2024 MMA General Discussion and Fight Announcements

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Billy Q announced he is now facing the returning Youssef Zalal. Zalal has finished 3 fights in the 1st round since leaving the UFC and has also won a boxing and kickboxing match. Should be a fun matchup

Reactions: Taytro

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Mark Coleman is in the hospital for smoke inhalation after rescuing his parents from a burning building and going back in for the dog before passing out. Looks to be in really rough shape from the pics going around

T’s and P’s to the Hammer

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Good for them, I guess, but $80?

I rewatched their MMA fight today. It's as bad for Nate as I remembered, but a lot of the damage was from kicks, elbows, and G&P. The punches were a little more even, but the difference is that Masvidal has the power to hurt Nate. Not sure that Nate has the power to hurt Masvidal. I imagine Masvidal will be like a -300 favorite or something.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I wouldn't have interest in that fight in MMA, let alone in boxing. That's coming from one of Nate's bigger fans on this board.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Mark Coleman is in the hospital for smoke inhalation after rescuing his parents from a burning building and going back in for the dog before passing out. Looks to be in really rough shape from the pics going around

T’s and P’s to the Hammer
Just saw a post from TSN, he is now awake and he was embracing his family. Love to see that.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
That card is dookie anyway. Even with a solid replacement, it's still not going to be good.

Wasn't Vettori one of the meatheads that went crazy any time his opponent pulled out?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Sure why not

I’m sure Allen wants that one back. That camp might have a read on him though, I know Strickland and Curtis both beat him already

Reactions: Taytro

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Why are they matching him up with the #10 flyweight guy who hasnt beaten anyone relevant.
Poor list of options and they're desperate to have Pantoja fight on 301 since they had to put Pereira on 300. Pantoja said last week that he saw Mokaev and Erceg as the most worthy options for 301.

1. Royval - fought last month, think he's injured? lost to Pantoja twice including a few months ago
2. Moreno - lost to Pantoja 3x, lost last month
3. Albazi - neck injury
4. Kara-France - coming off a L
5. Nicolau - coming off a L, rebooked against Kape
6. Kape - rebooked against Nicolau, not getting a title shot after missing weight
7. Mokaev - only other feasible option, guess they want him to develop a bit more
8. Perez - coming off an L
9. Elliott - booked against Taira, lost to Mokaev 2 fights ago

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

It was either gonna be him or Mokaev and I think Erceg is more prepared to fight Pantoja

He just did an interview with Luke Thomas where he said anybody/anywhere/anytime and that he’d take the title fight if offered.

Really good fighter, it wouldn’t shock me if he beats Pantoja

Reactions: Bunk Moreland

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad