2023 Trade Deadline (03/03/23 3PM EST)

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Vegas broadcast talking about how Columbus scratching Gavrikov is a sign of us wanting to lose, and is not good for competitive balance of the league - he wants the league to fix it.

(Sigh)

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Korpi needs to get traded for a Cup run and then try to bring him back.

He’s playing constantly at MVP level for Columbus and there’s plenty of playoff teams desperate for better goaltending.
Vegas, La leading the way, Toronto wanting assurance?

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
I really hope Gavy is moved sooner than later. The discussing of his scratch, expected return etc. has gotten nauseating.
I feel the same. Would be nice to be able to just push the fast forward button and quickly get past TDL to discussing next steps of roster building.

Reactions: VT

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City

Honestly, knowing Jarmo, he is probably using the price of Chychrun as a negotiation tactic. "Look at how expensive Chychrun, and you could in theory only have him for 2 years. But look at my shiny defenseman. He may not as flashy as Chychrun, but he is a solid unit, cheaper unit and you could possibly have him for 8 years. I know which I would take."

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
The TSN Big Trade Board has Gavy at #3 behind Timo Meier and Chycrun. They also have Gus at #14 and Peeker at #31.

Article says talks might be heating up between Edmonton and San Jose for Karlsson. I have to think with Karlsson having 4 years left on his deal at like $35 Million per season that the number of trade partners is limited. Especially as the whole cap thing might be getting fuzzy with the whole Bally Sports debacle getting more attention the past couple days.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Honestly, knowing Jarmo, he is probably using the price of Chychrun as a negotiation tactic. "Look at how expensive Chychrun, and you could in theory only have him for 2 years. But look at my shiny defenseman. He may not as flashy as Chychrun, but he is a solid unit, cheaper unit and you could possibly have him for 8 years. I know which I would take."

"Now tilt your head back so I can administer the novocain, you won't feel a thing"

Reactions: MissADD

5th Line Fanatic

Oct 2, 2020
I would pay good money to watch "The Dentist" negotiate a trade from beginning to end.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
Peeker at #31.

i would be 1000% on board with a peeke trade. he's definitely a likable player but his size/handedness/contract combination makes him way more valuable in a trade than he is to this current roster build.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
i would be 1000% on board with a peeke trade. he's definitely a likable player but his size/handedness/contract combination makes him way more valuable in a trade than he is to this current roster build.
My prob with trading away Peeke is that makes our D that much weaker and that's just one more slot to fill this offseason when we already need to fill 2 or 3.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
My prob with trading away Peeke is that makes our D that much weaker and that's just one more slot to fill this offseason when we already need to fill 2 or 3.
they need to move a RHD regardless to get jiricek a spot. jiricek has a lot of shared traits with peeke (size, tenacity) but adds a whole lot on top of that.

gudbranson isn't moveable. boqvist's stock is down a bit but he's come on strong lately. blankenburg's a fun but oft-injured player.

between those three guys and peeke, peeke is definitely the most valuable on the trade market and the one who is most replaceable by jiricek. the left side is (imo) the bigger problem, which is why i'm all-in on getting chychrun.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
they need to move a RHD regardless to get jiricek a spot. jiricek has a lot of shared traits with peeke (size, tenacity) but adds a whole lot on top of that.

gudbranson isn't moveable. boqvist's stock is down a bit but he's come on strong lately. blankenburg's a fun but oft-injured player.

between those three guys and peeke, peeke is definitely the most valuable on the trade market and the one who is most replaceable by jiricek. the left side is (imo) the bigger problem, which is why i'm all-in on getting chychrun.
If we're trading Peeke to get Chychrun, that's okay, but if we're trading Peeke to simply get assets I'd rather keep him.

Reactions: Fro

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
If we're trading Peeke to get Chychrun, that's okay, but if we're trading Peeke to simply get assets I'd rather keep him.
i view those as independent moves but would obviously be open to including peeke in that.

for me, it'd be:
1. trade gavrikov
2. take gavrikov return, add picks/prospects, get chychrun
3. hockey trade with peeke bringing back a young center

alternatively, hold peeke until the offseason and build a package around him + a prospect + the 2024 first to get a top six center.

Reactions: thebus88

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
i view those as independent moves but would obviously be open to including peeke in that.

for me, it'd be:
1. trade gavrikov
2. take gavrikov return, add picks/prospects, get chychrun
3. hockey trade with peeke bringing back a young center

alternatively, hold peeke until the offseason and build a package around him + a prospect + the 2024 first to get a top six center.
Eh, I'd rather keep Peeke in that scenario. I'd rather Peeke fighting for that extra spot than basically any of our other depth defenseman. Defenseman like Peeke need more time to establish themselves and you can never have too many RHD on your roster, especially after we've seen how injuries can decimate a blueline in a matter of days.

We (myself included) also need to temper Jiricek coming in and making an impact from opening night, there's a possibility (though slim) that he needs some more time in Cleveland.

I just don't think we end up with Chychrun and we'll have to make a big move for a defensemen rather than a center this off-season.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
little excerpt here from lebrun in the athletic:

Mattias Ekholm, Matt Duchene, Ryan Johansen, Mikael Granlund, Nino Niederreiter … if the Predators fall out of it over the next week, I truly believe the team will be ready to listen on all those players and more.

he went on to say that those would be 'hockey trades' which are harder to make in-season. obviously ryan johansen's had a down year, but i wouldn't mind getting him as a stopgap option. granlund's another one of those 'winger who can fake it at center' kinda guys but would still be a net positive for the jackets.

the one that interests me, though, is a matt duchene reunion. still productive and his NTC doesn't kick in until next season. the way this roster looks now, he'd be a really, really good fit.

something around peeke or boqvist (+ other assets) for duchene might make sense. nashville could shed salary and add a versatile and cost-controlled RHD, CBJ would get a 1B type center who will eventually regress, but should (hopefully) have a long-term 1C in place by then.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
RoR just got a 1st and other picks. There’s still time to say Gavrikov is getting a first

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
RoR just got a 1st and other picks. There’s still time to say Gavrikov is getting a first

I understand he has had his worst season of his career and he’s coming off some injuries but.. surely you’re not valuing Gavi’s worth anywhere near to ROR’s worth, right? lol

Reactions: thebus88

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I understand he has had his worst season of his career and he’s coming off some injuries but.. surely you’re not valuing Gavi’s worth anywhere near to ROR’s worth, right? lol
In 2023, yes

RoR will get more because cup champ though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad