2024 MMA General Discussion and Fight Announcements

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I have Max and didn't have showtime so this works for me lol
I only have everything included in the Disney bundle so I was hoping they would just join PFL on ESPN+ or Hulu, I don't watch tv at all, or movies outside of the theater so I really only subscribe to this stuff for combat sports and doubt I will get a Max sub for Bellator alone

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
From having a little bit of experience in this industry people tend to forget that in these class action lawsuits the plaintiff's attorneys really are the ones making all the decisions. And they don't care one iota about changing the sport. They want the pay day. If they can get the payday and walk away without having to go through a trial and take risk that's what will happen. It's extremely rare you get plaintiff's attorneys in the class action world who truly want to effectuate change. Dana, TKO and their attorneys knew this the entire time which is why they never seemed at all concerned about this.

There's a reason why the medical establishment in NY state, for example, campaigned extremely hard to create a sliding scale of percentages payable to plaintiff's attorneys in medical malpractice cases in NY state. Generally, in New York plaintiff's attorneys collect 33% across the board regardless of what the total settlement amount is. In medical malpractice cases though that percentage goes down significantly after the first million and continues to go down the higher the settlement amount. Why did doctors fight so hard for this? Because they recognized that most plaintiff's lawyers aren't going to want to put in the work for a diminishing return and will convince their clients to settle at the lower amounts.

Just like in most class actions the lawyers will be the ones who benefit and the class members will all get a few bucks and most will feel like they won because they got a check in the mail without having to do much.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I’m not sure if Max’s situation was caused by drugs but I’m almost certain McGregor’s is

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Renato Moicano's MMA Hour interview is fascinating and hilarious. Dude is talking about Austrian economic theory and the Sherman anti-trust act.

• Haha
Reactions: CDJ

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Murphy vs Barboza is a great unexpected matchup. It's a shame about Murphy's past health/injury issues because it may have taken such a toll that he can't reach his true ceiling, but this guy is still really talented nonetheless.

Well done by the matchmakers on this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad