2023 Trade Deadline (03/03/23 3PM EST)

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Rather than muddying up several other threads, I figured we could put all trade deadline related discussion here.

-Gavrikov appears to have played his last game for the Blue Jackets as he's being held out for "trade related reasons." Reports are Jarmo wants the "Savard package" in return (a 1st and a 3rd). Rumored teams "in" on Gavirkov include Boston, L.A., Edmonton.

-Does Korpisalo get dealt this year?

-Will a team take a flier on Gustav Nyquist?

-Will Jarmo trade someone besides those three guys mentioned?

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Rather than muddying up several other threads, I figured we could put all trade deadline related discussion here.

-Gavrikov appears to have played his last game for the Blue Jackets as he's being held out for "trade related reasons." Reports are Jarmo wants the "Savard package" in return (a 1st and a 3rd). Rumored teams "in" on Gavirkov include Boston, L.A., Edmonton.

Roslovic please. :clap:

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
Roslovic please. :clap:
my assumption is that this happens at the draft. that said, if they trade him today i'd drive him to the airport myself. so over that dude.

eric robinson. maybe marcus bjork.

not saying they will or should trade jenner, but if someone was willing to give up a huge package for him, that might not be the worst thing. soon to be 30 years old, bad back, etc. – his value now is higher than it ever will be again.

do i see a team stepping up to offer that? no.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Maybe Robinson. I doubt Jenner would be traded he's a soul of the team. Roslovic? I don't see the team which he would be interested in this time of the season. And I think minimum one of Foudy/Bemstrom can be traded.

Last edited:

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
Maybe Robinson. I doubt Jenner would be traded he's a soul of the team. Roslovic? I don't see the team which he would be interested in this time of the season. And I think minimum one of Foudy/Bemstrom can be traded.
if the chychrun stuff comes to fruition, i could actually see roslovic being of some interest to arizona in that deal. if they move chychrun, gostisbehere and whoever else (vejmelka, maybe even crouse) they'd be below the cap floor. jack could slide into their top six and they could hold him until next year's trade deadline, then flip him for more assets.

i also do wonder – since the LAK chychrun holdup included a goalie swap with arizona taking petersen, maybe there's a version of a CBJ chychrun deal that includes elvis going the other way?

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I’m worried there’s absolutely no rumors about Korpi, he played well enough to get us a mid pick at least, unless they want to re-sign him, but then we have a goalie problem next year

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I’m worried there’s absolutely no rumors about Korpi, he played well enough to get us a mid pick at least, unless they want to re-sign him, but then we have a goalie problem next year

I'd say we have less of a goalie problem if we keep Korpi. He's the only one of the three I have confidence in right now. And keeping three goalies on the roster is better than running with just Elvis and Tarasov. They're so often injured that we had I think Cajan or another junior backing up this year, even with the supposed surfeit of three NHL goalies.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I'd say we have less of a goalie problem if we keep Korpi. He's the only one of the three I have confidence in right now. And keeping three goalies on the roster is better than running with just Elvis and Tarasov. They're so often injured that we had I think Cajan or another junior backing up this year, even with the supposed surfeit of three NHL goalies.
Well, you can re-sign Korpi in the off season and get something for him now while giving Tarasov some NHL starts

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I think if LAK strike out on Chychrun, a possible Gavrikov/Korpisalo deal would be a good one for them. Could also see Korpi going to Vegas. They have had Goalie injuries and he could be a nice insurance/starting policy with how he's played behind this team. I think Korpi will get more than we think as there isn't much of a goalie market. Just a hunch.

I'm also in on the "move Roslovic" bandwagon. I like him but I just don't see it working out. Unfortunately I'm not sure there is any market for a wanne be top 6 that can't seem to play a full game in the top 12 type player. :(

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Povedal by som, že ak udržíme Korpiho, budeme mať menší problém s brankárom. Je jediný z troch, ktorým momentálne verím. A udržať troch brankárov na súpiske je lepšie ako behať len s Elvisom a Tarasovom. Sú tak často zranení, že tento rok sme mali, myslím, Cajana alebo iného juniora, dokonca aj s údajným prebytkom troch brankárov NHL.
Tarasov won't be moved to AHL without waiver. One of Merzlikins/Korpisalo probably must be traded.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
someone reported that the flames could look to move weegar, that one would really interest me. not great for the tank but i wonder if something around weegar for laine would make sense.

weegar's a righty with a lot of term, can play on either side. would be a really good partner for werenski. tons of term on his contract (which may be a problem 4-5 years from now) but a good AAV.

a defensive core built around werenski + jiricek + weegar would be really nice, and they'd still have enough ammo to make a run for chychrun or offer sheet miller.

from calgary's perspective, laine's probably a way better match to play with huberdeau than anyone they currently have, and they have a ton of defensive depth anyway. obviously not a great match with sutter's coaching but he might be on the hot seat anyway.

Tarasov won't be moved to AHL without waiver. One of Merzlikins/Korpisalo probably must be traded.
tarasov is both waivers-exempt and currently in the AHL

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
someone reported that the flames could look to move weegar, that one would really interest me. not great for the tank but i wonder if something around weegar for laine would make sense.

weegar's a righty with a lot of term, can play on either side. would be a really good partner for werenski. tons of term on his contract (which may be a problem 4-5 years from now) but a good AAV.

a defensive core built around werenski + jiricek + weegar would be really nice, and they'd still have enough ammo to make a run for chychrun or offer sheet miller.

from calgary's perspective, laine's probably a way better match to play with huberdeau than anyone they currently have, and they have a ton of defensive depth anyway. obviously not a great match with sutter's coaching but he might be on the hot seat anyway.

I doubt Calgary wants Laine, but I'd make that trade.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio

I am hoping if he goes to Boston, Gavi returns a future 1st (maybe top 10 protected). I don’t think Boston will win the Cup, but that pick this year will be really late. I’d rather have their 2024 or 2025 1st. I don’t know that he returns a 1st and a 3rd, but you know that Jarmo is good at this game.

Korpi is a good locker room guy. But keeping him hurts the tank. I think you trade him for whatever is offered - maybe a 2025 5th.

I think someone will offer a conditional deal for Nyquist.

Of the rest, Robinson is most likely - a smart team would make an offer. I could see a team like Carolina or Tampa making an offer because he is cheap next year too. Trade Robinson to the Hurricanes for the Flyers’ 2024 2nd round pick that was part of the Tony DeAngelo deal? I’d be willing to move guys like Bemstrom, Foudy, etc but who knows if there is a demand for those guys.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I gotta think Toronto might be interested in Korpi as goalie insurance considering the injuries to Murray. They remember what Korpi did against them in the bubble and then saw him play really well this past weekend vs them.

I agree with Xoggz22 that a combo Korpi/Gavy deal to the Kings makes some sense.

I do think there will be several Gs that could potentially be moved. The goalies in AZ and Chicago have both outperformed expectations on bad clubs and could be moved.

AP's article in TA today had seven options for Gavi (with potential returns): Boston, Buffalo, Dallas, Edmonton, LA Kings, Leafs and Washington. The Boston return suggested Mason Lohrei who many of us have followed at Ohio State.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

tarasov is both waivers-exempt and currently in the AHL
I mean the next season.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I gotta think Toronto might be interested in Korpi as goalie insurance considering the injuries to Murray. They remember what Korpi did against them in the bubble and then saw him play really well this past weekend vs them.

I agree with Xoggz22 that a combo Korpi/Gavy deal to the Kings makes some sense.

I do think there will be several Gs that could potentially be moved. The goalies in AZ and Chicago have both outperformed expectations on bad clubs and could be moved.

AP's article in TA today had seven options for Gavi (with potential returns): Boston, Buffalo, Dallas, Edmonton, LA Kings, Leafs and Washington. The Boston return suggested Mason Lohrei who many of us have followed at Ohio State.

It sounds like LA wants players with term(Gavrikov).

Korpi could/should be a great assurance for Gavrikov landing a 1st

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Ottawa could be a destination for Korpi, they just had Forsberg go down and their situation is already bleak. I read an article (on DFO I'm sure) and it sounded like Korpi would fit their situation quite well.

That said I kind of hope we do whatever Korpi wants to do - if he wants to go to a contender and there's an offer as a rental, do it (and hopefully sign him back in the offseason). If he wants to stay (they just had a baby), extend him at $2-3M or so. I'm more comfortable with Korpi than many of the UFA names floating around. We could simply run the tandem of Korpi and Elvis again next year and call up Jet Greaves if needed (he's waivers exempt), and let Tarasov play a full season in the AHL. It's not the greatest situation overall but if Korpi plays as well as right now and doesn't get hurt too much, it could be worth it.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Well, you can re-sign Korpi in the off season and get something for him now while giving Tarasov some NHL starts
Tarasov needs to get healthy first. As of last night he was still out. They said on Friday he was day to day, but still no sign of him. Maybe this weekend.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
He's already in the AHL and he's exempt through this year. Next year he will require waivers to go to the AHL, however, I don't see him not in the NHL next year.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
It sounds like LA wants players with term(Gavrikov).

Korpi could/should be a great assurance for Gavrikov landing a 1st
Gavrikov has no term...he's a UFA at the end of the season. Or did I misunderstand your comment? I also think Gavy could get us a first rounder by himself...I would even be willing to make it a 2024 first rounder.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Gavrikov has no term...he's a UFA at the end of the season. Or did I misunderstand your comment? I also think Gavy could get us a first rounder by himself...I would even be willing to make it a 2024 first rounder.

I meant they won’t go for Gavrikov without an extension in place.

It’s been reported they want a player with term, no rentals

Gavrikov should net a 1st but I agree that there’s lot of high end players on the market this year and it’s not as certain.
Also I would prefer a -23 1st because Columbus needs to be aggressive this year.
They could/should have the best prospect pool in the league this summer and shouldn’t be picking anywhere close to the top (lottery win outside) for a long time. They need to start taking steps and that extra 1st should be a trade asset.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I’d be willing to move guys like Bemstrom, Foudy, etc but who knows if there is a demand for those guys.
It seems like most years there are a few small deals as well around but players, stuff that happens because people are talking. But deals involving guys like that usually involve another guy like that coming back, not picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00