2023 Trade Deadline (03/03/23 3PM EST)

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
FWIW I listened to Portzline's latest podcast:

1. Said Gavrikov is going to be traded soon (no shocker, obviously)
2. Said Korpi is going to be traded too. Expects a 4th or 5th in return.
3. Said he has heard Roslovic, Laine (lol), and Peeke were other names he's heard that are out there. Said he was surprised to hear about Peeke.
4. Thinks they will swing hard for defensive upgrades next year to "bridge the gap" between the current D and the upcoming D (Jiricek, Mateychuk, Celeumens, Svozil). Could see them trying to add one top 4 D and one bottom pair guy (If they don't think Jiricek is ready for the NHL)
5. Thinks they will send down Sillinger and other young guys the day after the trade deadline. Both for the paper move aspect to make them playoff eligible for the AHL, and perhaps to stay for the remainder of the year.
6. Says Elvis-Tarasov is the planned tandem for next year.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

3. Said he has heard Roslovic, Laine (lol), and Peeke were other names he's heard that are out there. Said he was surprised to hear about Peeke.
4. Thinks they will swing hard for defensive upgrades next year to "bridge the gap" between the current D and the upcoming D (Jiricek, Mateychuk, Celeumens, Svozil). Could see them trying to add one top 4 D and one bottom pair guy (If they don't think Jiricek is ready for the NHL)
5. Thinks they will send down Sillinger and other young guys the day after the trade deadline. Both for the paper move aspect to make them playoff eligible for the AHL, and perhaps to stay for the remainder of the year.
No major surprises there. Now let's see how it all actually plays out.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

It sounded to me more like he was just explaining the obvious course of action given the contracts, not actually reporting the FOs plan. That's a big difference that reporters often elide over!

On Peeke I'm not surprised that there is interest in a young shutdown guy that can shield offensive D. But you'd think we need him for that same reason.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

Porty has heard Laine to be out every time. :sarcasm: Of course it doesn't mean that Patrik can't be traded. Especially after Gaudreau signing. The problem can be his contract.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
For me this is how I see our deadline day outlook:

Untouchable: Gaudreau, Johnson, Marchenko, Jenner

100% Traded: Gavrikov, Korpisalo, Nyquist

Trade Bait (guys you're probably shopping to be traded but could be kept too): Robinson, Peeke/Boqvist, Olivier, Bemstrom, Foudy, Roslovic

Guys you're not looking to move but could listen: Peeke/Boqvist, Blankenburg, Tarasov, Chinakhov, Sillinger, Laine

No Trade Market: Kuraly, Gudbranson, Elvis, Pederson, Bayreuther

Injured: Werenski, Bean, Voracek, Meyer, Danforth

Last edited:
Reactions: CBJx614

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite

Untouchable: Gaudreau, Johnson, Marchenko

Trade Bait (guys you're probably shopping to be traded but could be kept too): Robinson, Peeke/Boqvist, Olivier, Bemstrom, Foudy

Guys you're not looking to move but could listen: Peeke/Boqvist, Blankenburg, Tarasov, Chinakhov, Sillinger, Laine

Add Roslovic to trade bait

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

Untouchable: Gaudreau, Johnson, Marchenko

Trade Bait (guys you're probably shopping to be traded but could be kept too): Robinson, Peeke/Boqvist, Olivier, Bemstrom, Foudy, Roslovic

If Porty said (again) Laine will be traded, I think he should be in "Trade Bait" group. Also I think lot of teams interested in Kuraly.

Reactions: majormajor

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
If Porty said (again) Laine will be traded, I think he should be in "Trade Bait" group. Also I think lot of teams interested in Kuraly.
Porty just said he's heard his name out there. Not that we're attempting to trade him.

But Laine's name has been out there for 3 seasons now in Porty world, so.

Even if thats the case, like Karlsson, that money is way too hard to move in season. It would be a summer move.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Porty just said he's heard his name out there. Not that we're attempting to trade him.

But Laine's name has been out there for 3 seasons now in Porty world, so.

Even if thats the case, like Karlsson, that money is way too hard to move in season. It would be a summer move.
Btw, you forgot Jenner, I think he's among untouchable.
---
My bad translate.

Reactions: Kegs

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Peeke being available and number 4 being a thing doesn’t make sense.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
From Toronto's side, I'm definitely really interested in Kuraly to fully shore up our bottom six.

How's his game looked this year?

Reactions: VT

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
From Toronto's side, I'm definitely really interested in Kuraly to fully shore up our bottom six.

How's his game looked this year?
He's fine but I don't see any way possible you make that cap space. Probably easier to find a similar player on the rental market

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
depends on if Gavi is extended prior to the trade but if it is boston.. I could see

Gavi

for

Mason Lohrei
2023 1st round pick
2024 3rd round pick

just a hunch.
lohrei has ties to columbus as he plays for the bucks. defenseman.

Last edited:

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
depends on if Gavi is extended prior to the trade but if it is boston.. I could see

Gavi

for

Mason Lohrei
2023 1st round pick
2024 3rd round pick

just a hunch.
lohrei has ties to columbus as he plays for the bucks. former first round pick. defenseman.
Holy haul Batman. gav must be elite.

Lohrei is a second round pick

Reactions: TCB

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

Gavi

for

Mason Lohrei
2023 1st round pick
2024 3rd round pick

just a hunch.
lohrei has ties to columbus as he plays for the bucks. former first round pick. defenseman.
yeah I don't think the jackets are getting two (basically) first round picks for Gavrikov.

I think it'll just be the 2023 first and maybe a third or fourth.

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio

Gavi

for

Mason Lohrei
2023 1st round pick
2024 3rd round pick

just a hunch.
He wasn’t a 1st round pick - he was picked 58th overall in 2020. He was unranked going into his draft year.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
What do you guys think the price would be for Ottawa to acquire both Peeke and Korpisalo?

Sens have been playing very well lately and are making a late push for the wildcard, so both of those guys would help. Peeke would also be useful heading into next year, and I bet they'd be interested in extending Korpisalo.

Only non-roster pieces that I doubt they'd move are this year's 1st and Tyler Kleven.

Other than that, Ottawa has 3 2nds over the next two years and prospects like Lassi Thomson, Jacob Bernard-Docker, Egor Sokolov, Roby Jarventie, etc.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
What do you guys think the price would be for Ottawa to acquire both Peeke and Korpisalo?

Sens have been playing very well lately and are making a late push for the wildcard, so both of those guys would help. Peeke would also be useful heading into next year, and I bet they'd be interested in extending Korpisalo.

Only non-roster pieces that I doubt they'd move are this year's 1st and Tyler Kleven.

Other than that, Ottawa has 3 2nds over the next two years and prospects like Lassi Thomson, Jacob Bernard-Docker, Egor Sokolov, Roby Jarventie, etc.
Grieg

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
I’m all in on the ‘explore options and trade laine’ train. been on it for awhile too.

one of, if not the most one demonsional player ever to don Union and Blue.

Reactions: thebus88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad