time ago. I remember really liking it, hopefully it holds up.

I haven't seen any documentaries I really liked, but I hear The Smashing Machine is really good. I want to watch it before the movie comes out at least.

If you find anything good let me know!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad