2023 Trade Deadline (03/03/23 3PM EST)

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
He's already in the AHL and he's exempt through this year. Next year he will require waivers to go to the AHL, however, I don't see him not in the NHL next year.
That's right. But to him we have to make a decision now, what to do with one of the pair Merzlikins - Korpisalo. Because if Elvis's play is justified by the toy and the death of his close friend, which is logical, no pretension, Korpi's injuries, even before last season, let alone last season, must also be taken into account. And if we have Elvis/Korpi pairing next season as well, we could lose Daniil.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
That's right. But to him we have to make a decision now, what to do with one of the pair Merzlikins - Korpisalo. Because if Elvis's play is justified by the toy and the death of his close friend, which is logical, no pretension, Korpi's injuries, even before last season, let alone last season, must also be taken into account. And if we have Elvis/Korpi pairing next season as well, we could lose Daniil.
i imagine the plan here involves having tarasov in the nhl next year regardless.

then it's trading korpi, then figuring out if they can move elvis in the offseason. if yes, they likely bring korpi back (or sign/trade for someone else) as the #2. if not, it's a tarasov/elvis tandem.

either way they likely need to get a #3 goalie. like a berube type guy.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
There is no chance they lose Tarasov next year. He'll be in the NHL. There is zero chance....zero! that Korpi and Elvis are the tandem next year.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
There is no chance they lose Tarasov next year. He'll be in the NHL. There is zero chance....zero! that Korpi and Elvis are the tandem next year.
I agree, that's why they must make a decision now if they want to lose Korpi for nothing.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
NGL, I wish they would just trade Gavrikov already
I'm with you, and it sucks for the player being stuck in limbo. I wonder if this "scratching weeks before a trade deadline" will be a new clause that players without NTC/NMC could ask for in negotiations? Our boy, Doug MacLean, brought about the NMC when he wanted to trade Marchant to Anaheim for Fedorov, but he got blocked by the NTC he gave with that contract, so he just waived Marchant as I believe the Ducks was high on the waiver list. Other players saw that and went "naw, you ain't doing me dirty like that, how about a no MOVEMENT clause?"

San Jose just recalled a defenseman. I’m thinking Karlsson to Oiler for Puljujarvi + 1st
Alot more cap would need to go back to SJ even if they retained. I believe Holland said they're so close to the cap that it's a "money in, money out" situation.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I'm with you, and it sucks for the player being stuck in limbo. I wonder if this "scratching weeks before a trade deadline" will be a new clause that players without NTC/NMC could ask for in negotiations? Our boy, Doug MacLean, brought about the NMC when he wanted to trade Marchant to Anaheim for Fedorov, but he got blocked by the NTC he gave with that contract, so he just waived Marchant as I believe the Ducks was high on the waiver list. Other players saw that and went "naw, you ain't doing me dirty like that, how about a no MOVEMENT clause?"
Yeah Jeff Marek was taking about that on his Sportsnet show. It could be something that gets brought up in the next CBA.

I think there is a difference when scratching a player who asked to be traded (Chychrun), versus someone you want to trade (Gavrikov).

Yeah they have been rumored to be in the running for a bit, although their first will be like 31st OA.

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
Why do I get the feeling with all the smoke around Boston, he is gonna end up with team that pops out of nowhere like Vegas. Not saying they will trade for him or need him, they were just the random team I thought off.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Why do I get the feeling with all the smoke around Boston, he is gonna end up with team that pops out of nowhere like Vegas. Not saying they will trade for him or need him, they were just the random team I thought off.
Its possible. They could have offered a good deal but obviously not enough to make Jarmo believe he cant get more. Can be a bit scary though if the teams after your guy start trading their assests for other guys

Reactions: MissADD

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
This has me brain storming now and since I am at work, now is the perfect time to speculate and post. What about the LA Kings? They need defense and a goalie. Guess what the jackets currently have available? A defenseman and a goalie.

If they do happen to trade with the kings, one or both of them, return will depend on if either of them are signed to an extension. Regardless of extensions, if a trade like this does happen, Quick is prob coming here in return, its a money thing. Anything on top of that would depend on extension or extensions signed. The question is how much extra. The cost of a trade for both of them would be the same, if not cheaper as trading for Chychrun. So it could be a good match.

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
Its possible. They could have offered a good deal but obviously not enough to make Jarmo believe he cant get more. Can be a bit scary though if the teams after your guy start trading their assests for other guys
I think its a game a chicken right now. No defenseman of substance has been traded yet. No one wants to set the market either.

Reactions: Grouchy

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
gavi would absolutely thrive in that system if he lands in Vegas

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
gavi would absolutely thrive in that system if he lands in Vegas

With Stone out Vegas has to add a high end forward, not a Dman

Edit,
& Korpi would be perfect for them as well for a run

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad